Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Playgroup morah

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 4:44 pm
Looking for opinions..

Do you consider playgroup morahs simpleminded? Not very educated?

I am considering doing a group next year but tbh afraid of what ppl will think of me..

I consider myself smart, creative, geshikt etc.. I just don’t want to be written off as less than..

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 4:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for opinions..

I am considering doing a group next year but tbh afraid of what ppl will think of me..

I consider myself smart, creative, geshikt etc.. I just don’t want to be written off as less than..

I mean I may be biased as playgroup morah who is also educated, but not necessarily. I have done it when my kids are little and I didnt want to work out of the house. But I am also educated and have worked in healthcare. I personally don't care what people think. I do whats best for me.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 4:47 pm
lol no
I think they’re creative and talented

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 4:49 pm
I also just wanted to add that being a playgroup morah is really hard work. Takes business mind, creativity, patience, and a lot of other qualities.

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 6:36 pm
Not at all!! I have so much respect for playgroup Morahs. I don’t have the patience, kindness and fun spirit they have. Not to mention energy.

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 6:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for opinions..

The only judgement I use for Morahs is to see if they will be a good morah for my child. After that, I don't think... she might be smart, she might not. She might be very educated and took a break from the workforce (I have one that did) for various reasons, she may not have. Makes no difference.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 7:02 pm
Thank you all!
Very validating and reassuring.

I know it takes tremendous kochos, patience etc to be a good morah,b but for some reason the feeling of it being an inferior ‘career’ choice kept on coming up.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all!
Very validating and reassuring.

I know it takes tremendous kochos, patience etc to be a good morah,b but for some reason the feeling of it being an inferior ‘career’ choice kept on coming up.

who cares what ppl think?
as long as you are happy and making $

DVOM

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:21 pm
Seriously???

My daughter's playgroup morah is one of the most calm, connected, intuitive, creative, kind people I know.

My oldest son's playgroup morah was such a rock star of a lady that I fell head over heals in (plutonic) love with her, and count her still as one of my best friends, 15 years later.

Playgroup morahs are a cut above.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:24 pm
I agree without everyone. It’s not the job for me, but I see playgroup morahs as caring, patient, and creative.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:25 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I agree without everyone. It’s not the job for me, but I see playgroup morahs as caring, patient, and creative.

I wish I would be able to do it! You make very good money while being your own boss, in your own home/ location you choose

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:52 pm
DVOM wrote:
Seriously???

My daughter's playgroup morah is one of the most calm, connected, intuitive, creative, kind people I know.

My oldest son's playgroup morah was such a rock star of a lady that I fell head over heals in (plutonic) love with her, and count her still as one of my best friends, 15 years later.

Playgroup morahs are a cut above.

Thank you for this!!

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 10:59 pm
No! It's a certain talent to be a morah. Takes a lot of kochos.

I think my daughter's morah is awesome. I think I learnt from her a lot more than my 2 year old daughter did.

Also, I know that many women do it because it has certain benefits when raising a family.

Nah, I would never think of them as "less than"

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 11:32 pm
I've gotten such comments when I became a stay at home mom with a small family. I know my mom in law looks down at me. But I look down at my sisters in law who have degrees, are working with someone else's toddlers and then come home without patience to care for their own kids.
I've seen smart playgroup Morah and dumb high school teachers. At the end of the day, ppl judge by personalities and middos. That's what counts most.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries