Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is Dr Surowitz no longer using Monmouth?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:36 am
Amother hydrangea- thank you for clarifying, 2 very different things. I used Dr Surowitz for my last baby and was so thrilled with her.

amother
Wine  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:36 am
I'm using surowitz and they told me they r moving to jersey shore. I did not realize they dnt have a nicu. Is that true??
It's my first pregnancy so I dnt have a reason to need one but I also dnt have a reason to not need one Chas veshalom.

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:39 am
amother Wine wrote:
I'm using surowitz and they told me they r moving to jersey shore. I did not realize they dnt have a nicu. Is that true??
It's my first pregnancy so I dnt have a reason to need one but I also dnt have a reason to not need one Chas veshalom.

Yes they do have a very high rated nicu and they have a nursery. Not sure where the other poster was getting her information from. Iyh you shouldn’t need the nicu

healthyandhappy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:39 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Monmouth has a Nicu and jersey shore doesnt if chas veshalam there is an issue with the baby and you need Nicu you want to be in Monmouth

This is not true. Jesey shore has a level 3 nicu extremely professional.

amother
  Wine

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:41 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Yes they do have a very high rated nicu and they have a nursery. Not sure where the other poster was getting her information from. Iyh you shouldn’t need the nicu

Thank you!!
I thought they had one but wasn't sure. That post scared me so thanks for clarifying!

amother
  Blueberry

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:

From what ive heard they have a comparable nicu to Monmouth. Several high risk obs deliver there.

However I posted about the regular baby nursery. Can you confirm its availability on demand like Monmouth? So, yes they have one, but are you allowed to send your healthy baby? (Eg doesnt need a warmer or observation?) Pre covid I know a few pple who had unpleasant surprises when they were forced to keep their baby with them all day and night "for bonding".

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:05 pm
My friend's baby was born in Jersey shore at 33 weeks, it was an emergency c. Her baby was in the nicu there for close to 2 months. She got excellent care and her baby is bh now a thriving 3yr old.

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:07 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
From what ive heard they have a comparable nicu to Monmouth. Several high risk obs deliver there.

However I posted about the regular baby nursery. Can you confirm its availability on demand like Monmouth? So, yes they have one, but are you allowed to send your healthy baby? (Eg doesnt need a warmer or observation?) Pre covid I know a few pple who had unpleasant surprises when they were forced to keep their baby with them all day and night "for bonding".

Yes I can confirm that jersey shore has a regular functioning nursery available on demand

amother
  Lightyellow

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:10 pm
Yes, they have a nursery, but you need to request for your baby to be taken. My last baby, I had Covid so understandably, she stayed with me. But the ones before, I was able to send

mig100  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:28 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Not her license! Her hospital privileges
I am a doula who has worked alongside many drs in Lakewood and she impresses me more than most to be honest
I would tell you to do your research…

Can u pm me

amother
  Grape

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:18 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
That is not the real reason - ask anyone in Lakewood who works in the OB field...
she said that she is understaffed and has therefore been unable to give her patients proper attention

What did it mean she’s changing hospitals because she’s understaffed? How does that solve the problem? Monmouth kicked her out?

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:28 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
jersey shore maternity unit is great. monmouth is also, but jersey shore is not any worse or better. its just that the whole lakewood uses monmouth so of course you can't be different....

I used a different hospital and every person I talk to in Lakewood thinks I’m mentally deficient. I’m from out of town though and I like picking my own doctors and hospitals.

amother
  Freesia  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 8:51 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Correct
Jersey shore is a more natural minded hospital
Monmouth board didn’t like her c-section rates (they were too low, which they should be) because it brings in less revenue.
Anyone using her should be happy
They also didn’t like the attention she gave her birthing center
Believe me, all the reasons are more of a reason to use her

You know this for sure?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
You know this for sure?
It can't be true because when I used Surowitz 11 years ago, her C-section rates were already around what they are now. Suddenly over a decade later they're too low for Monmouth?

Why isn't she sharing why she's really making this decision?

Regardless, Jersey Shore is a perfectly good hospital. I used Monmouth with all my babies because that's where the practices I've used, all delivered.

amother
  Freesia

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
It can't be true because when I used Surowitz 11 years ago, her C-section rates were already around what they are now. Suddenly over a decade later they're too low for Monmouth?

Why isn't she sharing why she's really making this decision?

Regardless, Jersey Shore is a perfectly good hospital. I used Monmouth with all my babies because that's where the practices I've used, all delivered.

what do you think is the real story

amother
Obsidian  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:25 pm
What is her c section rate?
How does one find out any dr c section rate?

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:25 pm
Please let’s not get derailed. This is beginning to turn into a not positive thread.
@mods please lock this thread.

Sebastian  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:28 pm
Ahe told someone she could try for a vbac after or until 4 c sections. Maybe the hospital wasnt okay with her vbac policy. She also will deliver a breach baby vaginally. Could be the hospital wasnt willing to allow it so she s switching
I could see something like that being a reason to switch.

amother
  Obsidian

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:28 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
You know this for sure?

Jersey shore c section rate is higher than Monmouth . I was able to check by hospital , but not by dr.
Monmouth is around 18% and Jersey Shore around 22%

Sebastian  

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:29 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
What is her c section rate?
How does one find out any dr c section rate?

She says 7%
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries