Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Buying a house in Westgate
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:48 pm
How can I search online such as zillow and trulia for houses in Westgate? Don't want to go through any direct broker just want to shop around online

amother
Jade  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:52 pm
Go on the sites, type in Lakewood nj and then zoom in to the streets in westgate and look around. I don’t think most frum owners list there though.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:54 pm
What are the streets in Westgate? I'm not from nj

Sewsew_mom  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:57 pm
Curious OP as to why you're choosing to purchase a house in Westgate?
You planning to live in it?
Investment?

I don't know how people sell but you may need to drive through there, or ask around there. Or the obvious way is via a broker which you don't want.

Lakewood has a book called massa umatan, and the BP I think also has sale ads.

amother
NeonGreen  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:57 pm
I don’t think there are any houses in Westgate currently on Zillow

amother
  Jade

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:59 pm
Hillside, sanztown, kingsfield, north crest place… and anything in between those streets. The development between new Egypt and new central.

fatso gal

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 4:00 pm
I think these are all of the streets that have houses and not apartments: Northcrest place, sanz town road, kingsfeild drive, kletz hill road, radon village drive, Elmwood avenue, brisk lane.

Note some streets have single homes, there are some duplexes but most are townhomes. The newer townhomes are a little bigger then the older ones. There are townhomes that have a garage and a private backyard and there are some with no garage and there is an alley in the back of the house.

amother
Coral  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 4:11 pm
Why Westgate?

If you dont want a broker maybe will work to spread the word that you are looking to buy

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:30 pm
I saw on ad in the voice this week for an off market house for sale in westgate.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Why Westgate?

If you dont want a broker maybe will work to spread the word that you are looking to buy

My parents suggested Westgate for me. They spent a shabbos there with someone they know and the family there told my parents that Westgate is a small community that has all the shopping etc you need right there in one plaza. Very convenient for a non driver

Sewsew_mom  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
My parents suggested Westgate for me. They spent a shabbos there with someone they know and the family there told my parents that Westgate is a small community that has all the shopping etc you need right there in one plaza. Very convenient for a non driver

I hear.
I would do alot of research before buying a house there.
Yes there are convinces. It comes at a price.
Not to say people aren't happy there.
But make an informed decision before just buying
Should be with mazel!

keym

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 7:00 pm
Just so you should know that there are no schools in Westgate.
There are one or two elementary schools somewhat walkable but no guarantees that you would be accepted.

Also there's an urgent care but no regular Dr or pediatrician, no dentist or OB nearby.

amother
  NeonGreen

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 7:02 pm
keym wrote:
There are one or two elementary schools somewhat walkable but no guarantees that you would be accepted.

Also there's an urgent care but no regular Dr or pediatrician, no dentist or OB nearby.

Isn’t there a dentist in Westgate? Digitally enhanced Dentistry

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 9:50 pm
amother OP wrote:

There is a problem with Jewish juvenile delinquents.
https://lakewoodalerts.com/man.....ideo/

https://nj1015.com/teens-terro.....ossi/

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:12 pm
keym wrote:

My care is a full peds office now!
Dr lapidus

amother
Moccasin

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:14 pm
We love Westgate! There are so many wonderful families, Mycare is great to have nearby, the materialistic pressure is non-existent.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you don't drive for personal preference I can understand.
If you don't drive because you are chassidish, well you will be the first chassid to live there, I suppose.
Oak and Vine also has a shopping center.

amother
  Coral

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

As any place, suggest you spend timr there yourself before buying there.

Also, why not use a broker? The seller pays not the broker and you'll get a sense of the different areas.

Also, if you live near the New Central entrance youre quite far from the shopping.

amother
Caramel  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 12:03 am
I would live in westgate. There are so many nice families there. I think I would really like it.
But I already live in a house on the other side of the neighborhood so it’s not happening….

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 12:18 am
amother Teal wrote:
If you don't drive for personal preference I can understand.
If you don't drive because you are chassidish, well you will be the first chassid to live there, I suppose.
Oak and Vine also has a shopping center.

There are quite a few chassidim living there there is a shul for them in a basement and some places outside the development.

I think you should look at the place before you buy, maybe even rent there first for a while.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries