Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hollywood,Florida trip ideas
Previous  1  2

amother
Peru  

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:53 am
We did this trip with similar age kids. It was really nice. We didn’t even do much. Just leaving the snow in the tri state area (2 years ago it was snowing when we left!) and landing to warm sun and palm trees was enough!
We rented a really nice Airbnb with a gorgeous private pool. We spent hours by the pool. I didn’t even go in the water but I sat there in the sun watching my kids enjoy and it was beautiful.
We did bike riding on the boardwalk. There’s a place to rent bikes. So fun. We went out for ice cream in Miami and there’s a really good pizza shop in Fort Lauderdale. Both cholov Yisrael. My husband stopped off into a grocery store in Hollywood each morning after shul and brought back bagels and pastries. They prepare sandwiches. We went to the mall one evening.
Maybe we didn’t even do anything else but it was just nice being in 75 degrees for a few days. Really helped that we had a beautiful house and pool since we hung out there a lot.

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:53 am
Alligator swamp tours are fun.
https://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/
If you're ok with secular music, no words just the instrumentals, the light show at the guitar hotel is a fun free night activity. You can google their website for times, leave time for parking and walking to the viewing area so you don't miss it. Was a very family friendly crowd when we were there. There's also a fountain inside the hotel that has a mini light show we stopped to see it on our way back to the car.
The water taxi is a way to see the fancy houses on the water and it's nice and realxing if you like that kind of thing. Some boat operators are better at giving information than others. It's not a true tour like you can get from some cruise type companies. You can get on and off but we decided not to, the stops didn't really interested us on the way. I googled where the best place to park and pick it up was, it's been a while.
For an inexpensive eating option, we like yumberry, milchigs with waiter but casual.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:04 am
Cafe Noir is insanely amazing. My fave restaurant in the world

amother
DarkViolet  

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:11 am
amother Peru wrote:
We did this trip with similar age kids. It was really nice. We didn’t even do much. Just leaving the snow in the tri state area (2 years ago it was snowing when we left!) and landing to warm sun and palm trees was enough!
We rented a really nice Airbnb with a gorgeous private pool. We spent hours by the pool. I didn’t even go in the water but I sat there in the sun watching my kids enjoy and it was beautiful.
We did bike riding on the boardwalk. There’s a place to rent bikes. So fun. We went out for ice cream in Miami and there’s a really good pizza shop in Fort Lauderdale. Both cholov Yisrael. My husband stopped off into a grocery store in Hollywood each morning after shul and brought back bagels and pastries. They prepare sandwiches. We went to the mall one evening.
Maybe we didn’t even do anything else but it was just nice being in 75 degrees for a few days. Really helped that we had a beautiful house and pool since we hung out there a lot.

Bumping this post/thread
Looking for a nice Airbnb in hollywood, with a pool
Any recommendations? small is fine, its just for two people
But nice, fresh & CLEAN

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:15 am
JZ steakhouse had awesome experience!!

amother
  DarkViolet  

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:19 am
Airbnb recommendations? with a pool

amother
Almond  

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Peru wrote:

Which pizza shop in Hollywood? Which place has pastries?
What's the ice cream store called?
where can you rent bikes on the boardwalk?

amother
  Peru

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:54 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Which pizza shop in Hollywood? Which place has pastries?
What's the ice cream store called?
where can you rent bikes on the boardwalk?

The pizza shop we went to a few times is in Fort Lauderdale. That’s just a few minutes away from Hollywood. It’s called Ariel’s pizza. It’s Cholov Yisroel. They are open till 9pm. They sell other milchig food as well. It’s run by a couple and they’re really nice. We actually stopped in on the way to the airport so everyone was well fed before we boarded the plane.
I don’t remember the name of the grocery in Hollywood that sold bagels and pastries .. maybe someone else knows?
The ice cream store is In Miami. I think it’s called Zohar’s gelato.
Drive to the Hollywood beach and walk on the boardwalk. You will see signs for bike rentals. If you don’t see the signs for some reason then ask someone who is riding on the boardwalk.

mirelcakes

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Peru wrote:
The pizza shop we went to a few times is in Fort Lauderdale. That’s just a few minutes away from Hollywood. It’s called Ariel’s pizza. It’s Cholov Yisroel. They are open till 9pm. They sell other milchig food as well. It’s run by a couple and they’re really nice. We actually stopped in on the way to the airport so everyone was well fed before we boarded the plane.
I don’t remember the name of the grocery in Hollywood that sold bagels and pastries .. maybe someone else knows?
Drive to the Hollywood beach and walk on the boardwalk. You will see signs for bike rentals. If you don’t see the signs for some reason then ask someone who is riding on the boardwalk.

Grocery is called KC Market 5650 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33021

amother
  DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:07 pm
Please please
Villa reccomemdation
With a pool

amother
  Indigo  

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:04 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Cafe Noir

Delicious fresh food...

amother
  Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
JZ steakhouse had awesome experience!!

I was there 2 nights ago..food was mega!! We really enjoyed it

amother
  Almond  

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:03 am
amother Peru wrote:

Thanks!

amother
  Almond

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:29 pm
amother Midnight wrote:

They just reopened the big slide in aventura mall.

Does anyone know if the slide is only opened Friday through Sunday? That's what it looked like online.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics