Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:24 pm
My 4 children are all completely unvaccinated and are fine. They caught chicken pox and got over it and bH go to pediatrician who allows us to come. I don't like all their medical advice bc most of the time it's "bandaids" and not real solutions-like getting to the cause of the issue, but natural Drs don't take insurance...
We go when we have an issue and sometimes follow the advice from the pediatrician (we always discuss the options based on the issue).
This is not NY.

smss

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
There’s no medical reason to give three or four vaccines at once.

There's also no medical reason not to, and the longer you drag it out, the longer baby is at risk for those diseases.

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:50 pm
smss wrote:
There's also no medical reason not to, and the longer you drag it out, the longer baby is at risk for those diseases.

There was never a single study examining the safety of giving more than one vaccine at a time. Not a single one on the current vaccine schedule. People say they're trusting the science, but science means data, not speculation based on politics, money, or convenience.

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:59 pm
I think this might be what you're looking for. It's based on Dr. Paul Thomas's guide from the vaccine friendly book. I personally wouldn't give all of these but at least this less focuses on the ones that are actually a risk to your baby.

For example, he gives chickenpox at age 11. I personally would skip chicken pox entirely, but if you're going to give it because of the risk of shingles you don't need to give it earlier. Yes, the risk to a young baby from a vaccine is much higher than the risk to an adolescent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....N-xf1

amother
  Magnolia

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 1:05 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Source for the sodium ascorbate?

Suzanne humphries
Very well documented and very safe

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I’m almost sure it’s the opposite- that if you get the vaccine you won’t get shingles, vs no vaccine the virus lays dormant in your body and as an adult any exposure when your immunity is down can activate it as shingles.
But someone with more knowledge please chime in!

Also, my 12 yo niece just had chickenpox the 2’nd time and was pretty bad (not vaccinated) so immunity doesn’t always last…

Yes, you have it right. If you have had chicken pox, you are at risk for shingles. The virus lies dormant and when triggered it appears as shingles in adults.

The chicken pox vaccine prevents shingles. The downside to the chicken pox vaccine is that it wanes and you need to check your liters after a decade or so and revax if needed.

But thank you for highlighting the bad science that people run with to support their decisions. It's sad that we don't teach more advanced science in our schools so that we can easily recognize when something makes no sense. Instead we have so many of us liking bad science arguments with little understanding of what they're actually supporting.

amother
  Crystal  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 4:32 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Yes, you have it right. If you have had chicken pox, you are at risk for shingles. The virus lies dormant and when triggered it appears as shingles in adults.

The chicken pox vaccine prevents shingles. The downside to the chicken pox vaccine is that it wanes and you need to check your liters after a decade or so and revax if needed.

But thank you for highlighting the bad science that people run with to support their decisions. It's sad that we don't teach more advanced science in our schools so that we can easily recognize when something makes no sense. Instead we have so many of us liking bad science arguments with little understanding of what they're actually supporting.

Yup. Shingles is not fun. As a kid I thought that since I had chicken pox I wouldn’t get shingles. Now I have it for the second time in two years, lucky me.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I would be wary abt chicken pox vax, as chicken pox is mild in children and a true case gives better immunity. Reactivation of chicken pox virus is shingles, so if your child gets vaxed for cp they can get shingles as an adult. If never vaxed for cp they would not get shingles at first exposure (although they would get chickenpox worse than as a child). Kind of a toss-up here, but just be aware.

But they could get shingles from having had chicken pox too. Honestly it's more common to get shingles from having had chicken pox than from the vaccine so your reasoning seems a little off (if you're trying to prevent shingles)

amother
Birch  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:37 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Yup. Shingles is not fun. As a kid I thought that since I had chicken pox I wouldn’t get shingles. Now I have it for the second time in two years, lucky me.

I've heard cbd really helps
Refuah sheleima!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 8:35 pm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....4393/

Cpox may reduce risk of brain cancer

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:30 am

I have another idea. How about research institutions do actual scientific studies on vaccines. We can do randomized controlled trials comparing vaccinated children to non-vaccinated children. We can do trials comparing the effect of giving multiple vaccines at a time. Once we're at it, we could even study the effect of Tylenol combined with childhood vaccines.

None of these studies have ever been done. Good science on vaccines simply doesn't exist. Of course there's a lot of bad science out there, but there isn't any good science to counteract it.

And if I'm wrong, tell me! I would love links to these studies.

amother
  Birch  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:32 am
amother Tan wrote:
I have another idea. How about research institutions do actual scientific studies on vaccines. We can do randomized controlled trials comparing vaccinated children to non-vaccinated children. We can do trials comparing the effect of giving multiple vaccines at a time. Once we're at it, we could even study the effect of Tylenol combined with childhood vaccines.

None of these studies have ever been done. Good science on vaccines simply doesn't exist. Of course there's a lot of bad science out there, but there isn't any good science to counteract it.

And if I'm wrong, tell me! I would love links to these studies.

Anyone who tries is at risk of losing their license
Iirc Paul Thomas compared his patients

amother
  Birch  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:33 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4924393/

Cpox may reduce risk of brain cancer

Measles protects too

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:34 am
amother Starflower wrote:
Polio would be a crucial first. Vaccinate for chicken pox and MMR asap too.
I'm only up to the first page, and I believe someone did mention it. but not going to read the whole thread and wanted to make SURE that you see this.

DO NOT give the MMR before age 2! Give it the latest possible. If you can, wait till age 3.

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:34 am

Chicken pox puts you at risk for shingles, however, being exposed to chicken pox throughout your life acts as a natural booster and prevents the virus from deactivating, which is what shingles is. So allowing the virus to go around naturally is actually extremely beneficial in terms of preventing shingles in the population at large, which is why many countries don't vaccinate for varicella. This is in addition to the fact that the vaccine isn't without risks.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:38 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Chicken pox puts you at risk for shingles, however, being exposed to chicken pox throughout your life acts as a natural booster and prevents the virus from deactivating, which is what shingles is. So allowing the virus to go around naturally is actually extremely beneficial in terms of preventing shingles in the population at large, which is why many countries don't vaccinate for varicella. This is in addition to the fact that the vaccine isn't without risks.

The CDC says the vaccine is safe and effective.

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:40 am
amother Tan wrote:
Of course they do.

amother
  Birch

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:41 am
amother Tan wrote:

As are masks and multiple covid vaccines !?

Trademark  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:45 am
OP wrong place to ask. There are a few rabid anti-vaxers here.

Please ask IRL a doctor you trust.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:55 am
My son is fully vaccinated and had shingles. Anybody have an explanation for that?
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics