Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Help me enjoy summer!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:38 pm
I work in the school system and I’m off BH in the summer. I really want to relax in these few weeks before the older kids are off at the end of July, and then they’re home with me for mommy camp .
I have a baby BH . I find that because I’m not planning well I spend all day either cleaning up or holding baby. I need to get out or do something!! I want to maximize on these next two weeks because then it’s full speed ahead with everyone home etc

What are you doing to enjoy your summer? I don’t have many friends and everyone seems busy. DH is busy. I can’t go out to eat really cuz I’m on a strict diet.

Plz share what you’re doing if you’re off , thx

ETA - I’d live to take a course or learn something but I can’t really with baby and it’s only two more wks

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:41 pm
Are you near a beach/ boardwalk? Go for a morning walk with baby.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:43 pm
In similar boat. For me key is to get out in the early morning. Get my baby ready for the day pack up snacks etc (I have a 1 year old) ive taken him for walks, to the park to the pool to the pet store, walk around the mall. For coffee. having a chilled summer but I love getting out and outside is so therapeutic for me. This week when the weather cools off a bit want to do more serious walking, finding places that are easy to bring a stroller l.
Then I come home and leisurely get the house in order before everyone comes home. Try to do as much as possible during the early afternoon so that when my husband comes home we can chill together or do something. Dinners are super simple because I dont want to be busy with that

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:20 pm
How are you all getting out ? It’s literally read feel over 100 degrees?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:21 pm
Its usually the least hot in the morning. Its the best time to get out.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:23 pm
By the time the older are out and I get back from carpool it’s almost 10, then feed baby it’s 10:30 - def hot by then

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:59 pm
Very hard to be out past 10.00am. Humidity is quite high . You need to find a large mall to walk around in. Or blast the music in your home, put baby to sleep, cook up a storm, bake, not because you need to, because you want to. Freeze the food and you'll have when you need . Put baby by a babysitter and go to a spa. Do something for yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics