Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Professional training for frum therapists?

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:30 pm
I’m about to start a masters degree in Mental Health Counseling. I know it’s a few years down the line but I’m already thinking about specializations I would like to study. I would love to get training in a psychodynamic approach, depth psychotherapy, or something similar.

However, it seems that trainings for advanced modalities usually take place over the weekends.

If you’re a frum therapist and you’ve done advanced trainings, where did you do them? Did you work out a way to go to a secular program over Shabbos? Are there any programs geared towards the frum community?

Thanks!

aisheschayil98

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:33 pm
Nachas consulting is a great resource and offer great trainings

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:47 pm
aisheschayil98 wrote:
Nachas consulting is a great resource and offer great trainings

Thank you!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:58 pm
Once you know what you're looking for, you wait for what they call a Sabbath friendly training. Most of the major trainers offer it every year or two.

When you're ready to really specialize, don't compromise on the quality of your training.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 4:39 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Once you know what you're looking for, you wait for what they call a Sabbath friendly training. Most of the major trainers offer it every year or two.

When you're ready to really specialize, don't compromise on the quality of your training.

Yes, this is generally available in the tristate area for sure.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:56 pm
amother Mustard wrote:

Which trainers? For which modalities?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:18 pm
Most things you’ll be able to find not on shabbos. I did EMDR, they had a shabbos option and also a during the week option

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m about to start a masters degree in Mental Health Counseling. I know it’s a few years down the line but I’m already thinking about specializations I would like to study. I would love to get training in a psychodynamic approach, depth psychotherapy, or something similar.

However, it seems that trainings for advanced modalities usually take place over the weekends.

If you’re a frum therapist and you’ve done advanced trainings, where did you do them? Did you work out a way to go to a secular program over Shabbos? Are there any programs geared towards the frum community?

Thanks!

Hi are you starting at Touro?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:01 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Hi are you starting at Touro?

I’m not…

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Most things you’ll be able to find not on shabbos. I did EMDR, they had a shabbos option and also a during the week option

What if I want to be a psychoanalyst? (Not saying I definitely want to but it’s a strong interest I’ve had for a long time). All the institutions I’ve looked at do mandatory trainings on weekends.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:03 pm
I live outside NY/NJ and several frum therapists got together and arranged a shabbos friendly training.
It worked out really well.
I wish there were more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics