And how old were your kids?
Where did you go?
What did you do?
What made it fun?
Would you do it again?

Lancaster
Ages 7-1.5
Crayola, Cherry crest farm, cherry hill peach picking, Keiders milk tour, local
Parks. Stayed in Hilton double tree which had minyanim and kosher pool hours. Fun water playground. Got all this info from research on here btw.
Cherry crest farm was the highlight- so much to do and fun for all ages.
I would definitely do it again

amother
Jetblack  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:18 pm
So this isn't a trip I did as a family, but I always thought it would make a great one. Years ago a friend and I were driving down to Florida and stayed a couple of nights in Myrtle beach. There was some science-y rides place with an entrance that looks like an upside house that was so fun, and would make a fantastic family day trip. There was also barefoot landing, this outlet place that had baby ligers. Firework shows every evening when we were passing through, and lots of mini golf.

I've done lots of fun trips as an adult, but this one always stood out to as something so family friendly, and wholesome fun. Also cheap outlet shops there.

amother
  Purple  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
So this isn't a trip I did as a family, but I always thought it would make a great one. Years ago a friend and I were driving down to Florida and stayed a couple of nights in Myrtle beach. There was some science-y rides place with an entrance that looks like an upside house that was so fun, and would make a fantastic family day trip. There was also barefoot landing, this outlet place that had baby ligers. Firework shows every evening when we were passing through, and lots of mini golf.

I've done lots of fun trips as an adult, but this one always stood out to as something so family friendly, and wholesome fun. Also cheap outlet shops there.

Would you know about the current kosher scene I.e food and minyanim ?

amother
  Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:26 am
amother Purple wrote:
Would you know about the current kosher scene I.e food and minyanim ?

Sorry, nothing. Sad If you start a new thread about Myrtle beach, maybe people will know.

Eta, just googled the upside down house at the whole place is called wonder works myrtle beach.

Eta again: just searched the Great Kosher Restaurants foodies group on Facebook, and found a post asking about food there from 3 years ago. This is from one comment, BUT: I have no clue who the person is who posted it, and also it might be outdated. So I'm not saying this is anything reliable, but sharing in case this is a jumping off point for you to look:

Pita Planet on business 17. Lovely owner. The Food Lion supermarket on 38th street has various kosher items. Empire chicken. Meat mart chop meat...depends on what is in stock. If you google kosher food in Myrtle beach you will see JERUSALEM restaurant. It is NO LONGER kosher. You can call the Chabad to ask them. Also a Sephardic shul. Ask.

Mayflower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:43 am
amother Pear wrote:
Iceland. Amazing country and we had such a blast. We spent a week and went glacier hiking, to black sand beaxh, puffin chasing, waterfall watching, ride Icelandic horses, went lava cave exploring and dog sledding. We also took a 3 hour helicopter tour over a big chunk of the country. Kids had a blast and then we spent shabbos relaxing at our stunning airbnb overlooking an enormous valley. Most beautiful sunsets ever.

This sounds amazing! Did you bring all your food or are there kosher food options in Iceland?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:46 am
For me most importantly is food options.
I love Israel for the reason obviously.
Then is ease of getting around especially with kids. And of course, a nice place to stay.

My top-
Marbella, Spain
With a 5 and 1.5 year old and another family.
Kosher food, cheap Airbnb, close flight from London , magnificent beach and mountains, loads to see, - we went to Gibraltar for a day.

But then I’m lucky to summer in London by family so our options are endless. We’ve done Switzerland, Paris a few times (not fun with kids TBH) Scottish highlands- a must see. Next on my dream itinerary is Rhodes, Greece and the French Riviera.

Another really nice trip was Las Vegas. We stayed out of the strip on a beautiful resort that had a cute little water park for the kids.

When we were newlyweds we went to Arizona- phoenix, Sedona and Grand Canyon. The kosher food in the phoenix-Scottsdale area and it’s beautiful. Plus we stopped off in Chicago to get another state in.

A closer option to the tri state area is Vermont. We stayed there almost 2 weeks. It’s beautiful, fresh mountain air, loads of activities. We stayed in sort of a program with food so that made it enjoyable. Lakew George is on the way and mother great option as is Jiminy peak.

amother
  Pear

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:46 am
Mayflower wrote:
This sounds amazing! Did you bring all your food or are there kosher food options in Iceland?

Yes. I'm a packer for stuff like this. We did France, Switzerland and Italy with no real food from home and it was so annoying to need to get meals and keep pausing the moment to go deal with food. I much prefer bringing a cooler of frozen meals and adding fresh sides. Works well for a week or two. Kosher food in Iceland is hard to get. I tried to order from chabad and they didn't make it. Idk what happened. I don't rely on anyone for food if I can help it.

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:53 am
Niagara Falls. We can’t get enough of this beauty, and we live within driving distance!

amother
  Purple

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:54 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
Sorry, nothing. Sad If you start a new thread about Myrtle beach, maybe people will know.

Eta, just googled the upside down house at the whole place is called wonder works myrtle beach.

Eta again: just searched the Great Kosher Restaurants foodies group on Facebook, and found a post asking about food there from 3 years ago. This is from one comment, BUT: I have no clue who the person is who posted it, and also it might be outdated. So I'm not saying this is anything reliable, but sharing in case this is a jumping off point for you to look:

Pita Planet on business 17. Lovely owner. The Food Lion supermarket on 38th street has various kosher items. Empire chicken. Meat mart chop meat...depends on what is in stock. If you google kosher food in Myrtle beach you will see JERUSALEM restaurant. It is NO LONGER kosher. You can call the Chabad to ask them. Also a Sephardic shul. Ask.

Wow thank you so nice of you
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics