Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best way to have polished nails.
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:07 pm
Can anyone explain the simplist/ affordable way to have your nails done?

I've gotten gel and it ruins my nails so I'd have to get it done every few weeks which I can't afford.....
I've tried myself and it comes off to fast and doesn't look great. ...

How do busy moms have thier nails done all the time without to much time or money?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:00 pm
Your last sentence is an oxymoron.

If she's a truly busy mom then her nails aren't always polished.

If her nails are always polished then she isn't too busy to get them done. Or it's such a huge priority for her that she has it in her schedule as an immutable event, but again, there has to be that time slot somewhere (lunch break, for working moms?)

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:57 pm
practice makes perfect. I do regular polish (essie expressie so if it chips it's super quick to fix and dry) and gel myself. took a while to perfect.

srbmom

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:20 am
I have 3 sister in laws that have their nails done always. They all have babysitters but only work part time, and they go routinely every two weeks, rain or shine. And no, it's not cheap

amother
Firebrick  

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:34 am
Nope it's not an oxymoron. I use glue-on nails (short) I always look like I have a fresh gel manicure. Discovered this about a year ago - game changer

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:51 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Nope it's not an oxymoron. I use glue-on nails (short) I always look like I have a fresh gel manicure. Discovered this about a year ago - game changer

Which have you been happy with?

amother
Chambray  

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:54 am
I keep my nails well shaped, trimmed, and cuticles cut. By myself.
I also tried gel and it cracked my beautiful strong nails. Regular weekly manicures I don't have time for and I work too hard to maintain.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:58 am
I keep clear polish in my bathroom & apply a coat every day or two as needed.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:22 am
amother Firebrick wrote:

Can you please post a link?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:41 am
I tried the glue on nails but they all fell off over the course of a day or two.... What brand did u use and any tips to keep them on?

What is it called when people use the fake nails from the salon? Is that easier to maintain?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 6:00 am
Has anybody used Glamnetic? I've seen it recommended on youtube...

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 6:22 am
amother OP wrote:

I've gotten gel and it ruins my nails so I'd have to get it done every few weeks which I can't afford.....

How do busy moms have thier nails done all the time without to much time or money?

Would you consider not getting them done and just having strong, clean Nails?

I had my nails done with gel for YEARS.
When the war broke out, something inside of me just had enuf. I got them removed & grew out my nails. They are strong & clean.
And no need to get them done.
Just my experience & so happy I made the decision.

amother
  Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 6:43 am
amother Rose wrote:
Can you please post a link?

I find them at tj maxx so I don't have a link. The company is called NailHQ and the style is :short square nude. A very pale pink. I've tried a whole bunch of companies. Do not use the stick -ons. Those pop right off. This one glues on with a tiny glue tube that comes in box. It's very strong. (I've bought nail glue separately but that's not nearly as strong) once you apply, cut down to size. Obviously you can buy any length - I just like mine short. Looks exactly like a gel mani

amother
  Chambray

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 7:08 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
I find them at tj maxx so I don't have a link. The company is called NailHQ and the style is :short square nude. A very pale pink. I've tried a whole bunch of companies. Do not use the stick -ons. Those pop right off. This one glues on with a tiny glue tube that comes in box. It's very strong. (I've bought nail glue separately but that's not nearly as strong) once you apply, cut down to size. Obviously you can buy any length - I just like mine short. Looks exactly like a gel mani

How do you get it off?

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 8:29 am
amother Purple wrote:
Would you consider not getting them done and just having strong, clean Nails?

I had my nails done with gel for YEARS.
When the war broke out, something inside of me just had enuf. I got them removed & grew out my nails. They are strong & clean.
And no need to get them done.
Just my experience & so happy I made the decision.

Yes, I very rarely have my nails done and have nice clean nails.....
Im just wondering the easiest way since I see so many people with polish & anytime Ive tried it takes to much effort or money and ruins my nails unless I keep it up.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 8:35 am
amother OP wrote:

I have a manicurist do my nails with my own polish. It stays for a week but doesn’t ruin my nails.

jj1236

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 9:19 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Has anybody used Glamnetic? I've seen it recommended on youtube...

After seeing constant advertisements for it I finally got it and I loved them since they were very pretty and I got so many compliments on my nails but for me they didn’t last 2 weeks like it says. Some did but some fell off and I had to redo them but it comes with extras. Also messes with my nails since the glue stayed on for a while. After wearing them (different styles) for a few months I got tired of having fake nails and just like my real ones. I think they’re great for a special occasions but bring the little box with you in your purse if they ever fall off and you’re out.
Also I do a million dishes a day so granted that could be why they didn’t stay on as well for me.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 9:24 am
Gel manicure is the best way but yes, they do ruin your nails.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:32 pm
nicole81 wrote:
practice makes perfect. I do regular polish (essie expressie so if it chips it's super quick to fix and dry) and gel myself. took a while to perfect.

How do you gel by yourself?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 7:20 pm
the all in one polish is easiest and fastest.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics