Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
ISO part time job so I can work from home, postpartum

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 4:36 pm
I’m postpartum and wasn’t looking to get back to work so soon but our expenses are far too high. I’m looking for a job where I can work from home. I don’t think I’m up to putting in more than 4 hours. I need to be able to work from home because my baby has medical issues and needs constant care

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 5:28 pm
What kind of work did you do before? What are your skills or qualifications? You need to mention what you can bring to the job that works make you an asset. "I just need any kind of remote part time job because I have expenses" doesn't cut it. I don't mean to make you feel bad, but employers aren't running a charity. You need to learn the skill called "job hunting" which includes the art of presenting yourself and your abilities in a way that will make someone want to hire you because they think you will be an asset to their business and make their job easier.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
What kind of work did you do before? What are your skills or qualifications? You need to mention what you can bring to the job that works make you an asset. "I just need any kind of remote part time job because I have expenses" doesn't cut it. I don't mean to make you feel bad, but employers aren't running a charity. You need to learn the skill called "job hunting" which includes the art of presenting yourself and your abilities in a way that will make someone want to hire you because they think you will be an asset to their business and make their job easier.

Good point. It’s been a while since I’ve done this.

I worked as a secretary for a school, had full experience with pretty much any of the Microsoft programs. I haven’t used it in years, full disclosure, so I hope I’ll pick it up again as soon as I use it again.
I edited photos for a company using a program that is currently defunct.
I worked as a salesperson for a local clothing store and had been offered the managerial position which I was unable to take due to my baby’s hospitalization.
In between my time as a sales person and being offered the managers position, I worked for a social media influencer as her personal assistant. I helped her with planning, scripting, filming and editing reels as well as any day to day things that needed done.

amother
Cantaloupe  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:24 pm
Hugs from a former NICU mom. Is there any way you can get Tomchei Shabbos, reach out to a community Rav, anything at all to help you get a longer, very much needed leave?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:33 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Hugs from a former NICU mom. Is there any way you can get Tomchei Shabbos, reach out to a community Rav, anything at all to help you get a longer, very much needed leave?

I don’t really have a rav id be comfortable going to and I don’t think we really qualify for tomchei shabbos. Not that I know what the qualifications are, anyway. I don’t mind working although it’s definitely not ideal timing.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:35 pm
https://macherusa.com/all?loca.....emote

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:44 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
https://macherusa.com/all?location=&freeText=Remote

Thank you!

amother
Salmon  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:45 pm
I'm looking too! Post partum 3 mo and my boss had to let me go due to unforeseen circumstances. I was a babysitter, and I worked as a girl at places like hasc, ohel, etc. Other than that I have no experience.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:50 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I'm looking too! Post partum 3 mo and my boss had to let me go due to unforeseen circumstances. I was a babysitter, and I worked as a girl at places like hasc, ohel, etc. Other than that I have no experience.

Would you take in another baby or two to babysit in your house?

amother
  Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:40 am
amother Geranium wrote:
Would you take in another baby or two to babysit in your house?

I would love to, it's just not practical. There's no space for strollers and we are on the top floor. It really is a bummer because I genuinely love babies and kids

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:04 am
amother Salmon wrote:
I would love to, it's just not practical. There's no space for strollers and we are on the top floor. It really is a bummer because I genuinely love babies and kids

If that's the only reason why not, what about doing it in someone else's house? I know you lose a lot of the convenience but there are people out there who would pay you to come watch their baby in their home. Like the type who don't want to send to a group so that their baby will get more individualized attention. Or alternatively someone who would be fine to send to a group and would be ok with you doing the group in her home if she gets a big discount.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 7:08 am
From personal experience, unless you have a nanny, wfh with a baby, especially one with medical issues, is a very very bad idea.

If I didn't have ppd before, I most definitely have it now. I'm isolated all day with no reason to go out and without the benefit of coworkers to socialize with, constantly juggling taking care of my baby and getting my work done, and feeling guilty about it every single second.

Please, please don't do it.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 7:44 am
Can you work in a daycare and bring your baby with you?

amother
  Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 7:58 am
I'm sure OP already knows this, but no, a baby with medical issues should not be around other babies, who can have germs.

teachkids

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:54 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I'm sure OP already knows this, but no, a baby with medical issues should not be around other babies, who can have germs.

The babysitting was to the other mother
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers