Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have you ever felt that Hashem really loves you?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:07 am
After pesach I didnt have a place for my kids to go this summer or morahs for next year. I was really nervous because everyone was full And well BH BH I found a really great place for them that they are really enjoying + places for them next year + the commuting with drop off and pickup and work is just really working out!! And BH DH got a raise that will cover the extra summer expenses!

Thank u Hashem!!!!!

I dont have a house and I live in a small apartment with several kids. Im not eligible for a mortgage at the moment. But I trust that Hashem will just make it work!!!

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:10 am
YES!!!

It's not something I can predict in advance, and I still have plenty of challenges. But sometimes something completely unexpected (in a good way) happens, and I think, wow, Hashem loves you!

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:52 am
My diamond ring was missing for a few days. I went outside to look for it in the car, and I found it sitting in the street! It was there for a few days! Hashem watched it for me till I found it.

yachnabobba

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:13 am
I call those little love taps Hashem sends. And it’s a wonderful feeling

amother
Dandelion  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:32 am
Yes, definitely. Definitely.More than once.
Yesterday, we recieved news that means sth very important for usis at risk of collapsing. I cried the whole evening because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but sit and wait how things turn out. In the morning I told Hashem - ok Hashem now it' s yours. You know how important it is for me,I cannot do anything, pls help me. You cannot imaging the sence of tranquility and even joy I have been feeling since then. Nothing has changed about the circumstances. I didn' t decide consciusly I'll stop worrying. It just was like that.I felt Hashem' s love.

I am often depressed and in a low mood and in these moments I feel guilty because Hashem has shown me His love so many times sso being depressed is ungrateful. I am working on it

amother
Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:35 am
Hmmm, I don't think we can demonstrate hashem's love by recalling when good things happen. What about when bad things happen? What about when people die? What about when the yeshua never comes?

Anyone can find love taps. The evil people in Gaza right now who have had thousands of their terrorist supporting family members killed and their community in ruins can easily find things to point to and say, see, gd loves me.

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
After pesach I didnt have a place for my kids to go this summer or morahs for next year. I was really nervous because everyone was full And well BH BH I found a really great place for them that they are really enjoying + places for them next year + the commuting with drop off and pickup and work is just really working out!! And BH DH got a raise that will cover the extra summer expenses!

Thank u Hashem!!!!!

I dont have a house and I live in a small apartment with several kids. Im not eligible for a mortgage at the moment. But I trust that Hashem will just make it work!!!

I don't mean to put doubt in your mind. I just don't understand how you can possibly think this. Hashem allows and orchestrates unimaginable tragedy to good people all the time.

How are you confident that he will make things work out for you?

amother
  Dandelion

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:40 am
amother Beige wrote:
I don't mean to put doubt in your mind. I just don't understand how you can possibly think this. Hashem allows and orchestrates unimaginable tragedy to good people all the time.

Despite what I wrote above I often feel the same

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:03 am
amother Beige wrote:

Because he always has. Dh got a tip from a boy he drives daily. Tip was for $60 and I needed to pay my cleaning lady $60 the next day! I didn't know where I would get the money but He just sent it to me!

Idk why He makes bad things happen to good people but I do know He is running the world and I can't question His actions.
It's just these little Pat's on the back that I'm here for You that really keeps me going

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Because he always has. Dh got a tip from a boy he drives daily. Tip was for $60 and I needed to pay my cleaning lady $60 the next day! I didn't know where I would get the money but He just sent it to me!

Idk why He makes bad things happen to good people but I do know He is running the world and I can't question His actions.
It's just these little Pat's on the back that I'm here for You that really keeps me going

I'm not understanding how you associate hashem doing good things as proof he loves you because of two very obvious problems.

1. If making good things happen means he loves you, then making bad things happen would mean he doesn't. So can we say about the person who is suffering that hashem doesn't love them?

2. What about all the good things that happen to the world's worst people? The vile anti semite who was worried about this or that....and hashem made it all work out. Does hashem love that person?

I just want things to make sense.

amother
Sienna  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:14 am
amother Beige wrote:
I'm not understanding how you associate hashem doing good things as proof he loves you because of two very obvious problems.

1. If making good things happen means he loves you, then making bad things happen would mean he doesn't. So can we say about the person who is suffering that hashem doesn't love them?

2. What about all the good things that happen to the world's worst people? The vile anti semite who was worried about this or that....and hashem made it all work out. Does hashem love that person?

I just want things to make sense.

I don’t think the logic holds. If only I’d be able to be on the level where I could feel His love through all the bad things too, but I’m not. But really, all of it’s love. So when I feel love from the extra good things, it’s not sheker. It’s just that I’m able to connect to the feeling of Hashem loves me at that moment, so I grab onto it.

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:16 am
Yes, bad things can and do happen to good people and vice versa. That is the way this world exists that it doesn't make sense. That things are upside down and that it's only in the next world that it all comes together and is right. That doesn't mean Hashem doesn't love us and look out for us.
I find when I let go and say I cant, then I often see His Hand. And I find the more I notice it in the small things, the more it helps for the big things. Like when I'm running really late to carpool and a space opens up just outside school. Or getting the last doctor's appointment available for that day when I thought there was no chance. Or finding the last packet of sugar right at the back of the shelf. Yes, they are small things a lot of the time, but it feels like there's Someone there looking after me.
And yes I struggle with things and my life is no bed of roses, but the same way I accept that He sends me the good, I have to accept He sends me the difficulties as well. And it's quite comforting to say I don't understand why, but I accept that it is from You, Hashem.
The classic parable is the doctor and medical treatment. Taking your child to the doctor where they will be poked or prodded, have some procedure or anything, it hurts the child. But they can't see that it's for their good and they need this initial pain to get better. But we as the parent can see the bigger picture and know that this is in the best interest of the child no matter how much they scream and shout at the time.

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:25 am
amother Sienna wrote:
I don’t think the logic holds. If only I’d be able to be on the level where I could feel His love through all the bad things too, but I’m not. But really, all of it’s love. So when I feel love from the extra good things, it’s not sheker. It’s just that I’m able to connect to the feeling of Hashem loves me at that moment, so I grab onto it.

Is there anyone in the world that is unable to look at things in their life and say gd loves me?

This includes jews, gentiles, Palestinians, Chinese.....anyone?

Today there's a jew hater in gaza who's family has murdered jews, that had something good happen to them and that person is saying gd loves them. Is that person wrong?

amother
  Sienna  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 11:00 am
amother Beige wrote:
Is there anyone in the world that is unable to look at things in their life and say gd loves me?

This includes jews, gentiles, Palestinians, Chinese.....anyone?

Today there's a jew hater in gaza who's family has murdered jews, that had something good happen to them and that person is saying gd loves them. Is that person wrong?

I know Hashem loves me because He told me-Ahava Raba, Ahavas Olam, there are tons of sources for Hashem saying He loves Jews. I am able to connect to that feeling when I see the good in my life, even though in reality it’s always there. I don’t know if Hashem loves gentiles, Palestinians, etc. did He say so? I think there is a pasuk that says He loves all His creations…maybe there’s a caveat that’s when they are doing His will. But it’s not the case with Jews-we are His people and He loves us even when we are not doing His will.

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 11:08 am
amother Sienna wrote:
I know Hashem loves me because He told me-Ahava Raba, Ahavas Olam, there are tons of sources for Hashem saying He loves Jews. I am able to connect to that feeling when I see the good in my life, even though in reality it’s always there. I don’t know if Hashem loves gentiles, Palestinians, etc. did He say so? I think there is a pasuk that says He loves all His creations…maybe there’s a caveat that’s when they are doing His will. But it’s not the case with Jews-we are His people and He loves us even when we are not doing His will.

That's fine.

Question: How do we know hashem loves us?

Answer: He told us he does.

I can hear this a little. But most of the responses above in this thread were saying hashem loves me because.....he gave me $60.....I found my lost jewelry, he makes good things happen for me.

This is an answer I don't understand because virtually anyone that's ever lived can say this.

amother
  Sienna  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 11:22 am
amother Beige wrote:
That's fine.

Question: How do we know hashem loves us?

Answer: He told us he does.

I can hear this a little. But most of the responses above in this thread were saying hashem loves me because.....he gave me $60.....I found my lost jewelry, he makes good things happen for me.

This is an answer I don't understand because virtually anyone that's ever lived can say this.

So I see it more as I know intellectually because He told me, but I feel it when He does something nice for me. Even though theoretically I could feel it all day every day, and through the bad things. But I don’t. Emotionally I usually feel it when He does nice things for me.

That’s why it feels like this huge eye-opening moment when it happens, because finally my intellect and my emotions are matching up!

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 11:39 am
amother Sienna wrote:
So I see it more as I know intellectually because He told me, but I feel it when He does something nice for me. Even though theoretically I could feel it all day every day, and through the bad things. But I don’t. Emotionally I usually feel it when He does nice things for me.

That’s why it feels like this huge eye-opening moment when it happens, because finally my intellect and my emotions are matching up!

I guess I'm interested in more real proof on a daily basis other than it says so. Again, any gentile who had anything good happen to them today can claim that gd is hugging them and say it demonstrates gd loves them.

Would they be wrong?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:16 pm
Yes.
When HaShem took my son away he did it in such a kind way..
He sent me away at the time
He gave us a week to process what was going on
He did it during covid
He showed us miracles and himself.

After my son passed away one of my mantas was HaShem loves us and everything he does is good and I really felt HaShems love.
It's about building a connection with HaShem

Hashem is pouring down brachos because he loves us.... Time to catch them, notice themand let them overflow to the rest of the world

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:17 pm
I don't know that I ever had a distinct impression that he does but I never had any reason to feel that he doesn't.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:11 pm
I’ve seen clear hashgacha parties in parnasa even though we struggled at many points. It reminds me that everything is from hashem even the struggles and I don’t need to worry.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics