Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
ISO job opportunities

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:36 pm
Hi, I hope I can explain this correctly.

We’ve been married a long time with a bunch of kids and growing expenses. My husband and I both have learning issues. I have a hard time holding down the fort and a job due to mental health issues and the fact that the type of jobs I can get isn’t enough to cover cleaning or other help. My husband is an amazing worker but only able to get minimal paying jobs due to his intelligence capacity. Our expenses are literally growing by the day and the family members who were helping us financially (reluctantly) are getting increasingly frustrated that we’re still not able to cover the month.

In short I’m interested in hearing ideas of high income jobs or businesses we can do to become more self sufficient.

Thanking you in advance.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:44 pm
I have a friend like you and the best thing she did was move to a voucher state so she didnt have the burden of tuition.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:58 pm
What kind of salary are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:19 am
mha3484 wrote:
I have a friend like you and the best thing she did was move to a voucher state so she didnt have the burden of tuition.

Lol we live in a voucher state. The schools still have loads of fees. And some of my kids are out of town, gotta pay boarding , tuition and all.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:21 am
amother Carnation wrote:
What kind of salary are you looking for?

The more the better. Now making about 60k. The more we make the less we have to ask for.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 11:41 am
What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing?

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 11:48 am
amother OP wrote:
The more the better. Now making about 60k. The more we make the less we have to ask for.

60k each? Total? If it’s each, that’s not that uncommon

There is no magic recipe to “high income hob” or everyone would be doing it. Unless you go to law or medical school, and even then there are no guarantees

Certain fields have higher starting salaries, usually ones with big degrees required. Otherwise it just requires hustling to figure stuff out

I do think it would be good to also sit down and reconfigure your finances. It doesn’t sound like you could afford cleaning help, for example.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:32 pm
nobody usually starts out making lots of money they have to build themselves up... When my husband was looking for a job when we just got married the jobs werent paying much and he didnt see growth potential so he went to law school got a degree which lead him to a better paying jobs. I just started working to get out of the house and I am making very little. Starting a business usually takes an investment and could be risky and could take a while until it starts making money... Can you do babysitting from your house?

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:32 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
60k each? Total? If it’s each, that’s not that uncommon

There is no magic recipe to “high income hob” or everyone would be doing it. Unless you go to law or medical school, and even then there are no guarantees

Certain fields have higher starting salaries, usually ones with big degrees required. Otherwise it just requires hustling to figure stuff out

I do think it would be good to also sit down and reconfigure your finances. It doesn’t sound like you could afford cleaning help, for example.

from the sounds of it sounds like total
I don't think OP works

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
from the sounds of it sounds like total
I don't think OP works

Correct. My husband keeps getting stuck in dead end jobs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics