Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much can I charge? Babysitting at home
Previous  1  2

amother
  Offwhite  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 8:25 pm
I have sent to a sitter who took 5 babies at a time.
She was very experienced and any time I walked in unannounced everything was under control an babies were taken care of.
$8/hour part time. $7 full time

mirelcakes  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
It's not the same. Hope you don't find out the hard way. Which mother would send a newborn to a group of 6 anyway? Yikes.

One person with 6 babies!! Why would any mother send with such a ratio? Im sure you are very qualified and a great babysitter but you are human.

amother
  Offwhite  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
The babies sleep. You can use the restroom then. You can also prepare things ahead of time if you know a certain baby eats every 3 hours etc. it is really not every single baby awake at the same time

No way are you having 8 of those babies all asleep at the same time.
I spend a good amount of time nursing (twice a day) in my baby's daycare.
15 kids. 4 teachers, plus a floater (meaning 5, but they each take break during the day)
There is always one teacher rocking 2 cribs, one changing a baby's diaper, one feeding a few kids, and another sitting on the floor with the kids who are up, often one or two in her arms. You need manpower for that age.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
No way are you having 8 of those babies all asleep at the same time.
I spend a good amount of time nursing (twice a day) in my baby's daycare.
15 kids. 4 teachers, plus a floater (meaning 5, but they each take break during the day)
There is always one teacher rocking 2 cribs, one changing a baby's diaper, one feeding a few kids, and another sitting on the floor with the kids who are up, often one or two in her arms. You need manpower for that age.

To add, those babies are not going to be newborn forever. So the older they get, even in 3 months time, the more active they will be.

amother
  Fuchsia  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 6:52 am
I dont think anyone would send to a 1:6 you cant compare that to 2:12 (not that thats ideal but people would send to that sooner than 1:6)
Your first question should be would anyone even send.
But there is no way anyone would pay extra for that which is what u seem to think 🤔

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:09 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I dont think anyone would send to a 1:6 you cant compare that to 2:12 (not that thats ideal but people would send to that sooner than 1:6)
Your first question should be would anyone even send.
But there is no way anyone would pay extra for that which is what u seem to think 🤔

People definitely would send to a 1:6 ratio…not me personally but in my large OOT community that would totally be considered acceptable.

amother
  Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:11 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
People definitely would send to a 1:6 ratio…not me personally but in my large OOT community that would totally be considered acceptable.

For newborns? I didnt say ratio I specifically said 1:6 that ratio people send when there are at least 2 adults (so 2:12 or 3:18 etc)

ganmama

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:33 am
1:6 for infants is a VERY high ratio. And 1:6 is a much higher workload than 2:12. I’m 1:6 with toddlers, and it’s a lot, when they were babies 1:4 was plenty of work.
I personally would not send an infant to a group with 1 morah and 6 babies. In many states that is far above the legal ratio for under 1s. And there’s a reason for those ratios…

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 10:53 am
Poor babies

amother
  Slateblue

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:08 am
1:6 babies is very commonly done ratio. 6 newborns though is a lot newborns are very needy.

amother
  Feverfew

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:22 am
Just FYI for whoever doesn't know, newborns aren't typically happy smiley quiet people.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 12:47 pm
It totally depends on the babies and on the babysitter.
I've seen babysitters with a 1:4 ratio or lower and they're huffing and puffing all day, without a moment to eat or use the bathroom.
I sent my son to a babysitter who started with a 1:5 ratio and then went up as the babies grew, she took more newborns, and they had a 1:7 ratio. I was ttly comfortable with it, because I saw how calm it was. She had everything organized, the babies were happy and very well taken care of. I popped in at any time I wanted and it was always like that. Not saying the babies never cried, obviously, but they never cried for long and she was exceptionally caring and devoted. She never wanted it to get too hectic, so she only took more when she saw it was so calm and she could handle another without it being hectic. I doubt most babysitters could do like her, though, so I'd be careful before sending to a babysitter who does this. Just wanted to say that it is possible, though. It was a very calm and pleasant atmosphere.

amother
  Offwhite

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:16 pm
ganmama wrote:
1:6 for infants is a VERY high ratio. And 1:6 is a much higher workload than 2:12. I’m 1:6 with toddlers, and it’s a lot, when they were babies 1:4 was plenty of work.
I personally would not send an infant to a group with 1 morah and 6 babies. In many states that is far above the legal ratio for under 1s. And there’s a reason for those ratios…

It's called a low ratio ftr

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:52 pm
I think you can manage but the babies won't be properly taken care of
6$
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers