Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What city in Israel has working Chareidi?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:34 am
OP, I just want to say - RBS has all types

There are many Israelis ,
American Israelis (people who grew up in Israel to American families)
and of course Olim too from all countries
Many people who made Aliyah as a young couple and raise their children English speaking but fully integrated

It is a good place for Olim because of the infrastucture in place to support them , but please don't think it's only for people who don't want to fully integrate.

Not saying everyone should move to RBS , but don't discount it automatically . It's just a nice place to live Smile

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:56 am
Those saying all places have working chareidim, are they not looked down on upon? Someone told me the chareidi schools in their city first accept all the kollel families' kids, and only then the working families. I want to live in a place where it's common and not considered second class.

Success10

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 6:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Those saying all places have working chareidim, are they not looked down on upon? Someone told me the chareidi schools in their city first accept all the kollel families' kids, and only then the working families. I want to live in a place where it's common and not considered second class.

It's not pashut to be a working family in a kollel community. You are right for trying to find a neighborhood where it's not out if the norm. But there are options.

amother
  Lightgray

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:34 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Oh wow
What does he do

He works for a hi-tech company in Har Chotzvim

amother
  Papaya  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:47 am
amother OP wrote:

It really depends on which school. If they have a diff reason they don't want you they will blame it on working but at the same time they have accepted other working families.

My bil works full time and got his son in a cheider no problem. We got refused from the same cheider and my husband works evenings and is in kollel during the day...
The other cheider which is considered as more picky on who they take, took us in no problem and my bil sent his next son there as well and got in without a problem even though the first went to the other school and he is a worker.

Beis Yaakovs are very opened and will only not take if you are really really not going to fit in.

This is in Neve Yaakov. I can't say about other areas.

amother
Burntblack  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 1:39 pm
Another spot out for rbs. Please check it out b4 knocking it. So many ppl like to say rbs is not for them without coming for a shabbos to try it out.
Gimmel had lots of working chareidi ppl who have young kids who are integrated. Each Rama has it's own type. Come check it out.
Signed,
Someone who said she would never move to rbs and is happy that she lives there Smile

amother
Heather

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Another spot out for rbs. Please check it out b4 knocking it. So many ppl like to say rbs is not for them without coming for a shabbos to try it out.
Gimmel had lots of working chareidi ppl who have young kids who are integrated. Each Rama has it's own type. Come check it out.
Signed,
Someone who said she would never move to rbs and is happy that she lives there Smile

I think it's just $$$, no? I have family there

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 1:50 pm
I have lived in Beitar for years. The majority of people who have 4 or more children are working. Many Anglos who work US hours are in morning Kollel's so that may throw people off. Even men who are lucky enough to stay in the walls of the beit medrash all hold "positions" meaning they are working. We love Beitar, enough Anglos that you are comfortable but not so many that you have to worry about your kids not integrating. For us it was the perfect combination. Although it is far from cheap anymore!

amother
  Burntblack

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I think it's just $$$, no? I have family there

It's a lot cheaper than the jlem option. Why do people find it expensive? I live in rbs and it doesn't seem expensive to me.
It's cheaper than my hometown in NJ and cheaper than ramat eshkol where I moved from.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:04 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
It really depends on which school. If they have a diff reason they don't want you they will blame it on working but at the same time they have accepted other working families.

My bil works full time and got his son in a cheider no problem. We got refused from the same cheider and my husband works evenings and is in kollel during the day...
The other cheider which is considered as more picky on who they take, took us in no problem and my bil sent his next son there as well and got in without a problem even though the first went to the other school and he is a worker.

Beis Yaakovs are very opened and will only not take if you are really really not going to fit in.

This is in Neve Yaakov. I can't say about other areas.

Would you say working is generally looked down on for men in neve yakov (not just about getting into schools)?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:08 pm
Signed,

Thanks! Rbs is not out of the question, but I wanted to hear of other options. Honestly the hot summers for me is one of the biggest drawbacks along with a couple other things I heard. But it's still one of the options, I just know of it already and am not sure if it's the right place for us.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:10 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
I have lived in Beitar for years. The majority of people who have 4 or more children are working. Many Anglos who work US hours are in morning Kollel's so that may throw people off. Even men who are lucky enough to stay in the walls of the beit medrash all hold "positions" meaning they are working. We love Beitar, enough Anglos that you are comfortable but not so many that you have to worry about your kids not integrating. For us it was the perfect combination. Although it is far from cheap anymore!

Good to know, thanks!

amother
  OP

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:13 pm
It's a lot cheaper than the jlem option. Why do people find it expensive? I live in rbs and it doesn't seem expensive to me.
It's cheaper than my hometown in NJ and cheaper than ramat eshkol where I moved from.

It's all relative. The people who say rbs is expensive are comparing to even cheaper places, and they agree most of jlem is even more expensive, especially Ramat eshkol!!

amother
  Papaya  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would you say working is generally looked down on for men in neve yakov (not just about getting into schools)?

Not the part I live in, but I cant say for further in the neighbourhood.
If he would dress differently he may feel out.

amother
  Papaya

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:26 pm

RBS is approx on par with Neve Yaakov which is the cheapest area in Jerusalem. As soon as you leave Jerusalem everywhere more or less besides for RBS is cheaper...

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 10:38 pm
I have a question about affordability. My husband is retired, and I will be retiring in about a year. We would love to buy a smaller apartment, 2 bedrooms, but anything in RBS A is above 2 million shekels minimum. How do people afford to buy these apartments?

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 11:33 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I have a question about affordability. My husband is retired, and I will be retiring in about a year. We would love to buy a smaller apartment, 2 bedrooms, but anything in RBS A is above 2 million shekels minimum. How do people afford to buy these apartments?

People save, scrimp, ask family members, and take out loans to get a downpayment and then pay a mortgage for a very long time.

Dolly151  

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 11:35 pm
Ppl sell their house in america. If u live in the NY area, you have a huge chunk if not the whole thing covered. Property tax in Israel is rly cheap compared to america. Makes mortgage payments a bit more feasible.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 12:04 am
I live in Neve Yaakov. I have a handful of friends who have working husbands but you'd never know by looking at them, long beards white and black charedi lifestyle etc. If you are charedi in every way but your husband is working it is totally normal here.
What about har nof?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 12:07 am
amother Molasses wrote:
Rechovot. I spent Shabbos there once, a really warm kehilla of Anglos, all US style. OOT feel.

Is it extremely hot in the summer? It came out multiple times for us but the weather is scaring me. Modern chareidi here.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating