Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have you ever felt that Hashem really loves you?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chayalle  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:30 pm
I have very much felt Hashem's love for me this past year, having been zoche to find shidduchim for my two daughters, and even though it hasn't been financially easy, I feel like Hashem is helping us and things have a way of working out BH. I'm very very grateful.

amother
Firethorn  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:40 pm
I see Hashem every single day, every month, every year. I have had A LOT of hardships. When I take a step back I see how Hashem has orchestrated my life. Both the good and the bad. Bad things have led me to being set up with my husband, my current life path and job. It is all from Hashem.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 2:08 pm
I would call it feeling Hashem is right here. Even though He is always right here, when something out of the ordinary happens then I can so much feel His presence.

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have very much felt Hashem's love for me this past year, having been zoche to find shidduchim for my two daughters, and even though it hasn't been financially easy, I feel like Hashem is helping us and things have a way of working out BH. I'm very very grateful.

Again, you are making a connection between good things happening and hashem's love. I actually think that makes sense. You daughters found shidduchim- hashem must love you.

But what would you tell the 50 year old woman who had chances to get married long ago and for one reason or another here she is alone and single. Does hashem love her? How should she know?

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:43 pm
What about the leader of Hamas Yahya Sinwar? Every day for the last 6 months Israel is trying to kill him. Yet he's always managed to stay one step ahead and stay alive. If he said this shows gd loves him what would be the proper response?

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:08 pm
If all the sea was ink...

And all sky was paper....

It still would not be enough to thank H'...

For all... (I can't remember the rest)

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:31 am
The way I understand it is it's not possible to fathom Hashem's plans. And no one in this generation is zoche to direct reward/punishment but we can take it to what helps us get through the day.
So for me that means thanking Hashem verbally for finding the credit card that I thought I had lost, for my beautiful grandchildren , for my strong marriage.
I struggle with single children in their 30's, with a child off the derech and the singles on their way there.
So focusing on the good in my life helps me deal with the bad.
Hashem loves me - but to my thinking it's chutzpah to think that Hashem shows his love by giving me good or to think that Hashem shows his displeasure by giving me these problems

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 5:37 am
I'm not sure why this is under finances. Do you only feel Hashem's love when He takes care of you financially and vice versa?
I'll be very honest, I'm very unsure if Hashem loves me. He gave me quite a few hardships in my life and I'm low grade depressed long term from it.
I also have many many brachos in my life. I should work on focusing on the positive and thanking Hashem. Maybe then I will feel Hashem's love more.
Right now I feel that He allows too much heartbreak to happen to too many good people so it's hard to feel He really loves us.
I guess it's a matter of emuna. You need to believe He loves us and internalize it. I'd love to hear from people who have it hard that they feel Hashem loves them. The ones who don't suddenly earn $60 when they need it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:28 am
Love is a feeling. Hamas people possibly THINK hashem loves them however when I am blissed out with the feeling of love I can't hurt a fly, let alone kill something. That is my indication that they are not FEELING loved.

Beliefs definitely impact feelings, so if I feel loved because I believe that someone loves me I still feel loved. Even if the belief was incorrect.

Feeling love for me is worth it even If I am wrong.

amother
  Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:43 am
amother Beige wrote:
What about the leader of Hamas Yahya Sinwar? Every day for the last 6 months Israel is trying to kill him. Yet he's always managed to stay one step ahead and stay alive. If he said this shows gd loves him what would be the proper response?

The response is all the pesukim about how Hashem will take revenge on the enemies of Yisrael, Hashem cries with Yisrael because of their pain. Just because you feel something doesn’t mean it’s true. I feel that Hashem loves me when he does something good for me but I also know it’s true because He said so. Yahya Sinwar may feel that G-d loves him, but it’s not true because He said the opposite.

Shuly

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:16 am
Only Jews have hashgacha pratis. This means that when something happens to a Jew, Hashem specifically wanted it to happen to him. So something good for a Jew is a direct "hug" from Hashem. Something bad is a direct message from Hashem.

Non-Jews don't have that direct connection. They can be in the wrong place at the wrong time and something bad will happen to them or in the right place at the right time and something good will happen to them but it's not always specifically meant for them. Rather, Hashem decided to do this act and they ended up being there. If something good happens to them it can be that they got lucky but doesn't mean that they are a good person and were rewarded or a bad person and were punished or any specific message. They do get punished for harming Jews because they have free choice, although we may not see it in our lifetime.

Sinwar is still alive because Hashem doesn't want him caught yet because of the Jews. For whatever reason, we either don't deserve it yet or it will be better in the long run or we may not understand until after 120, but Hashem did not want him caught until now because of us. Hashem is not protecting Sinwar because he deserves it. Even if it takes time, we know that Sinwar will get his just punishment and burn in hell for what he did.

Chayalle  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:21 am
amother Beige wrote:
Again, you are making a connection between good things happening and hashem's love. I actually think that makes sense. You daughters found shidduchim- hashem must love you.

But what would you tell the 50 year old woman who had chances to get married long ago and for one reason or another here she is alone and single. Does hashem love her? How should she know?

I have a high school friend who got married last year. For the first time. I do think Hashem loves her. No doubt. Everyone has good things in their lives in different ways. Though she didn't have a husband at her side all these years, she had other good things - like supportive parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, who brought her joy.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:25 am
amother Beige wrote:

He probably lives a pretty difficult existence, living as he does in the tunnels with his life hanging in the balance for 6 months. When Hashem takes vengeance on him - and boy Hashem will take that vengeance - it won't be following a life on a beach surrounded by palm trees.

Reminds me of Saddam Hussein's end. Good for him. I hope Sinwar gets his just desserts after living a horrible life with no showers, stale air, etc....

Kel Nekamos Hashem. That nekama WILL come, but I think it's already happening.

amother
  Beige  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:02 am
Chayalle wrote:
He probably lives a pretty difficult existence, living as he does in the tunnels with his life hanging in the balance for 6 months. When Hashem takes vengeance on him - and boy Hashem will take that vengeance - it won't be following a life on a beach surrounded by palm trees.

Reminds me of Saddam Hussein's end. Good for him. I hope Sinwar gets his just desserts after living a horrible life with no showers, stale air, etc....

Kel Nekamos Hashem. That nekama WILL come, but I think it's already happening.

It seems you're equating good with love and bad with punishment. The problem with that is that many terrible people receive good and many good people receive hardship.

So I don't see how we can reasonably say that when hashem does anything -seemingly good or bad- that it's a message. Yes, Sinwar is surviving in terrible conditions. Is it a punishment from hashem? Then shouldn't we say the same about jews living in terrible conditions?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:24 am
I love my kids. They know I love them even when I’m punishing them, but they don’t enjoy it.

But when I call them into the kitchen and give them ice cream just because or climb into their bed for extra cuddles, it’s an extra special reminder I love them.

Hashem loves us even when we’re being punished, but those extra hugs help us remember that.

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:35 am
Yes!
I almost died this year and there were so many little inconveniences that occurred leading up to that, that in retrospect, I now see completely aided in saving my life. I was in the right place at the right time for my life to be most miraculously spared

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:04 am
I'm going through a stressful time. I'm not able to take birth control for certain reasons. Hashem knows my strengths so he made that I ovulate a few days before mikvah. I know that once this settles and all returns to normal then my ovulation will also. I live with hashem at my side. We speak all day every day. I really believe that he is right by my side listening and doing what's best for me.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:27 am
Does Hashem not love me?

While I sit here with my heart literally broken in 2, feeling physical, mental, and emotional pain, because he hasn't send my daughter in her 20s a shidduch, what am I supposed to think???

I've done it all. And still. So am I not loved?

amother
  Beige  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:15 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I love my kids. They know I love them even when I’m punishing them, but they don’t enjoy it.

But when I call them into the kitchen and give them ice cream just because or climb into their bed for extra cuddles, it’s an extra special reminder I love them.

Hashem loves us even when we’re being punished, but those extra hugs help us remember that.

The obvious difference is that when your kids have the ability to think (even at a very young age) they will realize that their mother had very special and unique acts of love that were exclusive to them.

You spent time with them, held them when they cried and comforted them, took care of their needs, rejoiced in their success...the list is endless.

If I'm not mistaken this isn't so with hashem. For may of us jews, if we compared acts of love that hashem gives and shows us with acts of love hashem shows some random gentile non believing family in Montana, we would often find that it seems that based on this metric hashem seems to love them more.

amother
  Beige  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Yes!
I almost died this year and there were so many little inconveniences that occurred leading up to that, that in retrospect, I now see completely aided in saving my life. I was in the right place at the right time for my life to be most miraculously spared

Glad you are doing better. But your example is the ultimate case of equating good with love. So where does that leave us with all the terrible people that hashem saves? Does he love them? Where does that leave us with all the Jews he didn't save? Does he not love them?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics