Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher getaways in Europe
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 5:38 pm
Any ideas where a family of 5 can spend 10-14 days without going broke? Any destination in Western or Central Europe would do. I hear about budget kosher hotels being opened for the summer but I cannot find any info. Any ideas? Thanks!

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:11 pm
Kosher hotels and budget don't go together, especially not for a family of 5 for 2 weeks. It will be much more economical to find your own place in the area and self-cater, perhaps joining them for Shabbos meals if that's an option.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:16 pm
doctorima wrote:
Kosher hotels and budget don't go together, especially not for a family of 5 for 2 weeks. It will be much more economical to find your own place in the area and self-cater, perhaps joining them for Shabbos meals if that's an option.

Thanks, that might actually work. Do you have any idea where they are doing it this summer?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:45 pm
Most can be found here

https://localnewsadvertiser.co.....ok/48

You can go anywhere in Europe and self cater and if you really want to do something for shabbos book into a chabbad dinner (and dont forget to pay).

No idea where in the world you are coming from but if you're in UK many people drive over to Europe and that already makes it a lot cheaper than flights, especially for that many people.

There's kjokside in Belgium too, might be an option. Its a place many yidden go in the summer.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:51 pm
Also, you haven't really said what you're looking for

Beach holiday
City holiday
Hot weather or a bit cooler
Hiking / adventure
Theme parks/ nature trails
History / museums
Art / wildlife
Etc

Europe is a massive place !

But if you're just looking for stam a kosher hotel anywhere, as someone else mentioned, that is not a budget option.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:59 pm
[quote="amother Ballota"]Most can be found here

https://localnewsadvertiser.co.....ok/48

You can go anywhere in Europe and self cater and if you really want to do something for shabbos book into a chabbad dinner (and dont forget to pay).

No idea where in the world you are coming from but if you're in UK many people drive over to Europe and that already makes it a lot cheaper than flights, especially for that many people.

There's kjokside in Belgium too, might be an option. Its a place many yidden go in the summer.[/quot
Thanks a lot! I" ll definitely check the ads out.
I've heard about kocksijde,too- might be an idea

The part about forgetting to pay was really out of place though:((((

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:05 pm
Rent an apartment. Take freeze dried, nonperishables,vacuum packed food. Trail mix, granola bars, A deep frying pan.
Fruits, vegetables, bread, tuna eggs can be bought in aldis or whatever local supermarket. There’s an app that allows you to take a picture of items and tells you if it’s kosher, kosher lemehadrin, kosher for chalav stam.
Went to Switzerland last year and it was great. They have a mini kosher supermarket with challa and kosher dairy and snacks.

ask jewish mom

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:06 pm
There’s a hotel in Bulgaria.
Super nice and cozy.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:08 pm
My father will be a mashgiach in Vienna. I could ask the prices for you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Rent an apartment. Take freeze dried, nonperishables,vacuum packed food. Trail mix, granola bars, A deep frying pan.
Fruits, vegetables, bread, tuna eggs can be bought in aldis or whatever local supermarket. There’s an app that allows you to take a picture of items and tells you if it’s kosher, kosher lemehadrin, kosher for chalav stam.
Went to Switzerland last year and it was great. They have a mini kosher supermarket with challa and kosher dairy and snacks.

Thanks! That's cwhat I do every year. DH wanted to spare ourselves the shopping and cooking for a change:)Looks like this isnt going to happen, though.
Max I ask where exactly in Switzerland you were?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:10 pm
Not sure what you mean. I've been to some chabad shabbos meals, some people just turn up and don't realise most you're meant to book and pay in advance.

Nothing to do with u personally, how could it I dont know you?!

Anyway was just trying to help. I guess I should get off this site bye good luck whatever.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:12 pm
ask jewish mom wrote:
There’s a hotel in Bulgaria.
Super nice and cozy.

Thanks! Is it in Bansko? I' ve checked with them and it doesnt look like it s within our budget

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:15 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Not sure what you mean. I've been to some chabad shabbos meals, some people just turn up and don't realise most you're meant to book and pay in advance.

Nothing to do with u personally, how could it I dont know you?!

Anyway was just trying to help. I guess I should get off this site bye good luck whatever.

I am sorry. I really felt hurt because I am very particular about these things. But I shouldn't have said it. Please excuse me. And I do appreciate your help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
My father will be a mashgiach in Vienna. I could ask the prices for you

Than you so much!!!

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! That's cwhat I do every year. DH wanted to spare ourselves the shopping and cooking for a change:)Looks like this isnt going to happen, though.
Max I ask where exactly in Switzerland you were?

St Moritz. We went before the crowd. My bil goes to Davos.
We took grab one bars and knorr / osem / tradtion soup packs in our handbags.
Good thing too because the airline lost our luggage with the food. We met the cook of one of the hotels and he offered us a full shabbis package for a great price. So much food that it lasted til midweek.
If you rent rooms in a hotel ( not kosher) you gain transportation and chair lift tickets which are very useful.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Than you so much!!!

Will bump with answer tomorrow. He is in Israel and too late now.

chagru

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:40 pm
Try looking on totally Jewish travel and find one of the hotels in the French alps. They are significantly cheaper then any of the Swiss ones

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Will bump with answer tomorrow. He is in Israel and too late now.

Bumping with an answer. Hatzlocha

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 2:06 pm
Op, if you figure out which place is cheapest/ best value, please let me know!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 5:25 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Bumping with an answer. Hatzоlocha

Thank you so very much!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics