Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Switched to flip phone finally… how can I

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:42 pm
How can I still listen to music and shiurim? My kids love music and I’m wondering what the best solution is when having a flip phone. Separate smartphone just with music? Computer? Cds? I would also like shiurim for the car but mostly I want to play music for my kids and they have suffered from not having it since I switched.

luckyad123

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:46 pm
maybe a 24/6 device?

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:59 pm
luckyad123 wrote:
maybe a 24/6 device?

100% this. The 24six solo or family player has just about everything.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 7:46 pm
You can listen to shiurim on the Torah Anytime phone number 718 298 2077

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 7:57 pm
I’m pretty sure you can load music on the flip phone. My daughter Bluetooth songs from my friends all the time.
I hope you have an easy transition. I am still struggling with switching over.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:02 am
I just did it too.
Weird things are happening... text is still going through some of the time to my smartphone ( I switched service to flip but use smartphone in the house for things I need , using WiFi)
My bank kicked me off zelle using my cell number and switched to using my email...how do they know? What's the difference??
I've printed out recipes that I used to use my phone for
Life is definitely more peaceful. Yet annoying until I discover how to really use the flip phone properly

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:48 am
amother OP wrote:
How can I still listen to music and shiurim? My kids love music and I’m wondering what the best solution is when having a flip phone. Separate smartphone just with music? Computer? Cds? I would also like shiurim for the car but mostly I want to play music for my kids and they have suffered from not having it since I switched.

I downloaded music onto my flip phone. You can do the same by plugging your phone into a computer and dragging music files

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:01 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
I’m pretty sure you can load music on the flip phone. My daughter Bluetooth songs from my friends all the time.
I hope you have an easy transition. I am still struggling with switching over.

What’s the hardest parts so far?

beeestee

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 3:13 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
I just did it too.
Weird things are happening... text is still going through some of the time to my smartphone ( I switched service to flip but use smartphone in the house for things I need , using WiFi)
My bank kicked me off zelle using my cell number and switched to using my email...how do they know? What's the difference??
I've printed out recipes that I used to use my phone for
Life is definitely more peaceful. Yet annoying until I discover how to really use the flip phone properly

Could it be that it’s an iPhone? If you’re still logged into your iCloud, then messages to your email registered with the account could be coming through…

Cressel

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:44 am
amother OP wrote:

I have music downloaded onto my flip phone.

If you have music files on a computer, you can transfer them onto your phone.
If you don't have music files, you can download them from mostly music or places like that.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:45 am
Kudos I did it too! We got a zing music app device because it had more of the cds my kids wanted (rebbe hill, rabbi juravel, Shmuel kunda) and connect it to a Bluetooth speaker

amother
Valerian

Post Yesterday at 11:20 am
For shiurim I have a Sansa Clip, I download in the computer & copy to clip. I avoid wireless devices so I use good old fashioned earphones that come with it.

It bookmarks what you're up to in each shiur. I name the albums so they're in folders e.g. Parsha, yomim Tovim.

I put shiurim under audio books.

I used to put my relaxation & guided imagery recordings under music but now I have a separate Clip (old one that clip broke off so not convenient to wear) that I keep in the bedroom (w pillow speakers), while the shiur one stays plugged into computer or in my purse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics