Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why would anyone want a Tesla?
1  2  3  Next

GLUE  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 6:58 pm
The more I read about Tesla's the less I understand why anyone would want them.

-Charging, Why would you want a car that for some hours of the day it is useless? There has been times when I had to run out in the middle of the night for different reasons. Why would I want a car that is not available for emergencies?

-The whole software issue, I don't know the whole thing but from what I hear(feel free to explain how I am wrong)you can't change the software, if you do your car will not run. When I buy a car I want something that is mine, I don't want to be told what I can or can't do with it.(that is why I do not lease)
I also hear that you have to pay a monthly fee to keep the software going is that true? If it is how can you say you own your car?

-Right to repair movement hates the Tesla. The battery is made in a way that you can't repair it so when it burns out you have to replace it at the tune of $15,000 a new one. Not that repairing it is cheep before they started with the new type it cost around 10,000 to repair. There are other things that also make it difficult or impossible to repair.

-Little resell value, Who's buying a car that you have to spend $15,000 just for the battery. Many Tesla's get junked after the life span of the battery, if you are buying it because you care about the environment. Why are you getting a car that is very unenvironment friendly?

-How much are you saving on gas anyway? When ever I ask someone who has one non of them have ever done a cost saving chesbon.

Can someone explain how wrong I am and why getting a Tesla is great.

amother
Brass

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 6:59 pm
They're cool and with gvt grants they are a very affordable option.

amother
DarkGray  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:00 pm
An image

GLUE  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:01 pm
amother Brass wrote:

How affordable are they with gov. grants?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:02 pm
We are looking for a new car now and believe it or not the Tesla is the most affordable option
Under $600 a month to finance

amother
Bottlebrush  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:03 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
An image

Omg imamother loves to hate on tesla owners. We got it bec it was cheaper than getting a standard Hinda or Toyota

devo1982

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:03 pm
GLUE wrote:
How affordable are they with gov. grants?

Between federal and state rebates and Tesla’s recent price cuts, it’s coming out to 25,000 and it’s enough for my husband to seriously consider it at that price point (I am very not happy about this idea).

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Brass wrote:

Yes, I'm so pleased that tax dollars are going to help people who already have money drive fancy cars for less.

amother
  DarkGray  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:07 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
We are looking for a new car now and believe it or not the Tesla is the most affordable option
Under $600 a month to finance

It's not solely about how much it is per month
You also need to consider how much it'll be TOTAL and how many years it'll last to understand the value

amother
  Bottlebrush  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:07 pm
devo1982 wrote:
Between federal and state rebates and Tesla’s recent price cuts, it’s coming out to 25,000 and it’s enough for my husband to seriously consider it at that price point (I am very not happy about this idea).

Exactly. It made the most financial sense for us to get one. I’m not thrilled either but my husband seems happy with it.

amother
  DarkGray

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:09 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Omg imamother loves to hate on tesla owners. We got it bec it was cheaper than getting a standard Hinda or Toyota

Lol I'm a person, I'm not "Imamother", and it happens to be my opinion
And it's kinda funny you have this idea of the consensus here when we both have the same amount of thumbs up....

BrisketBoss

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:10 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
An image

Yup, but now that the same people are supposed to hate Elon...

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:11 pm
Buying a used Acura is the same as a Tesla. I’d rather get an Acura

I’m with you op I don’t like new technology and I don’t like the idea of charging but I’m sure charging stations will be as common as gas station within the coming years

(I drive a sienna)

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:11 pm
devo1982 wrote:

Don't worry...
When all the "regular" people start driving this, Tesla will no longer be cool and you'll fit right in.

I remember this happened with my uncle in Lawrence 20 year ago. He got a Mercedes compact SUV and loved it. Then it went on sale and all the moms around the Five Towns got one. Suddenly he hated his and let me drive it whenever I wanted :-) Being that I am totally uncool, I was thrilled.

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:12 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
An image

No. Just no.
We've had for 5 years now, and we know those who have had for close to decade already. It lasts and stays in great condition. No maintenance like oil changes necessary. We love it, and we couldn't care less about imagine. Not at all. No manifestation of that in our lives. Tesla is a very safe car, super affordable car, cheaper than Camry now, we save tons on gas, non-issue with range we have 350 miles range and charge overnight at home and there are chargers everywhere now. Charging is quick and easy. Software gets better and better with time. Battery lasts longer than you think. It drives so well, smooth, excellent pickup and quiet ride. Never looked back. We would definitely get another one in heartbeat

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:12 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
An image

The Tesla image days are long over. It’s not considered especially fancy anymore- in Lakewood it’s basically the new Camry. After price cuts and all the grants it’s a relatively affordable option.

amother
Burlywood  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:15 pm
GLUE wrote:

-Charging, Why would you want a car that for some hours of the day it is useless? There has been times when I had to run out in the middle of the night for different reasons. Why would I want a car that is not available for emergencies? Cars need fuel. That's like saying why would you want a regular car if yoy have to find a gas station every time it's low on fuel? At least with a tesla you can charge it overnight while you sleep (if you have the charging set up) and not have to schlep out to refuel.

-The whole software issue, I don't know the whole thing but from what I hear(feel free to explain how I am wrong)you can't change the software, if you do your car will not run. When I buy a car I want something that is mine, I don't want to be told what I can or can't do with it.(that is why I do not lease)
I also hear that you have to pay a monthly fee to keep the software going is that true? If it is how can you say you own your car?
Pretty sure trying to change the software on any car will void the warranty.
-Right to repair movement hates the Tesla. The battery is made in a way that you can't repair it so when it burns out you have to replace it at the tune of $15,000 a new one. Not that repairing it is cheep before they started with the new type it cost around 10,000 to repair. There are other things that also make it difficult or impossible to repair.

-Little resell value, Who's buying a car that you have to spend $15,000 just for the battery. Many Tesla's get junked after the life span of the battery, if you are buying it because you care about the environment. Why are you getting a car that is very unenvironment friendly?

-How much are you saving on gas anyway? When ever I ask someone who has one non of them have ever done a cost saving chesbon.
I have a long commute and pay a lot for gas. If I had a tesla, it would be powered for free, since I have solar panels that generate more electricity than I use currently.

amother
  Bottlebrush

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:15 pm
amother Coral wrote:
The Tesla image days are long over. It’s not considered especially fancy anymore- in Lakewood it’s basically the new Camry. After price cuts and all the grants it’s a relatively affordable option.

This. It’s not an image thing at all.
(I don’t live in Lakewood)

amother
Aubergine  

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
No. Just no.
We've had for 5 years now, and we know those who have had for close to decade already. It lasts and stays in great condition. No maintenance like oil changes necessary. We love it, and we couldn't care less about imagine. Not at all. No manifestation of that in our lives. Tesla is a very safe car, super affordable car, cheaper than Camry now, we save tons on gas, non-issue with range we have 350 miles range and charge overnight at home and there are chargers everywhere now. Charging is quick and easy. Software gets better and better with time. Battery lasts longer than you think. It drives so well, smooth, excellent pickup and quiet ride. Never looked back. We would definitely get another one in heartbeat

This exactly. We don’t pay a monthly fee for software btw.

amother
Calendula

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:34 pm
GLUE wrote:

-Charging, Why would you want a car that for some hours of the day it is useless? There has been times when I had to run out in the middle of the night for different reasons. Why would I want a car that is not available for emergencies?

It's a cruddy car. Feels like driving in a tin can.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics