Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
In contract; having second thoughts -- need support
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
OK, I wasn't going to share but you really have a point, so I will (without giving exact location):

New City, near Lady Godiva Way and Prides Crossing (I promise -- I didn't make up these names!), near Tamarack and parallel to Congers.
Some of the houses are still in the 800s range, although anywhere closer to a minyan, such big houses in solid condition and curb appeal would be well over a million. It's a quiet, nice, flat (not Hilly) neighborhood with some Jewish (albeit unaffiliated) neighbors. I even saw a "We stand with Israel" sign!
Only five minute drive, you have the main street with ShopRite, Stop & Shop, Chase bank, pharmacy, gas station, Starbucks and New City's library! About 15 min drive to both Bingo and evergreen uptown for the Jewish supermarkets. About 10 minutes from the Palisades Mall (many activities for kids, plus kosher burgers!)
This area is also only minutes away from multiple parks, including three state parks! It really has everything. All it needs is a few more nice people like *you* and a closer shul.
Are you all coming Smile ?
OK, I totally feel like a RE agent right now, so I'm going to stop. Enough said.

I actually looked at a house in that area today! Although we wouldnt move in right away looking to put in a tenant for the first 2-3 years

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:32 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I actually looked at a house in that area today! Although we wouldnt move in right away looking to put in a tenant for the first 2-3 years

Oh wow! Hatzlach with that. Is the tenant going to be frum?

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:35 pm
Probably not sorry 😔 but I'm betting on the area filling up with frum Jews soon!
I also noticed the lack of eruv but I didn't even factor it in because it's definitely gonna be added in the next few years

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:42 pm
The eruv goes until Ridge Road which includes that area

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:52 pm
We did something similar, not far from you, a few years ago. Best move ever, we are so happy.
Major difference in quality of life.
Hatzlacha

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 6:22 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
The eruv goes until Ridge Road which includes that area

Hi, we called the Eruv committee. They said they couldn't verify. They gave us the name of a guy who is involved with the Eruv and Minyanim. We asked him a few days ago but still waiting to hear back.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 6:23 pm
I live in New City. As of this past September, the eruv was extended and does include that area!!

Hi, is there a way for me to verify this please? We called the Eruv committee, and we didn't get a clear answer.

amother
  Springgreen

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:29 pm
Check out Rocklanderuv.org
Its section 15

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:14 am
Check out Rocklanderuv.org
Its section 15

Thank you! We found out we are in the Eruv!!

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! We found out we are in the Eruv!!

So happy for you! Just found this thread, I think you have nothing to worry about OP. New city is exploding. We bought a house in an area of new city where there was almost no one and now we already have 2 full minyanim. Just keep your eyes out for your neighbors houses going up for sale and be in contact with a frum agent
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating