Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
HS girl wearing the same dress as me
Previous  1  2  3

If you’re 35 plus would you wear a dress you spotted on a teenager?
Yes  
 63%  [ 91 ]
No  
 36%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 143

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:02 am
Well, my 17 year old takes from my clothes, I am glad she does and doesn't feel bad about the fact an old lady wears them rofl. I also borrow from hers if they fit and I want to.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:02 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I’m laughing because I am 48 and my 21 and 23 year old DDs and I share clothes. And we have all gotten compliments on the items. But then again, I don’t live in Lakewood.

I do live in Lakewood and I would never wear my DD's (they are in their 20's) clothes (except maybe casual, like we might buy the same casual tee or black slinky.) I do not consider myself to be in the same category, and I don't try to look like a teenager or young adult when I dress (though I'm a young looking upper 40's woman, or so I've been told...)

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:03 am
Do stores have racks labeled 20 years old, 30 years old, 40 years old, 50, 60, 70…. How are you supposed to know which dress you are allowed to wear?

Cookin4days

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:12 am
This threads a joke, wear whatever makes you feel beautiful

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:34 am
amother Melon wrote:
Do stores have racks labeled 20 years old, 30 years old, 40 years old, 50, 60, 70…. How are you supposed to know which dress you are allowed to wear?

I think the rule is if you are over 45 just stay home.
In your house, maybe wear a mumu from a catalog that gets mailed to your house and definitely do NOT wear a band fall.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:50 am
And then they wear birks that their great grandmother wear

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 10:02 am
OP I remember as a high school girl, one of my classmates had the same dress as my mother. In those 'olden' times, like 20 years ago it wasn't so normal. It had a straight skirt with a kick pleat kind of dress. Today's days everything in the stores are literally ageless. Or multi agers. Everyone wears everything. You could for sure continue wearing it.
I do feel sorry for the teenager who would probably not wear it again even though she totally should.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 10:38 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I know and that’s why I was annoyed. That’s the only time I saw an older person there.

I've definitely seen women in their 60s and 70s shopping at Junees . I was so happy for them,. They kept themselves looking fit and great and they actually looked good in the clothing they were trying on
I'm trying to figure out why someone would feel annoyed at a woman wanting to buy clothing that she likes and makes her feel good. I'm in my 30s and these women inspire me....... that there's no expiry date to deserving to look and feel good about yourself.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 10:42 am
I hope and pray that I’ll still continue wearing colorful, floral, exciting clothing in my 50’s-60’s-70’s. Life is so much more fun this way.

When I see Bubbies dressed hip and cute, I strive to be like them, they’re my inspiration.

I’ve never liked classy (ie boring) stuff and I hope I never will,
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics