Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Orthodontist

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 1:45 pm
Anyone have jersey care and got their orthodontics covered? I've used Krug in the past and it was never covered. Just wondering before I start with the next kid.

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 9:43 am
Anyone?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 9:59 am
It is very hard to get orthodontics covered by Jersey care

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 10:22 am
There has to be significant issues in order to get coverage. Most kids don’t get approved.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 10:33 am
My son's braces are being covered by jerseycare (UHC) with Dr Krug. His teeth are pretty terrible. Krug said DS was borderline if he would be covered or not but close enough that it was worth submitting the approval forms and BH he was approved. I think Krug said approx 10% of his patients get covered by jerseycare.

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 11:01 am
Thank you. I was telling this to someone and she said it's only Krug who doesn't get their patients approved. I thought this was the case.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 11:08 am
small bean wrote:
Thank you. I was telling this to someone and she said it's only Krug who doesn't get their patients approved. I thought this was the case.

Possibly people on jerseycare dont go to Krug since his prices are nearly double other orthodontists' (we got actual price quotes from a different orthodontist as well and compared). So fewer jerseycare patients overall would mean fewer jerseycare approvals. Not sure if that's accurate but it's a possibility.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 5:30 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Possibly people on jerseycare dont go to Krug since his prices are nearly double other orthodontists' (we got actual price quotes from a different orthodontist as well and compared). So fewer jerseycare patients overall would mean fewer jerseycare approvals. Not sure if that's accurate but it's a possibility.

Which orthodontist is half the price? I priced around a bit 2-3 years ago and found them to be the same or more. I’m abt to start my third kid and Wld love to know of a cheaper yet good option.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 5:47 pm
I would also like to know!

bnm

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 6:03 pm
My friend's kid got approved for braces thru JerseyCare by Dr. Krug.

sweet

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 6:29 pm
My daughter got her braces covered through jersey care.
My son though did not

This was from Dr krug.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 10:54 pm
Jerseycare covers only if there is a medical reason to get braces. Years ago my sons was covered by krug bec he had a baby tooth that never came out and had to be pulled, needed braces to make sure the tooth came in straight.

My regular dental insurance that I have now, gives $1,500 towards braces per kid that needs.

bnm

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 11:28 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
Jerseycare covers only if there is a medical reason to get braces. Years ago my sons was covered by krug bec he had a baby tooth that never came out and had to be pulled, needed braces to make sure the tooth came in straight.

My regular dental insurance that I have now, gives $1,500 towards braces per kid that needs.

My daughter has that situation with the baby tooth but my dental insurance dosnt cover anything for braces.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 11:37 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Which orthodontist is half the price? I priced around a bit 2-3 years ago and found them to be the same or more. I’m abt to start my third kid and Wld love to know of a cheaper yet good option.

Dentistry for children in Tom's River gave a price quote in the 3k range and Krug in the 6k range.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 12:15 am
I have 4 kids by Krug, all their orthodontia is covered by JerseyCare. I had no idea some people don't get it covered. Maybe my kids just have terrible teeth?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries