Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is super nanny good chinuch?
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 3:31 am
salt wrote:
I don't like the naughty corner time-out method - and that's in absolutely every episode.

But in general, loving but firm is a good way to go.

And how is it - everyone on super-nanny has an absolutely HUGE house!!

Probably because the naughty corner method its needed in the TV shows. The families shown on TV have serious child raising issues.

amother
Silver  

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 9:14 am
The main thing I don't like is the time out. Otherwise I mostly really enjoy her. She is so good at feeling out what is going on in the hearts of little ones. She's a child whisperer.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 10:50 am
amother Silver wrote:
The main thing I don't like is the time out. Otherwise I mostly really enjoy her. She is so good at feeling out what is going on in the hearts of little ones. She's a child whisperer.

Nobody enjoys time outs on the naughty chair. Not child, not parent and not Jo Frost. That said, it *is* necessary to have consequences when boundaries and rules are broken.
Nobody said parenting was a rose garden.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:14 am
Roots wrote:
if anyone would like I can put some more

Would love to see some more! I don't agree with everything she says/does but really like some of her ways.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:15 am
Rappel wrote:
Her bedtime training method saved me.

Take what you like, leave what you dont.

What is the method?

amother
  Bluebell

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:28 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
What is the method?

This is for older kids, not for babies, that keep coming out of bed at night, refuse to sleep in their own bed, or kids that need a parent to lay in bed with them in order to fall asleep:
Older kids: put them to bed, say good night, close the door. If kid comes out, silently put them back to bed. Without a word or reaction. Again and again. If child cries in bed, don't go in. Let them cry till they fall asleep.
Toddlers- younger kids that you want to train to sleep in their own bed; put them in their crib/bed, and sit on the floor in their room. Even if they cry, don't pick them up or react at all. No soothing. Sit there as they cry till they fall asleep. Every night, move a bit further away from their bed, till you're not in the room anymore.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:31 am
I’ve definitely gained a lot from watching her show.
I take what I like and leave the rest.

It helped me be consistent, stronger and more comfortable with rules and boundaries which made my child feel so much more secure right away.

I saw no negative affects when I implemented her ideas but I definitely left out certain things I did not feel comfortable doing.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 12:42 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
This is for older kids, not for babies, that keep coming out of bed at night, refuse to sleep in their own bed, or kids that need a parent to lay in bed with them in order to fall asleep:
Older kids: put them to bed, say good night, close the door. If kid comes out, silently put them back to bed. Without a word or reaction. Again and again. If child cries in bed, don't go in. Let them cry till they fall asleep.
Toddlers- younger kids that you want to train to sleep in their own bed; put them in their crib/bed, and sit on the floor in their room. Even if they cry, don't pick them up or react at all. No soothing. Sit there as they cry till they fall asleep. Every night, move a bit further away from their bed, till you're not in the room anymore.

I add: Jo Frost tells the child during day time that it's time for them as from this evening they stay in their own beds and fall asleep.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 4:09 pm
Roots wrote:
if anyone would like I can put some more

yes please

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 5:01 pm
Hashem chose YOU to parent your children

You know your kids best.

Take whatever makes sense to you and discard the rest.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 12:19 am
I like to watch an episode and then Facebook stalk the parents and kids. See who the troublemaking kids turned out to be. The ones with not so common names are easy to find. Sooooo many of the families, years later, are divorced.

amother
  Peony

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:47 am
[quote="TwinsMommy"]I like to watch an episode and then Facebook stalk the parents and kids. See who the troublemaking kids turned out to be. The ones with not so common names are easy to find. Sooooo many of the families, years later, are divorced.[/quote

But how do the kids turn out?

amother
  Silver

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:18 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
I like to watch an episode and then Facebook stalk the parents and kids. See who the troublemaking kids turned out to be. The ones with not so common names are easy to find. Sooooo many of the families, years later, are divorced.

Lol. Probably lots of couples divorce today... How are the kids doing Smile

smss

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:37 am
TwinsMommy wrote:

I feel like that's true of a lot of families that go on reality TV shows though...

I watched one of the clips that was posted. I don't love her methods personally but what I like even less is publicly showing children and families in such vulnerable moments.

Roots  

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:01 am

Roots  

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:35 am

Roots  

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:35 am

Roots

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:36 am
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics