Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o of pool rental thread

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:28 pm
I don't want to derail that thread even though this topic came up there, but I realized that people who rent out their pools, houses etc. don't realize how big of a tircha it really is for their neighbors.

The op of that thread dismissed others' bringing up those concerns of noise and mess and parking saying it's not so noisy and ber neighbors don't mind, but as a neighbor on the other side of this I just want to put it out there that making money off of your property almost always affects your nice neighbors in some way.

Of course I can't say much because how can I ruin relationships with the people I need to live next to kids are friends with their kids and so on but I was surprised to see that those renting out don't really seem to care

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:48 pm
My neighbors don’t rent their pool but rent their property to boys doing sports and it’s super annoying and I am very resentful. It’s loud noisy and cars turn around in my driveway and the boys leave wrappers everywhere etc

I really am frustrated but like you there’s not much I can do about it

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:40 pm
Between the pool rentals, house construction, and in-home businesses (pa, sheitels, playgroups etc) there is no peace and quiet.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Between the pool rentals, house construction, and in-home businesses (pa, sheitels, playgroups etc) there is no peace and quiet.

If someone can't tolerate "normal" noise they should go live in a really rural area with no neighbors.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
If someone can't tolerate "normal" noise they should go live in a really rural area with no neighbors.

Oh come on.
What most people (including me) complain about isn't "normal" by any stretch.
My neighbor has a home-based business and a pool rental.
People are so inconsiderate.
Noisy. Messy. Dirty. They hike through my yard with their strollers and ten kids. They make a huge racket at all hours. Keep my kids (and me!) up late at night. Drop garbage on my grass. Bang on my door. Block my driveway "for just a minute." Block my mailbox so the mailman won't deliver. Sit the kids on my grass to eat a snack and make a mess. I literally cannot relax in my own yard because it's so obnoxiously loud and dirty. We have no privacy and no peace.

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:25 pm
Yes, that poster just dismissed that the neighbors might care as if it’s nothing because she doesn’t want to feel guilty and wants money.
I live next door to someone like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette