Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Denver

readreread

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 6:57 pm
We are likely going to move to Denver sometime next year. (Currently in NYC.) I'm bummed, but it is what it is.

What neighborhoods do you recommend for a frum environment? (I'm MO, fwiw.) After reading the Harry thread, "Harry community" sounds right up my alley, but I know you can't always get what you want.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 7:25 pm
There are 3 neighborhoods there - west, east, and southwest. The one in the east has the largest MO community and most shul options. The west is more yeshivish, and the southwest is more of a kiruv community.

readreread

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 8:27 pm
doctorima wrote:
There are 3 neighborhoods there - west, east, and southwest. The one in the east has the largest MO community and most shul options. The west is more yeshivish, and the southwest is more of a kiruv community.

Do you know if there are large frum communities in any of the suburbs? We are moving because my son has autism and we need to be near my parents for help, but we're BT so their neighborhood isn't a great fit. They live in Broomfield. Anything near there?

GLUE

Post Yesterday at 9:48 pm
I don't know how special needs serves for kids work in Colorado.
You should find out before you move

I am writing this because I know someone who is renting in Lakewood she was going to by a house in Jackson until she found out that she will have a problem with her SN child on getting some serves.
My friend brought a house in Cleveland from a Frum person who was moving to anther town in Cleveland because they had a SN child and would get better serves there.
You don't want to move to a suburb only to find out that if you move a few miles away your child would get better serves.

cookier

Post Yesterday at 10:51 pm
readreread wrote:
Do you know if there are large frum communities in any of the suburbs? We are moving because my son has autism and we need to be near my parents for help, but we're BT so their neighborhood isn't a great fit. They live in Broomfield. Anything near there?

No, there aren’t communities outside Denver. Chabad in Thornton would be the closest but there’s no eruv there. West Side would be marginally closer to Broomfield than East side, maybe 10 minutes shorter drive if there’s no traffic. The East side has one shul, the kollel, and both the high schools, Yeshiva Toras Chaim and Bais Yaakov. The restaurants, grocery stores, most of the shuls, and both k-8 schools are on the east side. The drive between the two neighborhoods is anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. For west side real estate you’d be looking at the area around Sloan’s lake park. East side is a little harder to pinpoint, but it’s roughly the Washington/Virginia/Vale, Hilltop, and Montclair neighborhoods. Real Estate in both is incredibly expensive, though the sticker shock coming from NYC may not be the same as it is for a Denver native.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating