Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Plan on swtiching to walmart. Please advise me b4 hand
1  2  Next

relaxation  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:47 pm
with amazons return policy getting bad and also seeing a 50% sale on walmart plus I want to join walmart+ and shop there instead moving forward. I want to know though in advance if its worth it and wanted to know how shopping there is different.

Are the prices the same or more expensive ?

Is returns for free (even if not defective) ?

How do they take returns ?

what else should I know in advance ?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:55 pm
What’s happening to Amazon’s return policy ? What’s changing?

amother
Purple  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:55 pm
Pros:
Returns are easy- sometimes you have to call to request a refund instead of going back to the store to return.
and they typically refund you or give a replacement
shipping is easy and smooth
Cons:
The quality isn’t as good not as many options

relaxation  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:59 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
What’s happening to Amazon’s return policy ? What’s changing?
they just are giving me complications. Most of the time I have to pay for return shipping and sometimes b4 returing an item they put a message warning me that id the item is not in exact unused condition I may lose my refund altogether etc...

relaxation  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:01 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Pros:
Returns are easy- sometimes you have to call to request a refund instead of going back to the store to return.
and they typically refund you or give a replacement
shipping is easy and smooth
Cons:
The quality isn’t as good not as many options
But I dont have a store near my area. Can all this not be done online ? Also is there customer service by chat available ? And in terms of return time frame is it 30 days as well ? Also are all the items there sold by walmart or it has sellers like amazon. ?

amother
NeonGreen  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:05 pm
relaxation wrote:
they just are giving me complications. Most of the time I have to pay for return shipping and sometimes b4 returing an item they put a message warning me that id the item is not in exact unused condition I may lose my refund altogether etc...

If you chat with customer service they usually give you free return shipping. They're just making it harder to find.
And most stores (except maybe Lands' End and LLBean) will tell you that they won't refund (or only give partial) if the item is not in unused condition.

amother
  Purple

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:07 pm
relaxation wrote:
But I dont have a store near my area. Can all this not be done online ? Also is there customer service by chat available ? And in terms of return time frame is it 30 days as well ? Also are all the items there sold by walmart or it has sellers like amazon. ?

I think you might need to check if they’ll deliver to you Walmart plus
Customer Service is good but best sold by Walmart

Both has sold by Walmart and with the sold by other sellers been having bad returns experience

relaxation  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:20 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
If you chat with customer service they usually give you free return shipping. They're just making it harder to find.
And most stores (except maybe Lands' End and LLBean) will tell you that they won't refund (or only give partial) if the item is not in unused condition.
I have chatted with customer service, in the past it used to be like that with free return but recently they ask me , what is the reason for return. I dont want to say item was defective or the like just to get free return etc. So they do based on my reason and then I see lo and behold the refund amount is not exaclty the price I paid and it was a waste of time chatting with customer service

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:31 pm
Agree about Amazon. Why specifically Walmart though?

relaxation  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:46 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
Agree about Amazon. Why specifically Walmart though?
well as far as I know that is the best alternative and most similar. What else you would suggest ?

amother
Pewter  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 12:05 am
I have both. I don't have any issues returning to amazon.
I don't love Walmart+ and thinking of not renewing. For grocery items you need to purchase $35 (can be a mix of grocery and non grocery). I once wanted to by cleaning wipes. It wouldn't let me get free shipping unless I had $35. Was a pain.

relaxation  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:21 am
amother Pewter wrote:
I have both. I don't have any issues returning to amazon.
I don't love Walmart+ and thinking of not renewing. For grocery items you need to purchase $35 (can be a mix of grocery and non grocery). I once wanted to by cleaning wipes. It wouldn't let me get free shipping unless I had $35. Was a pain.
so amazon doesnt charge you for return shipping ? How do you do that ?

Amarante  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:34 am
The problem with Walmart is that they don't have the selection that amazon has so what is the point of switching.

If you want to purchase through Walmart.com, shipping is free if you order $35 of eligible stuff.

I am not sure if people are ordering food but I don't think the quality of produce and similar items is very good at Walmart stores.

Amazon isn't perfect and so I tend to avoid items that are problematic for different reasons. I wouldn't order expensive electronics and I would avoid cosmetics unless purchasing from the specific manufacturer.

I return almost nothing because I don't buy items with the expectation that they will need to be returned and so very occasionally I will have to return something because it is defective - e.g. soap leaked and then they just have given me a credit very easily.

relaxation

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:47 am
Amarante wrote:
The problem with Walmart is that they don't have the selection that amazon has so what is the point of switching.

If you want to purchase through Walmart.com, shipping is free if you order $35 of eligible stuff.

I am not sure if people are ordering food but I don't think the quality of produce and similar items is very good at Walmart stores.

Amazon isn't perfect and so I tend to avoid items that are problematic for different reasons. I wouldn't order expensive electronics and I would avoid cosmetics unless purchasing from the specific manufacturer.

I return almost nothing because I don't buy items with the expectation that they will need to be returned and so very occasionally I will have to return something because it is defective - e.g. soap leaked and then they just have given me a credit very easily.
but I am considering getting walmart plus. I also dont need to have every item in the world and every variety. Returning for me is the big thing

Amarante  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:01 am
relaxation wrote:
but I am considering getting walmart plus. I also dont need to have every item in the world and every variety. Returning for me is the big thing

It's pretty easy to go to Walmart.com and see what there is available.

In my experience, the selection is far inferior to amazon as almost nothing that I order from amazon is available through Walmart.

Your experience could be different but for me I only very occasionally order from Walmart - I just got a bunch of pretzels from Walmarts.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:24 am
Walmart customer service is definitely not better than Amazon. I’m fed up with Amazon too but what are the alternatives … Walmart isn’t the answer for sure. Also like amarante said Walmart doesn’t carry lots of things. For example my vitamins, I would need to start ordering those elsewhere and wouldn’t get same day delivery.

amother
  Pewter

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 2:52 pm
Quote:

Nope. If I select one of the free return options. It does mean I have to drive a little farther to staples or whole foods.

amother
  NeonGreen

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 2:54 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Quote:

Nope. If I select one of the free return options. It does mean I have to drive a little farther to staples or whole foods.

If it's not an option in the return center, I'll chat with customer service to get a free printable label, so I can just pack it back up in the box it came in and leave it with a UPS driver.

mommyhood

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 3:06 pm
I suggest going through your recent Amazon orders and putting those items into walmarts website to see if they have what you get. We get a lot of clothing and shoes that they just don’t have on Walmart or at least not the brands I want.
I also don’t know if this is everyone’s experience but I have had many times that I tried ordering things through Walmart+ and they were out of stock.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 3:08 pm
Amarante wrote:

Walmart+ gives you free shipping, no minimum. Only groceries have a minimum to get free delivery.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics