Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o stuff you misunderstood as a little kid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

#BestBubby  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:34 pm
When Morah taught that a kosher animsl has two signs.

I pictured cows wearing those sandwich board advertising signs with the word KOSHER.

When we saw cows on the way to the country I was disappointed that I never saw any cows with two kosher signs.

amother
  Taupe  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:37 pm
amother Linen wrote:
You know those tags attached to furniture and mattresses that said “do not detach under penalty of law”? My mother told me that when she was a kid she thought that if you cut or ripped one off the police would come and arrest you!

I thought that too!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:40 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I thought that too!

Me three!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:45 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Reminds me of how when DD was born, 4 year old DS asked how they knew she was a girl - "oh, I know! Because she has short hair!"

Once when I was highly pregnant a young boy asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. Then he said, “Oh, of course you’re having a girl - cuz you’re a girl!”

Where did you come from, kid LOL

imthatawesome

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Once when I was highly pregnant a young boy asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. Then he said, “Oh, of course you’re having a girl - cuz you’re a girl!”

Where did you come from, kid LOL

Reminds me of when I was six And insisted that my best friend, a girl obviously, Was an uncle because her brother had a baby boy

beloved

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:00 pm
We used to ask my father why he had to go to work, and he said "To make money." I pictured him sitting in an office and manufacturing dollar bills all day.

synthy  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:09 pm
Growing up with yiddish as my first language, I thought toddlers from English speaking communities must be brilliant, picking it up at such a young age.

SuperWify  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
My 7 yr old just asked me if the world was colored when I was a kid in the olden days lol! I’m 39 btw

Clever boy!! A sign of a deep thinker (ahem).

SuperWify  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:19 pm
synthy wrote:
Growing up with yiddish as my first language, I thought toddlers from English speaking communities must be brilliant, picking it up at such a young age.

lol. And I used to think English people can’t yell because their accent gets in the way of yelling.

and that people that can’t speak English are naturally stupid embarrassed

amother
Wheat

#BestBubby wrote:
When Morah told the story about how the brothers threw Yosef in a pit,

I didn't understand how Yosef could fit into a tiny pit. It must have been a nes.

LOL!

(Took me a minute.)

#BestBubby  

amother Linen wrote:
You know those tags attached to furniture and mattresses that said “do not detach under penalty of law”? My mother told me that when she was a kid she thought that if you cut or ripped one off the police would come and arrest you!

Aren't they prosecuting Trump for removing a mattress tag?

synthy

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:22 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
My 7 yr old just asked me if the world was colored when I was a kid in the olden days lol! I’m 39 btw
My 4 year old sister: Mommy, were you born when the yidden were still in mitzrayim or later, in the midbar?

giselle  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:26 pm
synthy wrote:
My 4 year old sister: Mommy, were you born when the yidden were still in mitzrayim or later, in the midbar?

I think all of us have experienced our children assuming we lived in the older days. But this is a winner! 😁

cnc

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:27 pm
synthy wrote:

LOL

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:27 pm
synthy wrote:

My 7 year was traumatized to learn that every single person in the Tanach is dead.

Moshe rabeinu is dead?

Yes, he’s niftar

Even Avorohom?

Yes

Maybe Yitzchak?

He’s not alive

Or Yosef???

He’s also dead

In fact, they are all dead. They have been dead for a very long time. Sorry, love.

Oh, so maybe they were alive when your grandma was little?

Not really

Maybe her grandma

Also no

They were all dead and deader then dead ocr a very very very long time. Ok?

He starts to cry. That’s a horrible thing to say mommy!

It’s the truth, love. Only the truth

#BestBubby  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:34 pm
That reminds me of a true story.

Ethiopian Jews who were cut off from the rest of the Jewish world for centuries arrived in EY.

When they were told they would be taken on a trip to Yerushalayim, they were jumping with excitement at going to see the Beis HaMikosh!

When they were told the Beis HaMikdash was destroyed they were in shock.

"When did this happen????"

"Almost 2,000 years ago..."

The community burst into tears, crying over the destruction of the Bais HaMikdosh.

#BestBubby  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:36 pm
synthy wrote:

And I thought that toddlers who were fluent in Hebrew or Yiddish were brilliant.

giselle

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:37 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
That reminds me of a true story.

Ethiopian Jews who were cut off from the rest of the Jewish world for centuries arrived in EY.

When they were told they would be taken on a trip to Yerushalayim, they were jumping with excitement at going to see the Beis HaMikosh!

When they were told the Beis HaMikdash was destroyed they were in shock.

"When did this happen????"

"Almost 2,000 years ago..."

The community burst into tears, crying over the destruction of the Bais HaMikdosh.

This is heartbreaking. Their mesora was that the Bais Hamikdash was still standing?

my mama

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Linen wrote:

You do know that these tags only need to be left on in the store and the second after you buy them they can be removed?

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when I see people keeping them for years and years. It's actually attached in a way that makes for a simple and clean tear

#BestBubby  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:42 pm
giselle wrote:
This is heartbreaking. Their mesora was that the Bais Hamikdash was still standing?

They were exiled when the Beis HaMikdash was standing and never learned the history of its destruction.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics