Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Can u help me plan a travel camp for my girls
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:34 am
amother Honey wrote:
They spent 4 weeks in these places?

No. Previously they’ve done about 4-5 days in a place and I’m not against that model in this case of doing 4 areas 1 week at a time

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:34 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I did a 3 1/2 week cross country trip on Amtrak with my sister and 2 friends (4 girls total) - it was a lot of fun!! We look the California Zephyr and saw a lot of highlights. My favorite was the days we spent in Yosemite.

Oooh this might be amazing

Kumphort

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:48 am
I don’t have any god advice for you. But you sound like an amazing mom to plan these things for your kids. And the fact that they want to spend the summer vacationing together, even more so!
I don’t know anything about this company but I’ve found this when researching

https://www.campingkosher.com/

scintilla

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:36 am
I love this idea! Would Europe be an option? I spent a week in London without stepping foot in a car, and I've heard the rest of Europe is very easy to navigate by public transportation too. It is busy in the summer but definitely doable.

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
No. Previously they’ve done about 4-5 days in a place and I’m not against that model in this case of doing 4 areas 1 week at a time

Well that definitely opens up your options. I know some chassidish girls who don't drive who spent a week in Wyoming seeing Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. There are flights to Jackson Hole airport, and companies that provide both day and multi-day guided tours of the parks. From there they could fly to Kalispell, Montana and spend 2-3 days in Glacier National Park, which offers both full-day guided trips and also shuttles around the park.

They could also look into other cities out West with attractions that appeal to them - LA, Seattle, San Diego, Vancouver, etc. They don't have good mass transit, but Uber can definitely get them around to wherever they want to go. Chicago would be another good options. And as I mentioned already, a week in NYC would be easy to fill, with subways to get them wherever they want to go.

amother
  Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:00 pm
Montreal (it’s not the USA but not far from the tristate area) is doable with public transport! Lots to see and do and kosher food.

amother
  SandyBrown

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oooh this might be amazing

I am happy to help in any way!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 6:02 pm
Just want to say I’m totally jealous of your girls. That sounds like so much fun.

Journeys

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:00 am
amother OP wrote:
My 3 girls (15,16&18) all have 4 weeks in the summer to travel within the USA. I may join them for a few days but can’t quite take off 4 weeks. They’re responsible and we have traveled a lot and they’re great at it. I don’t have the means (4500 a kid!) to send them to a travel camp and know that they can do this on their own for 1/2 the price or less. They’re excited.

They would love to pick a region and hear some highlights. They’re curious especially from those whose girls have been on traveling camps where frum teen travel camps go

If you are still looking for specific travel info or help, you can send me a PM. I've been running travel camps for many years and more than happy to share and help you plan as much as I'm able.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps