Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls high schools in Miami

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 6:28 pm
What are the options for girls high schools in Miami, and what are they like? I know BYM is more to the right, and I know of shaarei binah.
What other options are there, and what is each school like- academically and hashkaficly?

amother
Crocus  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 8:14 pm
There is a chofetz chaim high school in Boca its an oot school with more middle to left hashkafos.
There is also another high school (I think it is called Hadar but I am not 100%) that is styled after a montessori style teaching. It is very open minded and permissive.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
There is a chofetz chaim high school in Boca its an oot school with more middle to left hashkafos.
There is also another high school (I think it is called Hadar but I am not 100%) that is styled after a montessori style teaching. It is very open minded and permissive.

Boca is a little too far, although I know there are lots of people who make the commute both ways. Do you know anything about the schools in Miami? Or is there anything in Hallandale or aventura?

amother
Yarrow  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 11:13 pm
There’s a new school that’s finishing its second year called Binas Halev. There’s also Yotzer Ohr. The mainstream option would be Bais Yaakov Miami. Shaarei Binah a second to that.

amother
  Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 11:17 pm
amother Crocus wrote:

I haven’t heard of a girls chofetz Chaim school in Boca, although there is TTB, a boys mesivta. For girls, there’s Hadar and Bais Yaakov of Boca. Bais Yaakov Boca is only a couple of years old. Hadar has been around longer.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 12:23 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
There’s a new school that’s finishing its second year called Binas Halev. There’s also Yotzer Ohr. The mainstream option would be Bais Yaakov Miami. Shaarei Binah a second to that.

Can you tell me anything about these other two schools? And about shaarei binah? I’ve heard of it, but I don’t know anything about it. What types of girls do each of these schools attract? What are the academic levels like? Do they help students who are struggling academically (or otherwise)? What kind of technology/cell phone rules do they have?

dena613

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 1:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you tell me anything about these other two schools? And about shaarei binah? I’ve heard of it, but I don’t know anything about it. What types of girls do each of these schools attract? What are the academic levels like? Do they help students who are struggling academically (or otherwise)? What kind of technology/cell phone rules do they have?

Google is your friend!!!!
For fun, I googled a few of these schools. You can get a feel from the pictures and videos they show.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 6:34 am
dena613 wrote:
Google is your friend!!!!
For fun, I googled a few of these schools. You can get a feel from the pictures and videos they show.

I know, but I’d like to hear from actual people.

amother
  Crocus

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 7:03 am
amother OP wrote:

Yotzer Ohr is the school I referred to above. It is a very open and permissive school allowing girls to really find themselves. Their hashkafos and rules follow along with this trusting of the girls. The girls are close knit like family. The staff is fantastic.

Shaarei Bina is definitely more hashkafically to the left of BYM hashkafically. Academically they do have help for struggling girls but if you are coming from the tristate area, do not expect the same level of special needs/ help.

BYM mainstream OOT BY school. They allow cell phones (flip phones) but no smart phones. Much less help for struggling girls academically.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics