Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Prime movie recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I watched A Walk to Remember. It was fantastic, but the ending was so sad! I cried buckets. I’ll check out the other ones.

Thanks so much. It feels so good to cry. I've been numb for the past few months.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:38 pm
amother Orange wrote:
If you dont mind war movies, I loved Hacksaw Ridge, the true story of a WW2 medic who wouldn’t touch a gun for religious reasons and ended up saving the lives of almost 100 men in one battle. Incredible story and great acting. Even though he was a Christian I found it very inspiring how he stuck to his principles no matter what and stayed true to his beliefs.

I watched this now, ty for the rec. never watched such a poignant, and touching movie. I'd love more like it. it was sad but had an undercurrent of strength and heroism that really touched me.
anything similar?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 7:12 pm
I watched Hacksaw Ridge and it was beautiful! So different from the movies I usually watch.
I’m looking for more recs. I don’t have prime now. Any good ones you watched on YouTube for free? (I’m stingy like that TMI )

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 8:41 pm
Good voch. Bumping this up. I’d watch a movie now rather than the news. Any recs on movies free on prime now?

amother
Brunette  

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:08 pm
Der untergang is the best movie I’ve ever seen
It’s in German with English subtitles
I loved my American president also

amother
  Babypink  

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:15 pm
And so it goes
80 for brady
All roads lead to rome
The ron clarke story

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Der untergang is the best movie I’ve ever seen
It’s in German with English subtitles
I loved my American president also

Der Untergang is The Downfall? And is it The American President? I don’t see my American President.

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:25 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
And so it goes
80 for brady
All roads lead to rome
The ron clarke story

And so it goes was super! I didn’t love 80s for Brady. I’ll check out the others. Thanks.

amother
Poppy

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 10:44 pm
Not all of these are free, but all are great.

A Few Good Men A slick, young Navy lawyer is assigned to investigate a murder case in which two Marines killed a fellow enlisted man, and no one's talking. Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson and Demi Moore star. Don't let the description throw you off, this is an amazing movie, and very clean.

Safe Haven A young woman with a mysterious past lands in Southport, North Carolina, where her bond with a widower forces her to confront the dark secret that haunts her. It's very good!

Pride and Prejudice Keira Knightley is luminous in this winning adaptation of Jane Austen's epic love story about five sisters and their search for husbands. This movie is clean and sooo good.

Legally Blonde Reese Witherspoon stars as Elle Woods, a sorority queen who rallies all her resources to follow her ex to law school, determined to win him back. While there Elle must wage the battle of her life: for her guy, herself and all blondes. This movie is hilarious.

Gifted Hands The true story of a young black man who overcame obstacles and followed his dreams and became one of the world's top leading neurosurgeons.

Megan Leavey Based on the true life story of a young Marine corporal (from Rockland County actually) whose unique discipline and bond with her military combat dog saved many lives during their deployment in Iraq.

Rush Hour This is very different style from the above. It's a Jackie Chan movie and it's extremely funny and entertaining.

The Imitation Game The true story about a "real-life war hero and pioneer of modern-day computing, Alan Turing, who saved millions of lives by cracking Germany's so-called unbreakable code during WWII." Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.

The Impossible The true story of how a family survived the tsunami in Thailand in 2004.

amother
  Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 3:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Der Untergang is The Downfall? And is it The American President? I don’t see my American President.

Yes the downfall and maybe it’s called the American president it has Michael Douglass

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
And so it goes
80 for brady
All roads lead to rome
The ron clarke story

The Ron Clarke Story was well done and very well acted. Especially inspiring as I’m a teacher.
All Roads lead to Rome was a fun watch too.
Both are recommended.

Another good one I watched was Spanglish. It had just the right amount of comedy and drama. The act was super, script top notch, and zero cringe.
It just went off Prime but worth having on your watchlist.

Any more recs?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 7:05 pm
amother Poppy wrote:

A Few Good Men A slick, young Navy lawyer is assigned to investigate a murder case in which two Marines killed a fellow enlisted man, and no one's talking. Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson and Demi Moore star. Don't let the description throw you off, this is an amazing movie, and very clean.

Safe Haven A young woman with a mysterious past lands in Southport, North Carolina, where her bond with a widower forces her to confront the dark secret that haunts her. It's very good!

Pride and Prejudice Keira Knightley is luminous in this winning adaptation of Jane Austen's epic love story about five sisters and their search for husbands. This movie is clean and sooo good.

Legally Blonde Reese Witherspoon stars as Elle Woods, a sorority queen who rallies all her resources to follow her ex to law school, determined to win him back. While there Elle must wage the battle of her life: for her guy, herself and all blondes. This movie is hilarious.

Gifted Hands The true story of a young black man who overcame obstacles and followed his dreams and became one of the world's top leading neurosurgeons.

Megan Leavey Based on the true life story of a young Marine corporal (from Rockland County actually) whose unique discipline and bond with her military combat dog saved many lives during their deployment in Iraq.

Rush Hour This is very different style from the above. It's a Jackie Chan movie and it's extremely funny and entertaining.

The Imitation Game The true story about a "real-life war hero and pioneer of modern-day computing, Alan Turing, who saved millions of lives by cracking Germany's so-called unbreakable code during WWII." Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.

The Impossible The true story of how a family survived the tsunami in Thailand in 2004.

Thanks. I appreciate the time you put into this list. I’m going to check these out.
I started watching Legally Blonde. I had to stop in the middle because it was so cringe. Is something wrong with me? Was I supposed to push through to get to the good parts?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:13 pm
I am looking for something clean to watch with DH. Any recommendations?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 11:34 am
Hi. I’m updating this thread in case someone is on a search for recommendations.
The Bodyguard (1992) I watched it two times in a row, and would watch it again. The lead act does a phenomenal job. With subtle facial and lip movement he portrays the character he plays very accurately. I have some questions on the plot line, but it was worth the watch anyway.
10 things I hate about you
I started watching it, and realized that I watched it in the past, but continued anyway. The character development is very well done and the quirky and witty lines had me chuckling. Great romantic comedy.

I admit I’m borderline addicted. I tell myself that movies are preferable to YouTube shorts, an evil abyss that I can’t extricate myself from. At least these end after an hour or two.

Enjoy!

Herringbone

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:37 pm
I love the Adam Sandler stuff.
Click
the bat mitzva one
Spanglish

amother
Violet  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:13 pm
OMG, I'm binge watching friends all over agin and missing Perry, there realy isn't things like this anymore.
My list would include
Friends
How I met your mother
Modern Family
Will and Grace
The marvelous Mrs Meisel-

Please, I need to entertain myself some more! add your favorites here that would fit well with mine so that I can have what to watch

Btw, what happened to Shtisel? No platform is allowing me to watch it. Is this part of the anti Israel thing going on?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Poppy wrote:

Thank you for giving descriptions!!

I really enjoyed Gifted Hands.

Does anyone have other suggestions for clean-ish meaningful/inspirational dramas?

If one has a subscription to The Daily Wire, there's a very interesting movie about the life of Clarance Thomas. It does have content not appropriate for children/might be too much for someone who prefers extra clean content only, such as the s-exual harassment trial he went through.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:43 pm
Herringbone wrote:
I love the Adam Sandler stuff.
Click
the bat mitzva one
Spanglish

I loved Spanglish. It was a very fun watch.

Any new or recently added good ones?

amother
DarkGreen  

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:56 pm
I recently watched A man called Otto with Dh, we both loved it, and we were both in tears by the end.
I'm not sure where you can watch this for free.
This is the description:
A grumpy widower forms an unlikely friendship with his new neighbors that turns his world around

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:59 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I recently watched A man called Otto with Dh, we both loved it, and we were both in tears by the end.
I'm not sure where you can watch this for free.
This is the description:
A grumpy widower forms an unlikely friendship with his new neighbors that turns his world around

I watched it recently too. Thanks. Anything else you liked?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics