Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Weighted blanket for bedwetter

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 3:07 am
My child who sometimes wets the bed loves sleeping with a weighted blanket.
We’ve ruined one already since they can’t really be washed.
Any ideas- tried and true please.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:31 am
I’m wondering if it’s even a good idea for him to sleep with a weighted blanket because it can cause him to sleep more deeply..

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:20 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
I’m wondering if it’s even a good idea for him to sleep with a weighted blanket because it can cause him to sleep more deeply..

As of now he tries to take blankets and layer them t get that affect…

up high

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:27 am
I would put (a few) chucks (blue disposable pads) on him, under the blanket. And of course, also under the sheet.

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:36 am
Luna blankets are washable
https://www.lunablanket.com/pr.....term=(%7B%7D)&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwyo60BhBiEiwAHmVLJaMlWfVzT1ZnXeoAZCd-_qrBZKJ2vSuRPeqnVHXuXQjA1MHckT3jWBoC0Z8QAvD_BwE

Last edited by Coffee beanz on Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tomato  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:39 am
up high wrote:
I would put (a few) chucks (blue disposable pads) on him, under the blanket. And of course, also under the sheet.

I have plastic mattress protectors for my bed wetters.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:42 am
amother Tomato wrote:
I have plastic mattress protectors for my bed wetters.

Yes that’s for under. I guess I’ll look into washable ones. The ones I’ve seen had beads in them.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:43 am
I got some cheap weighted blankets on Amazon. I've washed them a few times. They probably only last through a bunch of washes, but for $30 you buy a new one.

amother
  Tomato

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 9:34 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes that’s for under. I guess I’ll look into washable ones. The ones I’ve seen had beads in them.

I don’t have weighted blankets for my bed wetters, I think it makes them sleep too deeply.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:21 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I don’t have weighted blankets for my bed wetters, I think it makes them sleep too deeply.

Interesting
And that stops them from…? Kids shouldn’t be getting up in middle of the night anyway it’s supposed to be held in until they wake up in the morning no?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Interesting
And that stops them from…? Kids shouldn’t be getting up in middle of the night anyway it’s supposed to be held in until they wake up in the morning no?

I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I’ve never put a camera in their rooms, but I’m not so sure that they are peeing in the morning. The point is that their system isn’t working right, and they’re NOT holding it in. So if they are going to feel that urge in the middle of the night, I feel like a weighted blanket will work against that.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:49 pm
Someone gave me a genius idea.

Put pants on him and then a pull-up over the pants.

So he doesn't have the feel of a pull-up but if he does wet himself it's contained to his pants.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:51 pm
I soak my son’s weighted blanket in the bathtub for a few hours (with bubble bath), and then air hang it to dry. It gets rid of the smell

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 5:57 pm
I make my son wear ninjamas. Can’t deal anymore. He’s 10 and has been dealing with this since age 4. Here’s my big existential question. Is this phenomenon new? Does it have to do with screen time and attention span? My son is not constipated, he’s not anxious, he literally is a great kid with no problems, and he can’t stop peeing in his bed. There are dozens of boys in every sleepaway camp like this - what gives? Are men going to get married and wear adult pull-ups like women wear maxi pads? And if so, then stop making a big deal about it. (I’m having a big deep existential question). I don’t remember this when I was growing up, or even with my big kids a decade ago.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 6:01 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I make my son wear ninjamas. Can’t deal anymore. He’s 10 and has been dealing with this since age 4. Here’s my big existential question. Is this phenomenon new? Does it have to do with screen time and attention span? My son is not constipated, he’s not anxious, he literally is a great kid with no problems, and he can’t stop peeing in his bed. There are dozens of boys in every sleepaway camp like this - what gives? Are men going to get married and wear adult pull-ups like women wear maxi pads? And if so, then stop making a big deal about it. (I’m having a big deep existential question). I don’t remember this when I was growing up, or even with my big kids a decade ago.

Totally not new. It’s actually hereditary sometimes. My sister struggled with it till her teens and she’s almost 40

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:39 pm
Bedwetting is not a new phenomenon. This is one malady you can't pin on computers. It's been around since before computer programs were a gleam in Ada Lovelace's eye. It may even be as old as humankind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics