Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What’s the most expensive thing in your closet?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Forsythia  

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:11 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I got it a few months ago at the retail price- under 9k

The value is high because it’s near impossible to get unless you buy resale, and prices skyrocket. This particular bag was custom, and I waited over a year for it to be ready

So cool! How did you get it??

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:27 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I got it a few months ago at the retail price- under 9k

The value is high because it’s near impossible to get unless you buy resale, and prices skyrocket. This particular bag was custom, and I waited over a year for it to be ready

What was your pre spend amount? Asking because I really want to get one! (Everyone else, you can throw tomatoes 😅)

amother
  Forsythia

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:28 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
What was your pre spend amount? Asking because I really want to get one! (Everyone else, you can throw tomatoes 😅)

If they want we can move it to the new safe haven forum. I want to know EVERYTHING!

amother
  Aqua

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:32 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Hermes bags range from $10,000 to the hundreds of thousands!!

I googled this bag and it’s 4k 🤷🏻‍♀️ what am I missing?

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:50 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
If they want we can move it to the new safe haven forum. I want to know EVERYTHING!

Maybe we should because this girls curiosity is piqued!!

amother
  Stoneblue  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:06 am
amother Forsythia wrote:

LOL Happy to start a spinoff

amother
  Stoneblue

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:06 am
amother Aqua wrote:
I googled this bag and it’s 4k 🤷🏻‍♀️ what am I missing?

If you see a Mini Kelly for 4k, its absolutely fake

zaq

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:46 am
I have one question. And I'm assuming that for every pair of Reneging CowVillain shoes you buy, you give ten times that sum to a tzedaka that provides shoes for needy children. Ditto every other conspicuously self-indulgent purchase you make. And I don't say that you mustn't buy these things, though I wonder how that shtims with "hatznea lechet." But if you can afford it, good for you.

Still, are you not just a teeny beeny bit uncomfortable flaunting your expenditures on threads like these when you know that there are women here who don't know how they'll buy food for next Shabbos or who are pleading for hand-me-down clothes for their children or, worse, hand-me-down meds? And don't hand me the standard heartless organic fertilizer response that "people who are triggered by threads like these shouldn't open them." I ain't buying it.

Do the world a favor and start your own website--not a separate thread-- where you can revel in your wealth and your obscene expenditures together with others of your ilk without causing pain to the many people here who are not quite so materially blessed as you. Or has it escaped your notice that on average, imamothers tend to be on the lower end of the income spectrum?

ETA I'm not picking solely on the amoother, I mean amother, who said she has Rene Caovillas. The rest of you know exactly who you are.

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:11 am
zaq wrote:
I have one question. And I'm assuming that for every pair of Reneging CowVillain shoes you buy, you give ten times that sum to a tzedaka that provides shoes for needy children. Ditto every other conspicuously self-indulgent purchase you make. And I don't say that you mustn't buy these things, though I wonder how that shtims with "hatznea lechet." But if you can afford it, good for you.

Still, are you not just a teeny beeny bit uncomfortable flaunting your expenditures on threads like these when you know that there are women here who don't know how they'll buy food for next Shabbos or who are pleading for hand-me-down clothes for their children or, worse, hand-me-down meds? And don't hand me the standard heartless organic fertilizer response that "people who are triggered by threads like these shouldn't open them." I ain't buying it.

Do the world a favor and start your own website--not a separate thread-- where you can revel in your wealth and your obscene expenditures together with others of your ilk without causing pain to the many people here who are not quite so materially blessed as you. Or has it escaped your notice that on average, imamothers tend to be on the lower end of the income spectrum?

ETA I'm not picking solely on the amoother, I mean amother, who said she has Rene Caovillas. The rest of you know exactly who you are.

I hear you, and understand your upset. I wish that it could be a closed forum so that it doesn't cause people pain. I also want you to know that I spend WAY more in tzeddaka than I do on luxuries. Not just regular to an organization tzeddaka, but pay the person in front of me noticeably struggles tzeddaka. Walk into a grocery and pay off some accounts tzeddaka. "Lend" money to people I know I'll never get it back from tzeddaka. And most of all, I've been in a place where I needed tzeddaka! The money I have also comes with the knowledge that one day, I might not have it anymore. I try to invest smartly and surprise, but things like classic chanel bags and Hermès bags among other pieces are actually some sid investments. I don't blame you for getting upset, I also didn't know this till I hit a certain bracket. Anything luxury I get is a thought out decision. I often wonder if there are people like me who think ahead this much or if it's residual trauma from years of being in the red. I also want to add, the things I have spoken about here and in the high end forum are things I have NEVER discussed with friends or peers irl, for fear of ayin hara and hatznei lachem. It's also why I stay anonymous. And also the reason why you wouldn't catch me dead in anything with a logo. I lead a normal life and don't shop in high end stores for my kids or myself, save for a few luxury accessories here and there precisely because I don't want to up a standard. I'm always torn between feeling like I need to apologize for the things that Hashem gave me and the hard work I invested to get here and simply just continuing to do the good I do without responding to judgement. I wish all of klal yisrael can be wealthy, and iyh, I hope very soon with the coming of Moshiach, we will be. Not only materially wealthy but mentally, spiritually, emotionally, among other types of wealth.
איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו במהרה בימינו !

amother
  Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:47 am
amother Poppy wrote:
$130 sneakers. With $400 orthodic in-soles.

So many of you keep your Sheitels in your closet? Do you have a walk-in?

Yup, mines a walk in

amother
  DarkGreen

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 7:56 am
amother Lilac wrote:
I hear you, and understand your upset. I wish that it could be a closed forum so that it doesn't cause people pain. I also want you to know that I spend WAY more in tzeddaka than I do on luxuries. Not just regular to an organization tzeddaka, but pay the person in front of me noticeably struggles tzeddaka. Walk into a grocery and pay off some accounts tzeddaka. "Lend" money to people I know I'll never get it back from tzeddaka. And most of all, I've been in a place where I needed tzeddaka! The money I have also comes with the knowledge that one day, I might not have it anymore. I try to invest smartly and surprise, but things like classic chanel bags and Hermès bags among other pieces are actually some sid investments. I don't blame you for getting upset, I also didn't know this till I hit a certain bracket. Anything luxury I get is a thought out decision. I often wonder if there are people like me who think ahead this much or if it's residual trauma from years of being in the red. I also want to add, the things I have spoken about here and in the high end forum are things I have NEVER discussed with friends or peers irl, for fear of ayin hara and hatznei lachem. It's also why I stay anonymous. And also the reason why you wouldn't catch me dead in anything with a logo. I lead a normal life and don't shop in high end stores for my kids or myself, save for a few luxury accessories here and there precisely because I don't want to up a standard. I'm always torn between feeling like I need to apologize for the things that Hashem gave me and the hard work I invested to get here and simply just continuing to do the good I do without responding to judgement. I wish all of klal yisrael can be wealthy, and iyh, I hope very soon with the coming of Moshiach, we will be. Not only materially wealthy but mentally, spiritually, emotionally, among other types of wealth.
איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו במהרה בימינו !

I’m only jealous that you can give ,millions? To tzedaka. I wish I can give that. I always dreamed of giving loads of tzedaka.
I never wanted designer stuff it never interested me I’m not interested in fancy bags or shoes.
My dreams are to have a nice house and give loads to tzedaka.

amother
  Cadetblue

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 8:09 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I’m only jealous that you can give ,millions? To tzedaka. I wish I can give that. I always dreamed of giving loads of tzedaka.
I never wanted designer stuff it never interested me I’m not interested in fancy bags or shoes.

My dream is that noone should need it

amother
  Charcoal

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 8:46 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:

Same.
It doesn't sound like op uses the money for fancy bags to wear. I highly doubt she goes out wearing that bag....

I wish I had more money so I can go into a regular basic jewish owned store amd just buy whatever I need without looking at the price.

My $250 dollar shoes was a long thought out purchase. I bought it a year ago. Nut it still looks brand new. I keep my stuff for a long time. And I have sensitive feet. It was the only pair of shoes that was appropriate for more than one occasion ans comfy.

But more than that, dh and I have all these grandiose plans what we'll do with out chomesh once we get rich. And what we'll do with stam the extra money beyond chomesh. (Like build super high quality very affordable housing projects...)

amother
  Lilac

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 10:31 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
My dream is that noone should need it

SAME!!!!!!!!! Amen amen amen a million times over!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics