Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Very Put Together But Rotten Teeth
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 3:40 am
Cheiny wrote:
I met someone on Shabbos who was very pretty, beautifully dressed, good figure, made up, gorgeous lace wig, manicured nails, nice jewelry, but with rotten, and almost black-colored teeth. It was so hard to overlook, every time she spoke it was all you could notice… someone else I know even asked me why someone doesn’t suggest she take care of her problem with her teeth. So obviously people are noticing…

I’m just surprised she was so careful about every other part of her appearance yet this one issue is left neglected.

DLKZ-most probably she is very scared of the dentist.
How would you feel if someone discussed something about your appearance?
If you see a physical feature which stands out then just ignore it.

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 3:57 am
Cheiny wrote:
Yeah I thought of that, but I’m not so sure it bothers her or that she feels self conscious, which is good. She seems secure, outgoing, lively etc. …I just felt bad because obviously people notice and were talking about it… she’s so pretty aside from that.

I’m stuck on your ‘people were talking about it’.
I can’t imagine going to a kiddish & talking (gossiping/ Loshon hara !!!!) about a fellow guest. That’s so wrong!!

Shame on you & your friends

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:07 am
Regarding confidence, you don't know that. I'm fat and a lot of people think I'm super confident, but really, I hate my body and I'm not confident at all. But what do you expect me to do? Sit at home crying about it all day? Walk around looking as miserable as I feel? I'm just going about my day, if I come off as particularly confident, all the better I guess.

amother
  Aqua

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:18 am
amother Aqua wrote:
What attitude?

Op, honestly confused here. Can you fill me in? What attitude were you referring to?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 5:30 am
Hi Hi op, 95% sure your speaking about me.

I have genetic dental issues that have led to the need for multiple implants. Unfortunately, I have a severe fear of dentists, which causes my blood pressure to rise at the mere thought of a dental visit. I am currently on the lookout for a painless dentist who can help me navigate through this fear. I kindly request understanding and support that goes beyond my dental concerns, as additional pressure from family comments only adds to my existing stress. I get enough of those from my Parents, and Dh. Thank you for your compassion and consideration.

And saying it's a disgrace me to for me to walk around like that doesn't help either, yes I got comments like that in the past.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:26 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
She was genuinely confused and wanted to discuss in what’s supposed to be a safe space. I imagine she won’t make that mistake again soon.

Posts like these make me roll my eyes so hard.

Actually, latest research proves that contrary to popular belief you do not need a safe space to discuss that a woman has ugly teeth.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:31 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Hi Hi op, 95% sure your speaking about me.

I have genetic dental issues that have led to the need for multiple implants. Unfortunately, I have a severe fear of dentists, which causes my blood pressure to rise at the mere thought of a dental visit. I am currently on the lookout for a painless dentist who can help me navigate through this fear. I kindly request understanding and support that goes beyond my dental concerns, as additional pressure from family comments only adds to my existing stress. I get enough of those from my Parents, and Dh. Thank you for your compassion and consideration.

And saying it's a disgrace me to walk around like that doesn't help either, yes I got comments like that in the past.

Hugs to you.

The op has got to be one of the most mean spirited post I've seen on imamother. All under the guise of caring.

Please put yourself in the shoes of these women and think about what you posted and how it feels to them. It actually blows my mind that its still up.

Id find it similar to writing a thread "I met a really put together woman but shes so fat, doesn't she realize?

Or "I met a really put together woman and she was disabled doesn't she realize that if she'd fix that shed be good?"
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics