Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rabbi Belskys Yeshiva Israel
Previous  1  2

Matisse

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:07 pm
Our 24 year old son learned in Lakewood for a few years, then Belsky's for a year and he has been back in Lakewood learning for the past 2 years. He takes his learning seriously and is a well rounded boy. BH, he is engaged. As a "boy mom" who is marrying off her second son, I hope people will watch what they post/say about yeshivas/seminaries. There is a range at every yeshiva/seminary and IYH, each boy/girl is learning at the best place for him/her.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:48 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Also interested for a son. What's the name of this yeshiva?

Bh ds is doing really well in his current warm, supportive mesivta but unfortunately they don't have a beis medrash past high school. He only just found his place there after struggling in a previous mesivta. In elementary school he wasn't the strongest student but got by on personality. He's a great kid who really wants to grow and would like to spend at least a year in Israel, but I'm worried about sending him because I keep hearing about a lack of structure and this "party" atmosphere that keeps being mentioned. If there's a yeshiva that takes good boys who like to party and helps them find their way, I need details!

Yes this yeshiva definitely has some boys who are partying but most of the yeshiva is boys who may have had a rough past but are committed to growing in a pressure free environment where the rabbaim take personal interest in their growth.

amother
Powderblue  

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:17 pm
Please can someone post contact info ? Do they come to the New York area to conduct interviews ?
Thanks !

amother
  Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes this yeshiva definitely has some boys who are partying but most of the yeshiva is boys who may have had a rough past but are committed to growing in a pressure free environment where the rabbaim take personal interest in their growth.

That's wonderful... Can you please share the name of the yeshiva?

amother
  Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:54 am
I posted yesterday I’ll ask again please please please can anyone post contact info ?
Thank you

Chumy44

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:15 pm
The full name of the yeshiva is Yeshivas Tiferes Yisroel

Rabbi Chaim Leib Belsky
in EY 773-915-1615

Rabbi Yehoshua Klaver
in EY 917-391-0158

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Please can someone post contact info ? Do they come to the New York area to conduct interviews ?
Thanks !

They do and they do over FaceTime as well

mommyshoshana

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:51 pm
My son Was there 2 years he is currently in BMG with a chevra of a few guys from that-yeshiva he really loved the yeshiva and really wants to go back for Kollel he claims his success story there was because of the Rabbeim and positive atmosphere the lady who wrote what she wrote I think should do more research because I personally have been there and have seen my son grow there the Rosh yeshiva told me a good point people will judge a yeshiva by there worst bochur not by there metzuyanim.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics