Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood mesivtas -- limudei chol?
Previous  1  2

amother
  Snowdrop

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:23 pm
There are 2 main options.
I chose the Friday group over motzei Shabbos
It’s taught by the ppl that do the optional ged program in rabbi steins yeshiva.

amother
  Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Ok so I was comparing to witty, not the super yeshivish mesivtas, which was our 2nd choice after we spoke to the rebbi, but was originally our first choice because we thought it was similar learning style but more yeshivish and rebbi said it’s really just the name. My husband did a little research and said it seems to be true

Yes is true. Witty takes double the kids, divides in afternoon by capability so more of a mix of intellectual capabilities.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 8:03 pm
Rabbi Lemberg runs a GED program. He usually advertises around succos time. It's motzei shabbos for most of the year until they change the clock and then it's on Fri afternoon. It's a 2 year program. He covers math and English/writing

amother
Peru

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:05 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Like rich type?

No.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Ok so I was comparing to witty, not the super yeshivish mesivtas, which was our 2nd choice after we spoke to the rebbi, but was originally our first choice because we thought it was similar learning style but more yeshivish and rebbi said it’s really just the name. My husband did a little research and said it seems to be true

Witty is not an aleph plus mesivta so how can you compare the two. Also witty is for the more modern crowd.

Weinberger’s is more American than yehsivish the boys are into their clothes and their colored socks. It’s not as yehsivish as SloMowitz or Daniel cohen or Mintz. It’s a more American type of crowd some parents are doctors there or some boys there plan on going to college.

mommy#1

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:55 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Witty is not an aleph plus mesivta so how can you compare the two. Also witty is for the more modern crowd.

Weinberger’s is more American than yehsivish the boys are into their clothes and their colored socks. It’s not as yehsivish as SloMowitz or Daniel cohen or Mintz. It’s a more American type of crowd some parents are doctors there or some boys there plan on going to college.

Witty is I believe pretty high level learning. Maybe not alef plus, but high level. And the crowd there isn’t modern at all!

I know many boys in Weinbergers, there for high school and Bais medrash , who want to learn for awhile after they get married.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:04 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:

Your description of both yeshivas are nothing like reality

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:03 am
Some boys that I see from weinbergers are from american families amd are more straight type kids that I can see going to darchei if lived in FR

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:30 am
SilverFlower wrote:
Posting mainly for a friend (but I'm also curious) -- are there any boys high schools in lakewood that are more brooklyn or monsey style in terms of a concrete secular studies program? Any names come to mind? Same question for elementary.

No, there aren’t.
No boys high school in Lakewood with a legit English department.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics