Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O Walmart +
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:46 am
I just signed up for Walmart + and would like to make the most of it.
Please share all your tips! (When to order, what you like to order etc.)
I’m in Jackson so I assume will use the Howell location.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:59 am
amother OP wrote:
I just signed up for Walmart + and would like to make the most of it.
Please share all your tips! (When to order, what you like to order etc.)
I’m in Jackson so I assume will use the Howell location.

If you want decent produce, make sure you take the first of the mornings slots. Also, I order all my drinks there and make sure to tip.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:59 am
You can get in-store prices with no minimum and free 1-2 day delivery on most household products. So if you need another container of soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Gray wrote:
If you want decent produce, make sure you take the first of the mornings slots. Also, I order all my drinks there and make sure to tip.

I order a lot of produce from Walmart. Thanks for the tip. But why tip the driver every time?

amother
Honeydew  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I order a lot of produce from Walmart. Thanks for the tip. But why tip the driver every time?

What delivery service do you use that tipping isn't expected? Everyone I know since I was a child has been tipping for grocery delivery.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:15 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
What delivery service do you use that tipping isn't expected? Everyone I know since I was a child has been tipping for grocery delivery.

I always tip the drivers, especially since they're lugging my cases of water.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:47 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:

I do tip but this is not so obvious to all. We don't tip UPS drivers, amazon delivery, etc. People think of Walmart + as another amazon option and don't see why tipping is necessary

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:50 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I do tip but this is not so obvious to all. We don't tip UPS drivers, amazon delivery, etc. People think of Walmart + as another amazon option and don't see why tipping is necessary

If you're using it for shipments, they use USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc so it would fall in that category. If you're using it for grocery delivery, it's like any other grocery delivery. I wouldn't compare it to Amazon or UPS when they're shlepping fifteen shopping bags onto your front porch each time.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:52 pm
How much is considered a decent tip?
(Btw when I order from my local frum grocery for delivery, they ring the bell once and leave boxes at my door so I don’t tip.)
I guess in this case you tip on the app?

amother
Bluebonnet  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:53 pm
The Walmart+ delivery people are not on a payroll like UPS. They accept jobs in a similar system to Uber. The Walmart+ orders aren't ready for them at curbside. The delivery person actually parks his car, enters the store and puts together your order. I've seen them in stores at the hair products trying to find the exact bottle or at the makeup aisle etc. They then come to your house and sometimes carry heavy bottles. With all this I can't imagine that the Walmart+ membership pay is that great. Therefore a tip is very much expected unlike a UPS delivery who gets a regular paycheck.

amother
Honey  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
(Btw when I order from my local frum grocery for delivery, they ring the bell once and leave boxes at my door so I don’t tip.)

$1 per mile round trip. More if it’s a shlep (Ie into a building in multiple trips via a quick walk from the curb to the porch, a large order, heavy items)

The drivers aren’t Walmart employees. They are making beans and I think contracted by door dash. At least this covers mileage plus a little bit.

If I know I’m not the only stop (because they did a delivery after picking up mine and before they delivered mine), I reduce the tip.

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:57 pm
amother OP wrote:

It depends how much they're shlepping. I generally do $5-10 unless it's especially heavy.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:57 pm
Quote:
The delivery person actually parks his car, enters the store and puts together your order.

In the two different states I've lived in this is not true. The Walmart employees put together the orders and the driver is only contracted to deliver. I believe they are through Doordash (may vary by location).
Whenever I have trouble with my delivery and I call Walmart they always tell me that the drivers are employed by a third party and they have can have no contact with them once the groceries leave their store.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:58 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
The Walmart+ delivery people are not on a payroll like UPS. They accept jobs in a similar system to Uber. The Walmart+ orders aren't ready for them at curbside. The delivery person actually parks his car, enters the store and puts together your order. I've seen them in stores at the hair products trying to find the exact bottle or at the makeup aisle etc. They then come to your house and sometimes carry heavy bottles. With all this I can't imagine that the Walmart+ membership pay is that great. Therefore a tip is very much expected unlike a UPS delivery who gets a regular paycheck.

No they don't shop for you. Before I signed up for Walmart + I went to pick up my delivery. There were lots of cars waiting for orders. I asked one of the drivers how long he's been waiting for since I was in a bit of a rush and he said fir the past 30 min or so. He said he doesn't care since he is getting paid by the hour.

amother
  Honey

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:59 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Quote:
The delivery person actually parks his car, enters the store and puts together your order.

In the two different states I've lived in this is not true. The Walmart employees put together the orders and the driver is only contracted to deliver. I believe they are through Doordash (may vary by location).
Whenever I have trouble with my delivery and I call Walmart they always tell me that the drivers are employed by a third party and they have can have no contact with them once the groceries leave their store.

Yeah I only seem to have the shopper also be the driver when I pay for expedited shopping.

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Quote:

I live in Monsey and they actually will message me from the app telling me which products they can't find if I want something else. The person messaging me is the same person showing up at my door. I've seen them shop in the store as well.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:05 am
amother Gray wrote:

I never thought of that! I've been getting very bad produce and couldn't figure out what the problem was.

amother
Sunflower  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 2:52 pm
I prefer and use Shipt and mostly order from Target (including some produce), but sometimes from grocery stores on the app too. You need to tip your Spark driver, and a little more if you’re ordering a lot of heavy beverages. They’re gig workers with zero benefits. You don’t need to tip as much as for Instacart or Shipt because they’re just delivering, not shopping your order too (usually but as have others have said, when short-staffed, they’ll shop the orders too). But they’re still spending a lot of time waiting at the store for your order to be ready and hauling things to your door. You don’t tip the Amazon and UPS drivers because they’re not same-day delivery gig workers. They have benefits and a company vehicle. You’re expected to tip for same or next day gig delivery drivers shopping and/or delivering your order.

amother
  Sunflower  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 2:56 pm
amother OP wrote:

For delivery drivers that don’t do your shopping too, $5 is the minimum tip expected, but add a couple bucks if your order includes heavy beverages. For Shipt, $10 or 10% tips are most typical for any order with more than like 4-5 items. Again, adding a bit more for heavy beverages. And yes, you tip on the app or website; cash tips are uncommon these days.

Cheiny  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 2:57 pm
amother Birch wrote:
You can get in-store prices with no minimum and free 1-2 day delivery on most household products. So if you need another container of soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.

I had a bad first experience and therefore cancelled. Ordered all kinds of paper products (paper towels, etc) and most of what I ordered didn’t come… they claimed they didn’t have them in stock so didn’t send… then I went into the store and they were fully stocked there…
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics