Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:06 pm
amother Tan wrote:
The CDC says the vaccine is safe and effective.

Oh my sweet summer child.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:06 pm
Trademark wrote:
OP wrong place to ask. There are a few rabid anti-vaxers here.

Please ask IRL a doctor you trust.

Maybe because the rabies vaccine isn't on the childhood schedule? You can disagree with what we believe in but don't call us names.

There are more than a few anti-vaxxers on this site. This site remains one of the few places you can talk about vaccines without having a pop-up flag that directs you to the CDC website. We have reasons for believing what we believe. And everyone should have access to the information they want.

small bean  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:07 pm
amother Amber wrote:
My son is fully vaccinated and had shingles. Anybody have an explanation for that?

You don't get vaccinated for shingles. If you don't get chickenpox virus, you can get shingles.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:10 pm
small bean wrote:
You don't get vaccinated for shingles. If you don't get chickenpox virus, you can get shingles.

I had both. I had chickenpox as a kid and I had shingles in my 40s (a few months ago).

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:16 pm
small bean wrote:
Shingles is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Amber wrote:
My son is fully vaccinated and had shingles. Anybody have an explanation for that?
The chicken pox vaccine contains the live chicken pox virus. It could have remained inside him dormant, and become reactivated as shingles.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Measles protects too

is rubella safe during pregnancy if unvaxed? or measles

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:25 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
None
Hashem didn't create us defective. He gave us an immune system

So I suppose if one of your children needed glasses, you would say, "too bad" you're not getting them?
You don't give antibiotics or other medicines?

small bean  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:29 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Shingles is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus

Yeah but those who have natural immunity aren't at risk for shingles until mid 60s, but children who are vaccinated and have artificial immunity can get shingles.

I'm not pro or anti really,just saying it's not weird that a vaccinated child got shingles.

small bean  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:30 pm
And OP, there's no right or wrong way to do this. There isn't enough research on either side so go with your intuition and what feels right to you.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:30 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:

im an anti Wink

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Rubella can cause issues for the baby, which is why it's best to get it as a child when it's fairly harmless.

amother
  Crystal  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:37 pm
small bean wrote:
Yeah but those who have natural immunity aren't at risk for shingles until mid 60s, but children who are vaccinated and have artificial immunity can get shingles.

I'm not pro or anti really,just saying it's not weird that a vaccinated child got shingles.

I’m in my early 30s and I’ve had shingles twice. And I had chickenpox as a kid.

small bean  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
I’m in my early 30s and I’ve had shingles twice. And I had chickenpox as a kid.

Interesting. You don't get shingles more then once u less your body has a hard time with immunity for whatever reason.

I have a sister who had chickenpox and has no antibodies. She was then vaccinated for it and still has no antibodies. She doesn't seem to have an immunity disorder and is completely healthy. But obviously somethings not right if her body can't retain the antibodies.

amother
  Crystal

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:48 pm
small bean wrote:
Interesting. You don't get shingles more then once u less your body has a hard time with immunity for whatever reason.

I have a sister who had chickenpox and has no antibodies. She was then vaccinated for it and still has no antibodies. She doesn't seem to have an immunity disorder and is completely healthy. But obviously somethings not right if her body can't retain the antibodies.

Why would that be? The virus stays dormant and can get reactivated more than once. AFAIK no immunity issues.

Supermom#1  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:49 pm
amother Tan wrote:
Definitely covid. No I'm not joking. If you're concerned about vaccine preventable diseases, then covid would be the best shot to give. It's the one he's most likely to get, and most likely to cause harm to him at this age.

OMG, you must be kidding!

amother
  Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:51 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
OMG, you must be kidding!

she must be!

Rabbit613

amother Peachpuff wrote:
I'm only up to the first page, and I believe someone did mention it. but not going to read the whole thread and wanted to make SURE that you see this.

DO NOT give the MMR before age 2! Give it the latest possible. If you can, wait till age 3.

Why?

Supermom#1  

amother Molasses wrote:
I know this and it’s mind boggling. If you read the book you’ll realize how sane he sounds in a completely insane medical world

Absolutely! Same with Dr. Paul Thomas. What happened to him is unbelievable....or at this crazy point in time, it's quite believable

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:56 pm
OP,
Here is a list of every resource that has accurate information about childhood vaccines.
It's on a substack, hence the long link. It's got every book, video, blog etc. where you can find information with documentation:

https://marcellapiperterry.sub.....XRlcw
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics