1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Sep 30 2023, 5:01 pm
Anyone have any experience with this yeshiva and can share more info

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:01 am
No but it was on my list to look into and was told great things about it that I don't remember.

Cheiny  

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have any experience with this yeshiva and can share more info

It’s known as the party Yeshiva, as per some Rosh Yeshivas in the US. Certain yeshivas here won’t accept boys that come back from there.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:15 am
Cheiny wrote:
It’s known as the party Yeshiva, as per some Rosh Yeshivas in the US. Certain yeshivas here won’t accept boys that come back from there.

Maybe edit to ask OP to PM you. This is a damaging thing to post publicly and not necessarily true.

I know the yeshiva too - no relatives or anything but I’m involved with shidducchim,

Note to all - pls be careful!!

Cheiny

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:17 am
amother Chambray wrote:
Maybe edit to ask OP to PM you. This is a damaging thing to post publicly and not necessarily true.

I know the yeshiva too - no relatives or anything but I’m involved with shidducchim,

Note to all - pls be careful!!

I trust the RYs who told it to me directly, otherwise I wouldn’t say it.

The Yeshiva is for weaker learners and the boys there do party. I also know boys personally who went there, friends of my dc.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:19 am
Delete

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:23 am
Just as an FYI - there are weak learners and partiers in EVERY yeshiva, don't kid yourself.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:34 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Just as an FYI - there are weak learners and partiers in EVERY yeshiva, don't kid yourself.

Sure, but they're the minority. Hence the yeshiva isn't known for it. It seems that in this yeshiva it's the majority.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:49 am
How do the boys come out?
They may go in as partyers, but after a year or two or three where do they go on to?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:49 am
I’m not sure how guys generally start off there but all I can say some guys guys really grow there as well!

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:20 pm
I know a bunch of guys from there. Not very Yeshivish - but they are solid awesome guys

amother
Mustard  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 2:17 pm
Does anyone know any good 2nd/3rd year beis medrash mainstream yeshivas that cater to growing bochrim that just need a little help to "make a leining" and motivate them to come to 3 sedarim a day. Not a party place, preferably no smart phones. Ie. Guys looking to grow and get serious

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Does anyone know any good 2nd/3rd year beis medrash mainstream yeshivas that cater to growing bochrim that just need a little help to "make a leining" and motivate them to come to 3 sedarim a day. Not a party place, preferably no smart phones. Ie. Guys looking to grow and get serious

Senters

amother
  Mustard  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Senters

Thank you! Looking for a tiny bit more of an out of town feel though.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:01 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I trust the RYs who told it to me directly, otherwise I wouldn’t say it.

The Yeshiva is for weaker learners and the boys there do party. I also know boys personally who went there, friends of my dc.

there is a quote in the gemara that your blood is not redder than theirs.

These are hashems children and their blood and avodas hashem is just as important as yours.

I think you should take down your post.
[b]

tyh2023  

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:11 pm
Idk what all the Roshei Yeshivos said about Belskys but it’s defiantly not for “weak” learners they may be boys who have a hard time learning but most of them are extremely smart and I can say this as a mother of 2 children who went there and are b”h married and learning in kollel now. The yeshiva works with every boy on their own to give them and appreciation of learning and yiddishkeit and make them into serious ehrileche bnei Torah. And as for the partying part, yes there is partying there and this yeshiva isn’t for everyone but just like most yeshivos here boys will be boys and they have fun but at the same time they are all working hard on themselves and making big strides in life. And to quote a Shadchan who worked with my son “many girls these days want to marry such boys because they have true meaning in life and understand what they are doing and not just faking it till they make it”

tyh2023

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Yes it’s definitely not brisk and they don’t cater to it they cater to a smart boy who may have had a hard time with the regular yeshiva system. Please don’t just throw a yeshiva under the bus.

amother
  Mustard

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:38 pm
I ended up sending my son here, despite the blatant loshon hora on this thread. Those who spoke loshon hora on this thread have the responsibility to remove their halachically problematic words, and so far from the truth as well. The boys in this yeshiva are genuine bnei Torah that learn and grown and flourish tremendously under the amazing caring rosh yeshiva and rebbeim here that are truly invested in their talmidimz enabling them to reach tremendous heights in avodas Hashem and Limud Hatorah! We are thrilled with the Yeshiva BH!

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:02 pm
Is there an official name of this Yeshiva? Where are boys usually coming from? Is this a 1st year place.

Sounds like something I would look into for my son.

amother
Magenta  

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:19 pm
Also interested for a son. What's the name of this yeshiva?

Bh ds is doing really well in his current warm, supportive mesivta but unfortunately they don't have a beis medrash past high school. He only just found his place there after struggling in a previous mesivta. In elementary school he wasn't the strongest student but got by on personality. He's a great kid who really wants to grow and would like to spend at least a year in Israel, but I'm worried about sending him because I keep hearing about a lack of structure and this "party" atmosphere that keeps being mentioned. If there's a yeshiva that takes good boys who like to party and helps them find their way, I need details!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics