Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Health issue with financial disaster attached

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:37 pm
I know someone that is really sick with c for the second time
the sickness is squeezing out every last penny from the family and friends...
does anyone have a suggestion how to raise $ for the costs insurance and organizations cannot cover?
looking for a real time suggestion, tried and true without money falling to the side

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:44 pm
Go fund me?

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:52 pm
What type of course do you need to cover? Maybe there are organizations that specialize in specific needs or people know ways to get insurance to cover it....

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:57 pm
im not even sure.... I just know they need all the $$ they can get

Chavas

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 11:24 pm
RCCS?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:24 am
RCCS helps with medical copay for a small amount, like 3k. They also don't pay bills as they come, they wait until bills are in collections and after many, many calls - finally settle them. As a C patient myself, I can tell you the hardest part (aside from trying not to die) is trying to deal with day to day life and keeping afloat. Being sent meals is a big help, emotionally and financially. If they have a mortgage, let it go into foreclosure. Get an attorney to help them stay pro Bono and drag out the court process. This can buy them years (I know, I've done it but it's also location specific). NYC court systems are so backlogged that it works in the boroughs. Tuition needs to be cut to zero. Their rav should talk to the kids schools. I've been told to come up with the money for school and had no way of doing so. Eventually, the school got the idea when parents from my kids class started calling and heard I was dying. Clearly, I was not trying to evade my tuition responsibilities. Tomchei shabbos. Help them get signed up ASAP. Get a medical advocate at their cancer center to help them with C copays and free rides to and from. ACS can help with this too, along with lodging if in NYC for treatments. Start a gofundme or talk to different rabbeim ti discretely ask for community help. Rally the troops. It takes so much to fight to survive and any of the above would be very helpful (to me, at least). Hatzlocha!

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:57 am
Crying Crying Crying
refuah shleima!!
and thanks for typing all that up, your resources will come to good use
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics