Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Monmouth L&D - do you get a private room after birth?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:50 pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone who has delivered at Monmouth hospital recently can tell me their experience and if they got private rooms? Tyy

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:51 pm
everyone gets a private room. no such thing as shared. this has been the case since the 90s

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:56 pm
Just delivered there in April. Yes, of course you get your own room. FYI, they really upped their game and their customer service is amazing. They were literally fawning over me this time around... When I delivered there 18 years ago, things were a lot different

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:14 am
Sebastian wrote:
everyone gets a private room. no such thing as shared. this has been the case since the 90s

Almost everyone...I had to double up once but it almost never happens and they felt so bad. There were 60 babies born that day. This was before the second Mother/Baby floor was finished. They gave me a gift card to a baby store and a fruit basket as an "apology".

amother
Maize  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:16 am
So happy to hear they still are amazing. Gave birth back 10 years ago and then they were out of this world amazing. Couldn't do enough for me. The management there does something right.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:18 am
Sebastian wrote:

The 90s??? My daughter was born in 2008 and I had to share a room in Monmouth!!!!

amother
  Maize

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:20 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
The 90s??? My daughter was born in 2008 and I had to share a room in Monmouth!!!!

That must have been a fluke - I gave birth 07, 09 etc. never ever shared a room.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:10 am
I had babies there in 1998 and 2000. 98 it was still shared rooms. In 2000 they were either in middle of renovations or just finished, and I got a beautiful private room. By all my babies after 2000 I got a private room.

amother
Winterberry  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:16 am
They were only nice to me to bring me things but they didn't want to help me get to the bathroom or to pickup the baby for me and I was really weak I lost a lot of blood. They might have been overwhelmed but I was so scared to fall chv
And they didn't want to change my babys diaper

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:18 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
They were only nice to me to bring me things but they didn't want to help me get to the bathroom or to pickup the baby for me and I was really weak I lost a lot of blood. They might have been overwhelmed but I was so scared to fall chv
And they didn't want to change my babys diaper

When was this?

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:19 am
I just delivered there a few days ago. They do EVERYTHING for you without question. I constantly called the nurses to take/ bring baby as I wished. Didn’t change a diaper while I was there etc…

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:25 am
I gave birth in the height of flu season at the end of 2022. Got a private room but they were very short staffed, the nursery was closed half the time. All the my other times there I had very good care.

amother
  Winterberry

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:27 am
amother Khaki wrote:
When was this?

A year ago

I asked the nurse when she came in can you change her diaper and she said I will now but really you should. When they had her for the night they did everything but I mean for during the day. BH my husband was there most of the time to help me.

When I needed the bathroom I pressed the button for a nurse and they said someone's coming. I waited and waited but I couldnt hold it in very long so I just went on my own holding onto any surface for dear life. Around 15 min later someone did come. Right outside my door there was the nurses station and I heard a lot of nurses shmoozing. I didn't need a special nurse I just needed someone to hold my hand...

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:49 pm
Delivered there a month ago. Had own private room and outstanding nurses all day and night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries