Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
High quality duffle
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:24 am
I have ordered a few wheeled duffles for my daughter who will be flying to Israel for seminary from Amazon, but they all seam too flimsy to survive a round trip flight.

Does anyone have links for a duffle that they have used that held up well? Needs to be 62 linear inches (or under) - I assume that means including wheels and handle.
Thanks!

ra_mom  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:45 am
Do you have a way to purchase from Amazing Savings?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:17 am
no, I am OOT without amazing savings

nnmom

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:27 am
We have taken our Walmart duffels on wheels back and forth from Israel several times. It’s held up fine

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:03 pm
what brand do they sell in amazing savings - maybe I can get it somewhere else??

which duffles from walmart?

Thanks

amother
Azalea  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:09 pm
Call the namery in Lakewood. They have the same ones that amazing savings has. Maybe they can ship it to you. I wouldn’t exactly call duffel bags high quality though. They are not going to last a lifetime. Probably just a few years. Usually the handle or wheels break at some point. We purchased a few 3 years ago. Some are fine and some aren’t.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:12 pm
Thanks for the idea of calling that store. Maybe I will.
I might prefer to order or buy at a store that has easy returns like amazon or walmart.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 1:21 pm
nnmom wrote:
We have taken our Walmart duffels on wheels back and forth from Israel several times. It’s held up fine

Could you please post a link to the Walmart duffels you have? I was looking for this for my daughter to take on her flight to camp, and the ones I ordered weren't what I expected. Or at least the brand? TIA! Smile

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:30 am
links?

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:
what brand do they sell in amazing savings - maybe I can get it somewhere else??

which duffles from walmart?

Thanks

Amazing Savings sells the JetRider 36" rolling duffel.
It's not available online 😔

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
Amazing Savings sells the JetRider 36" rolling duffel.
It's not available online 😔

thank you so much for the reply. I dont have access to amazing savings. does anyone have links for something similar that will last her on the round trip?

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:15 am
My daughter flew to EY with a Rockland 36" rolling duffel and it held up fine, but she hasn't returned yet.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:30 am
Maybe closeout connections? It's not on their website but they do have a website so maybe they have options to ship other things?

amother
Mayflower  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:15 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My daughter flew to EY with a Rockland 36" rolling duffel and it held up fine, but she hasn't returned yet.

Rockland is very good quality.

amother
  Mayflower

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:16 am
https://www.amazon.com/Rocklan.....ss_tl

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:36 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Rockland is very good quality.

So so...
I've had several over the years for domestic use and they do rip and get holes after a few years so we've thrown out a few.
Not sure if international travel is worse or not (customs handlers in addition to just being put on luggage belts)

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:11 pm
I looked up the rockland duffle - thanks for the suggestion. The measurments are 36x15x14 without the wheels, the wheels add an inch or inch and a half. did you have problems with it being over the 62 inches?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I looked up the rockland duffle - thanks for the suggestion. The measurments are 36x15x14 without the wheels, the wheels add an inch or inch and a half. did you have problems with it being over the 62 inches?

Never had a problem. We were very nervous when my daughter was flying El Al but I think it looks similar sized to other ones that meet official criteria and it was only a tad bit over. We cinched it shut and hoped for the best and they didn't bother measuring. I wouldn't do 40" though.
We've used it on numerous domestic airlines as well without an issue BH.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:22 am
Any other suggestions? I really dont want to go over the measurements and potentially cause her problems.
Thank you all so much for your help and insights

amother
Melon  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:21 am
I got the Olympia 33 inch duffel from Amazon, they sell it in namery. On their website you can see it under airline luggage.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics