Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
15 YO DS for August

Cmon be nice  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:20 pm
Hi, DS, 15, isnt scheduled to do anything second half. He doesnt want to go to camp, and can't find a job (He's very shy). Does anybody know of any informal preograms, like where boys learn together for a bit under supervision (or something like that)?

Cmon be nice  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:19 am
Bump. any ideas?

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:23 am
My son works as maintenance/pumper in a daycamp. They set up the sports activities etc and take care of supplies. He doesn't need to be so busy with the bunks. It works much better for his personality. The camp has a learning program in the morning for the boys who are working.
Idk if something like that would work for your son

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:44 am
following also have a 16 year old

GLUE

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:49 am
Every year at the end of the summer I see an ad\article about an informal learning program that happened in the summer.
Every year I say this year I am going to save the number for next year and every year I don't have the number.

If anyone knows what I am talking about please post with number.

I am not talking about the end of summer learning program that they have for Jr. High boys. I am talking about a program for Mesivta boys.

Cmon be nice  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:09 pm
GLUE wrote:
Every year at the end of the summer I see an ad\article about an informal learning program that happened in the summer.
Every year I say this year I am going to save the number for next year and every year I don't have the number.

I am not talking about the end of summer learning program that they have for Jr. High boys. I am talking about a program for Mesivta boys.

Do you remeber where you see this ad?

Cmon be nice  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
My son works as maintenance/pumper in a daycamp. They set up the sports activities etc and take care of supplies. He doesn't need to be so busy with the bunks. It works much better for his personality. The camp has a learning program in the morning for the boys who are working.
Idk if something like that would work for your son

it would be great if he could find something LOL

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:45 pm
What about calling ABA agencies to see if they need someone to shadow an ASD boy in a regular day camp.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 1:23 pm
I have no info, but maybe look in the classified section of the BP weekly, sometimes these small places advertise there.

Cmon be nice  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:25 pm
Bump. As school is ending this week, anybody with any ideas?

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 2:57 pm
GLUE wrote:

Are you referring to kollel chazu? Many should have this learning program for mesivta boys before Pesach and sukkos,

Cmon be nice  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 3:00 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Are you referring to kollel chazu? Many should have this learning program for mesivta boys before Pesach and sukkos,

thanks. I think those are only around bein hazminim, Im looking for something for second half, when most kids his age are in camp

amother
Thistle  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 3:44 pm
There is a learning and supper program in the pine river shul for serious bochurim. A 10th grade rebbe from a Mesivta runs the camp. Reasonable price. Forgot his name. He lives in or near forest park.

Cmon be nice  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:25 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
There is a learning and supper program in the pine river shul for serious bochurim. A 10th grade rebbe from a Mesivta runs the camp. Reasonable price. Forgot his name. He lives in or near forest park.

Is it just in the evening?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:35 pm
I just saw an ad in one of the papers snd thought of this post but couldn’t find it

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:47 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I just saw an ad in one of the papers snd thought of this post but couldn’t find it

thanks. do you remember which publication, and is it this weeks?

amother
  Thistle

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:56 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Is it just in the evening?

Just evening
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries