Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Best Jewish music app with women performers

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 12:26 am
My kids like Spotify but I would love to switch to an app that only plays Jewish music. So far, I've tried jewishmusic.fm and Naki but it doesn't seem like any of them have female performers. I tried 24/6 and they were really missing so many male singers and music-it seemed they had a long way to go as far as the numbers and scope of their music. The app was also very bug-gy. My girls love Bracha Jaffe, Shaindy Plotzker, Devorah Schwartz, etc and I won't be able to tear them away from Spotify unless we can find an on demand app which also has these amazing women.
Is there such a thing?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 8:56 am
I was able to get in touch with Bracha Jaffe and Shaindel Antelis. (thank you Google). They both confirmed that their songs are available on 24six but no really any other Jewish streaming apps.
As I mentioned above, 24six is just not nearly comprehensive enough for our family which has diverse Jewish music interests.
Guess we're keeping Spotify. Unless someone else has a good out of the box solution.

watergirl  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:02 am
OP, like you said 24Six has them all. I have had one or two issues with bugs on the app, but I've been very VERY pleased with the customer service team and now they handle the bugs as they are made aware of them. I've found that one issue with the app is that many singers don't appear in the options as you scroll, you have to enter their names in the search function and then they are there. I have not yet searched for a singer and not found them there.

I also think it's very important to support this app so they can continue to develop and improve. Especially with the whole Lakewood ban thing, they may be loosing a lot of customers or potential ones. This is the only Jewish app to have women, I think it's so so important to support it. They can do a lot more with your $10/month than Spotify can.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:04 am
watergirl wrote:
OP, like you said 24Six has them all. I have had one or two issues with bugs on the app, but I've been very VERY pleased with the customer service team and now they handle the bugs as they are made aware of them. I've found that one issue with the app is that many singers don't appear in the options as you scroll, you have to enter their names in the search function and then they are there. I have not yet searched for a singer and not found them there.

Interesting. Even the Israeli oness-Ishay Ribo, Chanan Ben Ari,etc?
And oldies-we love Dveykus, Journeys, etc.

watergirl  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. Even the Israeli oness-Ishay Ribo, Chanan Ben Ari,etc?
And oldies-we love Dveykus, Journeys, etc.

I just searched for you. There is a TON of Journeys. Also Dveykus, Ishay Ribo. The only one I did not see is Chanan Ben Ari, but maybe because I spelled it wrong.

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:42 am
I also wanted to chime in that we love 24/6 and haven’t had a song/artist yet that we wanted and couldn’t find. We also had some bugs at the beginning but they recently put out some updates and seem to be trying to fix any issues. We have the stand alone device and my son loves that he can see which songs are trending and I am so comfortable giving him the device knowing there is nothing inappropriate on there. I feel that they definitely need and deserve our support!

it’s okay!

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:44 am
I agree with above posters, 24six is great! And there are many female singers on it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:07 am
Is 24/6 an app?
Do they have all singers?

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:53 am
watergirl wrote:
I just searched for you. There is a TON of Journeys. Also Dveykus, Ishay Ribo. The only one I did not see is Chanan Ben Ari, but maybe because I spelled it wrong.

I don't have the app, but on spotify it's hanan Ben Ari if that helps!

I'm also curious about this app - I play a ton of spotify over my Alexa speakers and Alexa can play songs from spotify on request. I don't imagine any kosher app can do that...

Hashemlovesme1  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:05 pm
Can anyone give examples of popular singers that are not on 24/6 app? I’m thinking of getting it and I assume all my favorites will be there but I don’t know how to find out.

watergirl  

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:21 pm
Honestly, the best thing to do is to get a free seven day trial. That’s what I did and it was the only way to get to know the content.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 8:43 am
watergirl wrote:
Honestly, the best thing to do is to get a free seven day trial. That’s what I did and it was the only way to get to know the content.

That’s a good idea. Thanks!

amother
Pearl  

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:11 am
Hashemlovesme1 wrote:
Can anyone give examples of popular singers that are not on 24/6 app? I’m thinking of getting it and I assume all my favorites will be there but I don’t know how to find out.

About six weeeks ago they were still missing some artists. Beri Weber , Shalsheles , Ari Goldwag . They are all on there now. I have searched for dozens of singers popular and less so and I have found the following missing:
Eli gerstner / YBC/ chevra
Yingerlach
The Lchaim Tisch series
One of Shmueli singers CDs

I hate to make such a list because it shows what they don’t have not what they have. They have literally every other popular artist plus many you never heard of, all the old stuff, every new release is feature instantaneously. I am super into music and have been very happy with it.

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:17 am
amother Pearl wrote:
About six weeeks ago they were still missing some artists. Beri Weber , Shalsheles , Ari Goldwag . They are all on there now. I have searched for dozens of singers popular and less so and I have found the following missing:
Eli gerstner / YBC/ chevra
Yingerlach
The Lchaim Tisch series
One of Shmueli singers CDs

I hate to make such a list because it shows what they don’t have not what they have. They have literally every other popular artist plus many you never heard of, all the old stuff, every new release is feature instantaneously. I am super into music and have been very happy with it.

I recently spoke with a female podcaster who is on there. She told me if there is someone missing, it's because they did not agree to be on that platform. We are likely going to start seeing these platforms try to form exclusive deals with people. So if Mordy Simon (made up name) signs a deal with Naki, he will not be on 24Six. If there is someone missing, it's not because 24six did not try to get them on - the cust. service person told this to me when I requested a particular person.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:58 am
what about yiddish kids cds? like lchaim kindergarten?

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:25 am
Thank you for all the feedback. I signed up for a free trial. It looks great and I've found plenty-I"m still trying to work out the kinks-it works on my Amazon kindle but not on my cellphone.

newinbp

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:21 pm
Wow so nice! I have the free Jewish music app on my phone and it doesn't have any female Jewish singers. Sad Def interested in looking into this!

amother
  Pearl  

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:35 pm
watergirl wrote:
I recently spoke with a female podcaster who is on there. She told me if there is someone missing, it's because they did not agree to be on that platform. We are likely going to start seeing these platforms try to form exclusive deals with people. So if Mordy Simon (made up name) signs a deal with Naki, he will not be on 24Six. If there is someone missing, it's not because 24six did not try to get them on - the cust. service person told this to me when I requested a particular person.

I actually spoke to 24Six about this. They said something similar, but Bh I was able to speak to a very popular Jewish singer that was not on the platform and reconnect them, he is now on Bh.
Sometimes it’s also because of deals from the labels, that don’t allow streaming. I hope Jewish artists don’t go exclusive one or the other; naki and 24Six don’t really seem like competition to me one is radio one is streaming. Please don’t happen 😫

amother
  Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:35 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
what about yiddish kids cds? like lchaim kindergarten?

None of the lchaim CDs are on there, but I don’t know the other Yiddish to look for.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:32 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
I actually spoke to 24Six about this. They said something similar, but Bh I was able to speak to a very popular Jewish singer that was not on the platform and reconnect them, he is now on Bh.
Sometimes it’s also because of deals from the labels, that don’t allow streaming. I hope Jewish artists don’t go exclusive one or the other; naki and 24Six don’t really seem like competition to me one is radio one is streaming. Please don’t happen 😫

I have naki and they recently made an app also. I have premium and they have namy singers it's not just radio. My kids listen to stories and cds all the time on there. (Uncle moishy, all Shmuel kinda, kivi and tuki, etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts