Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toddler Concern

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:24 am
I've found my almost five year old son with his pants pulled down in bed lately a handful of times...I questioned him why his pants is down he says he does it when he thinks of "goiyish" stories. When I asked him for an example of a story he said a goiy is putting on makeup and smells....
I'm not sure what this means, what I should be doing about it...I have tried to talk to his pediatrician a couple a months ago abt some other (related) concern he was showing, but my worries were shrugged off.
Should I be concerned? What would be your next step??

amother
Sand  

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:33 am
These are not normal thought patterns of a 5 year old. I’d be worried someone did something to him or exposed him to something.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:34 am
Keep the conversation casual and probe slowly. Ask him where he saw the [gentile], or if he smelled him. Sounds somewhat concerning.

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 3:52 am
There’s some possibility he saw a goyeh putting on makeup and perfume and had an inadvertent arousal response to it, which from what I understand is not abnormal, even in a child.

Definitely agree that the possibility of abuse ch”v needs to be ruled out—but I don’t think it’s necessarily the reason, nor even likely.

How to talk to your DS about it, if at all, is probably a question for a rov. The conversation is likely best carried out by your DH. I would be extra careful not to embarrass your DS about it in any way.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:44 pm
Thanks for your responses!
Interestingly enough, he is aware that his behavior is inappropriate, cuz when I questioned him, and he told me the "goiyish" story....I asked where he hears or sees such stuff if its someone in school maybe a friend/rebbi/bus driver etc. He responded of course not cuz thats not "tznius".

How can I get to the root cause of his thoughts and actions?

amother
  Sand

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:47 pm
At this age play therapy, you nee a professional to get to the root properly.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:51 pm
This does not sound like something a 5 year old would come up with by themselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics