Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My husband is going away for a week
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 11:01 am
amother Teal wrote:
My husband has been traveling for work for many years , and is gone most of the week. Although by now I’m used to it, the beginning felt the way you’re describing, I also had little
Kids , pregnant etc , but I just got used to doing errands with them after school and work, went to pizza, picnics at the park etc. I was very into being out of the house. On Sundays and longer nights in the summer we would hang with friends or family, neighbors. In the winter there was a lot of iPad watching which I am not proud of, but was needed at that time. Some years were harder than others.
You’re a nice wife that you’re so understanding of him being gone for an entire week, I know alot of people that make a really big deal when their husbands leave . It’ll be nice for him and exciting for your relationship when he gets back. What are you doing for Shabbos ? Good luck !

Thank you!! Give yourself a massive pat on the back for everything you do all the time while your husband's away.

We're going away for Shabbos.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 11:04 am
So I hope I'm all ready. I have two new toys waiting (a dr set and some more pieces of a building toy). I also signed him up for a library program, thanks for the idea upthread!! Feeling hopeful that the week will work out iyh. Definitely following everyone's advice to put things off for after my husband comes back.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics