Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Frum stores - return policies

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:44 am
Not trying to bash any frum clothing stores as they really do fill a need and I’m aware that running a business is no easy task…

I’m genuinely curious though: why do these stores (specifically women’s clothing stores) have such harsh return policies? With such short windows? Is it that people will take advantage? Just trying to understand what caused things to be so strict.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:50 am
There are tens of threads about this

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:54 am
Short answer is because they can’t afford to have a significant amount of their inventory not available for purchase.

It isn’t just frum stores that have restricted returns as many small boutiques also have very restrictive return policies and some will only give a credit for a return.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:08 pm
This is very sore topic for me. A few years ago I bought something just about when the store was closing. It brought back literally the minute the opened up the next day. They refused to take it back. Not a sale item. Exchange for different size only. Doesn't help me. Style looked terrible. This was in a very popular Jewish store. There is absolutely no excuse for not taking it back. I had the receipt there was proof I was saying the truth (exp I bought it yesterday when in fact I bought it last week) . I'm still not moichal this lady. This was over $200. No excuse! Period.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:10 pm
tweety1 wrote:
This is very sore topic for me. A few years ago I bought something just about when the store was closing. It brought back literally the minute the opened up the next day. They refused to take it back. Not a sale item. Exchange for different size only. Doesn't help me. Style looked terrible. This was in a very popular Jewish store. There is absolutely no excuse for not taking it back. I had the receipt there was proof I was saying the truth (exp I bought it yesterday when in fact I bought it last week) . I'm still not moichal this lady. This was over $200. No excuse! Period.

I agree these return policies are horrendous, and this is why I don’t shop at frum clothing stores. But not moichal?? You knew the return policy, you chose to buy it anyways, you have no one to blame but yourself..

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:27 pm
In frum popular stores things sell out very quickly , a week later the product could be out of the store there is no use for ur item anymore. Also we are talking about small businesses not Nordstrom that has hundreds of stores etc.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:51 pm
Got burned a couple of times in my teens and learned my lesson. They were not frum stores as it happens. I don't shop in stores that won't give refunds. If my wardrobe is somewhat limited because of this, so be it.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:59 pm
There are some stores who do have generous return/exchange policies.
Recently I bought something on sale. Their policy is sale items aren't returnable. But you have up to 2 weeks for an exchange.
I've bought/exchanged there often.
One time I bought stuff for over $600 I needed to exchange styles/sizes on almost everything. One of my kids were going thru an awkward stage and the things she liked she looked terrible in. And I was done shopping for the season. Didn't need anything else.
I stayed with $40 credit. They were so generous and let me keep a credit for the store. They usually don't allow.
I do shop there every single season for my kids so I guess a good customer gets good service.
I do not buy in stores that give less than 3 days time to return.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 5:42 pm
I think fair policy is 2 days money back

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:00 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
I think fair policy is 2 days money back

None of them do that…except Double Header, and that’s not really a clothing store. It’s only credit in most places.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:01 pm
Fame and gallery both do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics