Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
No matter how much you spoil your kids…
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 8:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
So what do I do if this is my child’s close friend and I just can’t compete no matter what I do? I really think I’m a great mom but no matter what, this girl always has some wild stories that make me seem so much less than…

Why are you buying into this? I always tell my kids we don’t care what others do. We are all different and have different rules and values for our own reasons. They know if it’s something within reason they can ask for it but not because we need to keep up with the Jones’s. So much so that my kids point out how some families do more than us but they also recognize that there are things we have more of. You need to fix this competition thing you all have going on.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 8:59 pm
Why would you want to compete about something so odd? How is paying a child to change a diaper helping them? This whole thing is odd. If your kids get what they need then $100 shouldn’t even be such a big deal

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 9:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
So what do I do if this is my child’s close friend and I just can’t compete no matter what I do? I really think I’m a great mom but no matter what, this girl always has some wild stories that make me seem so much less than…

Start by figuring out why you keep comparing

My kids have cousins their own age who have their own rooms, go to the Bahamas, have designer clothes galore.

We take local trips and not even every year and no designer clothes.

They are all great friends bH.

There’s no need to compare. We have what we need, they have what they need.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics