Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help a hopeless baker make my own kiddush!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Do I ut each one in a muffin tin? How else can I make them look elegant?

I make them all in a cookie sheet and cut in squares. They look very presentable this way. Especially lemon ones.
You can make these with a different filling out of the box if you have mini cupcake pans. They look very nice.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/r.....22995

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:31 am
amother OP wrote:
The cake pop recipe didn't look difficult. Are looks deceiving? What about mousse cups?

Mousse cups are easy. But you need lots of fridge space.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:07 am
I'm also making a simcha soon but only need recipes that can be made ahead and frozen.
Do toffee bars freeze well?
What about peanut chews?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:19 am
amother Ecru wrote:
I'm also making a simcha soon but only need recipes that can be made ahead and frozen.
Do toffee bars freeze well?
What about peanut chews?

They both freeze well

rising hero

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:37 am
If I were you I would make a few bundt cakes (you can pre-slice them, I find it goes quicker like that). And then if you still want a few miniatures do something quick and easy to make/freeze. Do not patchke.

Mocha bundt cake. Easy and delicious
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86398

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 10:22 am
You can also do salads in miniature cups
Fruit
Lettuce
Israeli
Black bean and sweet potato
Taboulli
These need to be prepped same day

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:01 am
amother Mauve wrote:
I'm getting so stressed out for you Can't Believe It

This thread should be linked for those saying less pressure oot.

Op, where did you grow up?

Hotzlocha to you and mazal tov!!

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:25 am
Some easyish stuff:

Last year when I made a bar mitzva tarts were popular in my Lakewood neighborhood. I had one sent from a bakery and one made by my neighbor. She said theyre pretty simple. - its like a rectangle mold with toppings.

Also, nutty chew recipes in a log mold with drizzle. Blend the nutty chews

Cook blondies on a sheet pan an cut out w round cookie cutter. Buy frosting in a squeezie and pipe a little mound on each a top with something, like a mini cookie you can buy.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:32 pm
Some easyish stuff:

Last year when I made a bar mitzva tarts were popular in my Lakewood neighborhood. I had one sent from a bakery and one made by my neighbor. She said theyre pretty simple. - its like a rectangle mold with toppings.

Also, nutty chew recipes in a log mold with drizzle. Blend the nutty chews

Cook blondies on a sheet pan an cut out w round cookie cutter. Buy frosting in a squeezie and pipe a little mound on each a top with something, like a mini cookie you can buy.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:39 pm
Didn't read all the responses so hope I'm not repeating here.
Some ideas that come to mind:
*fruit salad or ambrosia in cups. must be made right before but very easy and looks nice, plus ppl enjoy
*if it's a ladies kiddush - do a bunch of salads. If ppl offer to help, ask them to bring a salad for the kiddush. think cabbage salad, mandarin orange/roasted almond lettuce salad, turkey salad, chinese lomaine salad, etc.
*if it's a mens only kiddush you really don't have to focus on the looks. save yourself the headache and put out cholent, kugel, herring + crackers, and a few basic cakes or cookies. and drinks of course.
*instead of regular cake pops, make peanut butter rice crispy bars, press them into the cake pop mold and put in the stick. Dip all or half into melted chocolate, or just drizzle it on top. easier than cake pops and yum.
*make a large pan (or a few) or cookie bars - a basic chocolate chip bar recipe should be great. Use cookie cutters to cut them into medium size circles.
*Any regular cookies or cake that is drizzled or covered with icing makes it much fancier. You can then sprinkle some pearl sprinkles on top to make it even nicer.
*make some chocolate bark. super easy and quick, looks nice, and ppl eat it.

Main thing - it's all in the presentation! If there's someone who can help you set it up (or if you're good at that yourself) with some nice platters, add some flowers and trays at different heights, etc, the kiddush will look stunning even if the food isn't actually all that fancy.

Hatzlacha and mazel tov!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:42 pm
Bake tons of diff cookies.
Buy many cookie jars or vases from dollar store. Or get from Gemach.
Fill with assorted cookies. Or bars and sticks (faster to make)
Can make dinner done 9x13 cookie sticks with lots of diff flavors. Like caramel, nuts.

Bake brownie sheets. Ice. Sprinkle on pretty toppings. Cut out into circle shapes.

Buy Kokosh cake. Slice into platters.

Buy 2 large cakes to fill table.

Buy diced fruit and fill mini cups.

Buy golden flow smoothie drink. Fill pretty 2 oz cups. Insert straw. Can serve like that or freeze in advance do slushy.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:55 pm
I wish I could help you I love this stuff. I would make
lotus bars- https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-2007
mini cupcakes with a dark chocolate glaze and sprinkles.
chocolate chip cookie stick base but then make a few batches and put choc chips in some, sprinkles in some, cinnamon sugar on some, and smores on some ( pieces of graham cracker, choc chips, and mini marshmellows)
crinkle cookies
choc mousse cups and just grate some choc on top
choc bundt cake with powdered sugar sprinkled on top
maybe a lemon bundt cake

in general I would just make like 3-4 batches of a few things as opposed to a million things bc its easier and probably cheaper

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:57 pm
OP if you have a Neshei or women's group, call and ask them for help where women can bake 1 cake or cookies. 15 women, is 15 cakes, enough for mezonos.

renslet

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:41 pm
Easy choc mousse - melt a bag of choc chips with 8oz of whip (can even do in the microwave) if you can do nuts add a spoon of peanut butter. Fill tiny cups.
Beat riches whip and add lemon curd (you can buy it ready) - pipe into small cups, sprinkle grated lemon rind on top

Both freeze beautifully

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:22 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Mousse cups are easy. But you need lots of fridge space.

Can I freeze them? I actually have the fridge space,but I want to make them abou 10 days in advance

elemeno

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:38 am
https://baranbakery.com/mini-cupcakes/
Or
https://www.burntbuttercakes.c.....cakes
Make mini cupcakes with white or blue frosting, you can put some metallic sprinkles or pearls on top to make it look fancy. Any cupcake recipe, buttercream frosting, and sprinkles. Youll need piping bags and tips to make pretty, but really easy

https://www.cookingclassy.com/.....fles/
Don’t use that recipe, but just for pictures. You can make or buy sponge or vanilla cake. Put in cups.. Whip up some richs whip. Put on top of cake. Blend frozen/ defrosted strawberries with some sugar. Put over the top layer. Freeze after each layer so they dont mix. You can layer a few times.

OR, you can do the same thing, with multiple layers of it, in a full size trifle like this: https://www.bigbearswife.com/s.....ifle/

Mini cups and forks of mini sliced melons/fruit are always pretty. Just make the cuts small cubes.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/re.....-log/
Dont use this recipe, but just to get an idea of the shape. Make a rice crispy treat recipe, and shape into a long log. Cover the whole thing in melted dark chocolate (evenly). Drizzle white chocolate on top. You can top with some brittle or crunch

Any bundt cake, you can make in one of those super long loaf pans instead of a bundt (any recipe will probably make 2 of these). They are fancier looking but the same effort. Just google nice frostings and some topping to put on.

Mini cups of candies, OR buy a wooden board (preferably with slight walls on the sides), and arrange candy in color from one corner diagonally to the other.

Cinnamon buns

Good luck!! This is soo fun for me! Lmk if u need help

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:22 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
This thread should be linked for those saying less pressure oot.

Op, where did you grow up?

Hotzlocha to you and mazal tov!!

I don't understand this comment.
It is less pressure oot. You're able to serve homemade stuff without being "weird".
Someone in town wouldn't attempt her own kiddush. They would buy everything or hire a party planner and be stressed out from the expense!
Personally I applaud OP for staying within budget! I'm sure kiddush will look beautiful! Lots of good ideas on this thread!

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:27 am
Dessert can also be fruit trays.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:44 pm
OP hows the baking going?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics