Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Attention all (full time) working mothers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 7:45 pm
Hello fellow imas,
As a working mother, I’m wondering how do you make the world - I mean your house and family- go round? Everyone always seems to know where to cut and where to expand, I feel like all these useful tips are useless to me. I. E. I’d love to take cleaning help, but when can I have one over if it’s either bedtime or kids are underfoot ? (House to small to have a lady when kids are home)
No takeout because a) the cost offsets the working income b) the stomach ache after is not worth it…
So many examples… I feel like it boils down to give up sleep or win the mega millions lottery!

Chizzuk and tips very welcome.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 7:55 pm
Quick easy suppers - not takeout.

Chicken and rice in the oven.

Frozen vegetables - roast in oven.

Frozen pizza.

Plain cooked potatoes.

Hamburger patties already shaped.

Turkey wrap.

Macaroni and fish sticks.

Tuna sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches.

I got a lot of ideas from this site.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 8:01 pm
Once a week cleaning help. I try to get a recommendation for cleaning help and then take 1 day PTO the first week she is there so I can train and get a feel for her. Next week I request to come in 1 hr later, and I stay home to give her direction that first hour then go to work and ask her to lock combination lock behind her. I have 3 cameras is set areas around the house with access to phone (inexpensive plug ins that run via electric and connect via home wifi so that footage runs on the app and I can connect via phone). The following weeks she comes before work, let her in, and then leave her to clean and she can lock up when she finishes.

For suppers come up with a quick supper rotation that your family likes.

Set up roomba in the kitchen/dining once kids are sleeping, while you take a shower. (Can set for whole house while you're out of the house, if you prep the floors ahead of time- clear of wires coming out of outlets and items that can get stuck).

1-2 loads of laundry each night so it doesn't pile up.

Amazon and Walmart apps for errands.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 8:09 pm
Robot vacuum mop

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 8:54 pm
It’s hard, but I also know that the more hours I work, the more help I will need, either hired or from the rest of my family. My cleaning lady comes early in the morning, and I throw in a load of laundry before I leave to work, and change it when I get home. I do a quick clean up every evening after the kids are asleep. I also have full time babysitting/ childcare.

Dinners are simple yet wholesome- chicken and rice, schnitzel, wraps… all can be thrown together in a few minutes when I get home and don’t take long to cook.

Also, cut yourself some slack! It’s ok if your house isn’t perfect or your dinners aren’t gourmet- you are working TWO full time jobs every day! It’s ok to take shortcuts or the easy way out if that’s what will preserve your sanity. Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics