Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is everyone wearing black tights today?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
  Cyclamen

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:18 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Opaque is not a color

Okay, but black is not an opacity.

There are sheer black, opaque black, sheer nude, opaque nude, and a bunch of other options.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:26 am
The simple answer is that black tights are more comfortable, and they don’t tear as easily so less expensive.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:52 am
So… I DID switch around pesach time. But I switched back because it got cold again and I saw so many other people wearing black.
Obviously if I’m wearing summery, light colored clothing, I wouldn’t be wearing black tights. I usually wear black skirts so either color tights would work.

I’m wearing nude again. I hate it. I feel so exposed. Also, the control top is so bad. Supposedly it’s the same as the black that I wear, but I know that it’s barely control and not holding me. I guess this is how it will be for the next 4 months like it is every year… can’t wait for the black again!

amother
Daffodil  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 7:51 am
Yes today is going to hit the '80s here and it will be hot. I could totally hear that you feel it's exposing.. it is and my legs are pretty ugly. Between bruises, freckles, varicose veins Etc.. I only wear maxi skirts in the summer months. .

amother
  Daffodil  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 7:54 am
And about the no control, I actually wear very thin shorts on top of my tights.. been doing it for years (I just cut the primark leggings) and no, it doesn't make me feel hotter, it's very comfortable!

amother
Catmint  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 7:58 am
you can easily solve all these issues and wear the whitesock/sneaker trend that half of lakewood is wearing..
that is appropriate for all weather types.

I have to say I am HUGE fan of the white socks being in style.. or really any socks I literally HATE stockings so much!!

and I love all you posters getting so angry that some people actually want to fit it.. there is nothing wrong with that. of course we all know that we can do what we want.. but its also ok to care what other people are doing and want to be normal

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:21 am
For those who wear socks, what do you do if you need support in tush area?

amother
  Green  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:26 am
amother Catmint wrote:
you can easily solve all these issues and wear the whitesock/sneaker trend that half of lakewood is wearing..
that is appropriate for all weather types.

I have to say I am HUGE fan of the white socks being in style.. or really any socks I literally HATE stockings so much!!

and I love all you posters getting so angry that some people actually want to fit it.. there is nothing wrong with that. of course we all know that we can do what we want.. but its also ok to care what other people are doing and want to be normal

Forgot to write about my socks- they are green :-) They don’t come over the top of my sneakers though, so no one sees them except me.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:26 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
And about the no control, I actually wear very thin shorts on top of my tights.. been doing it for years (I just cut the primark leggings) and no, it doesn't make me feel hotter, it's very comfortable!

I might interested in that. Can you share a link?

amother
  Green

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:27 am
amother Lightpink wrote:

I must be super tired, because I totally don’t understand the question. Tush support? I don’t even know what that is! I wear shorts or leggings every single day.

amother
  Catmint

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:38 am
amother Lightpink wrote:

suck in to save my life LOL

but yeah id rather look a drop poochy by stomach (bh for healthy pregnancies and babies!) and be comfy then suffer with tights to be a more contained

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:01 am
Nobody "needs" anything.

I'm not thin. That's fine with me. I wear knee socks because they're comfortable. I gave up control-top stockings ages ago, probably around the first time I was pregnant. My goal is not to convince other people that I'm thin.

Oh, and I also wear black socks year round. Sorry if I'm offending anyone. My skirts are long enough that it's probably not that obvious. But if it was, all well. Sorry if it bothers anyone...

(Or maybe not so sorry. I'm not sure.)

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:34 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
WHO CARES????
Wear whatever you like to!
Unless everyone is wearing nude and you're wearing black, you can do whatever you prefer!!!
And is someone has an issue with it, they will go to therapy!! LOL
(It's supposed to go up to 85°!!)

I wear honey year round. Yes in Lakewood. I hate black tights. They are too thick. I feel like im choking. I do me.

zaq

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:55 pm
I wear black even in August so I don't have to shave. There, I said it. So sue me. Your opinion matters to me not at all.

GLUE  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:59 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
I wear honey year round. Yes in Lakewood. I hate black tights. They are too thick. I feel like im choking. I do me.

I see people wearing that color all year round in Lakewood.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:01 pm
GLUE wrote:
I see people wearing that color all year round in Lakewood.

Chassidish?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:01 pm
It was 54 degrees when I went to work. I wore nude but it was coldish this morning.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Chassidish?

I have no idea, I don't walk up to people and grill them on why they are wearing the wrong color socks. I don't care if people wear black, honey, or green with pink pock dots.(yes I have socks with that color and yes I have worn them in a grocery store in Lakewood with a snood('Tongue Out')

amother
  Blonde

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:25 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

Let's be honest and call a girdle a girdle. "Support" is what compression hose, which are a medical device, do for people who have or are trying to prevent varicose veins. What you're trying to do is make your rear end look more shapely. I've never been concerned about the shapeliness or lack thereof of my rear end, but if I were, I would wear a light panty girdle. The last time I wore one was many years ago to a wedding, and then it was to hold up my pantyhose, which I didn't trust to stay up through energetic dancing. I now wear knee socks exclusively, and worrying about pantyhose slipping their moorings is blessedly a thing of the past.

Watch this, it's long but it's an absolute riot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRXMmu8V084

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:30 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Capris leggings
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries