Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is Pomona,NY high pressure?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:22 am
Or does it depend on where in Pomona?
I've considered moving there but then I was told there's high levels of peer pressure

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:03 pm
Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:32 pm
As a semi-outsider, living in a different area of Monsey, I would say that it seems like it is. People make big simchas, go on fancy vacations, wear designer clothing, etc. But someone who actually lives there would know better. It could be it's only a group of people, not the whole area.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
As a semi-outsider, living in a different area of Monsey, I would say that it seems like it is. People make big simchas, go on fancy vacations, wear designer clothing, etc. But someone who actually lives there would know better. It could be it's only a group of people, not the whole area.

Yes so this is what I've heard
My question is if there are parts that are not that way because I don't want that kind of pressure.

amother
Olive  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes so this is what I've heard
My question is if there are parts that are not that way because I don't want that kind of pressure.

There's only one specific part of pomona that is high pressure. The other areas are very chilled and accepting. For the record I live in Pomona and know a lot of people in all areas of pomona

amother
Forsythia  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:00 pm
There are lots of people who are more into designer, nice cars and fancy events etc. Also plenty of crunchy types who are not into that stuff at all, are more into nature and health. Then there’s the regular types who are just into whatever

I’d say even with all the gashmius, there isn’t really peer pressure. Plenty of people are not like that and no one cares one way or the other

amother
  Forsythia

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Olive wrote:
There's only one specific part of pomona that is high pressure. The other areas are very chilled and accepting. For the record I live in Pomona and know a lot of people in all areas of pomona

Which area are you referring to?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:02 pm
I live in what's technically Pomona, according to my address, but it's really the area we call Haverstraw. I don't know if pressure just goes right over my head but I feel zero pressure. There are all types and everyone is really nice.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
There are lots of people who are more into designer, nice cars and fancy events etc. Also plenty of crunchy types who are not into that stuff at all, are more into nature and health. Then there’s the regular types who are just into whatever

I’d say even with all the gashmius, there isn’t really peer pressure. Plenty of people are not like that and no one cares one way or the other

Is there specific sections where the nature / crunchy ppl live? (I might fall into that category) Where the high standard ppl live?

amother
  Olive

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there specific sections where the nature / crunchy ppl live? (I might fall into that category) Where the high standard ppl live?

Which area of pomona are you looking into.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:00 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Which area of pomona are you looking into.

I haven't yet looked into any area I'm trying to understand whether I should look into and where
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating